Thanks

Unhappy I have my period and I am in SO MUCH PAIN-- Can anyone help?

I have had weird periods (of course) and I usually have to take prometrium to help with my periods.

This month it came on its own (Yah!) However, I have SO MUCH PAIN. My pelvic area hurts so bad that I can't think of anything else, I feel so bloated and my back has a pain that is similar to the beginning of back labor.

My first thought was that I had a cyst but I had a scan last month and I was all clear.

Is this just something that goes along with PCOS? I am newly diagnosed..

Thank You---
    Heather-Momma to twins, Ryan and Justin...
    Hidden Content

Thanks

welcome to s c im so sorry that you have so much pain right now. I have cysts that come and go depending on the time of the month- so maybe you could have them too??
    have you asked your dr for any pain meds?? i take co-drydamol and mefenamic acid when my pains get bad. Also i find that a hot water bottle can help a bit too. hope you feel easier soon
    eva
    PCOS, LOCAH, ER+ breast cancer, Endom, Lichen Planus, IBS, HS, raised bp/ cholesterol. Meds: Spiro, Bendrofluazide, Amlodopine, Simvastatin, Met, Prednisolone, Mebeverine, Omeprazole, Tamoxafen ,

Me - 45, hubby 39 son 15 Married 18 years

She is buffeted by the wind, but she does not sink.

Hidden Content Hidden Content

waiting for a change kristyn5582's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hmeshow View Post
    I have had weird periods (of course) and I usually have to take prometrium to help with my periods.

This month it came on its own (Yah!) However, I have SO MUCH PAIN. My pelvic area hurts so bad that I can't think of anything else, I feel so bloated and my back has a pain that is similar to the beginning of back labor.

My first thought was that I had a cyst but I had a scan last month and I was all clear.

Thank You---
    Hey! I dont know, because I know everybody is different, but I just had the most painful AF of my life!! I was on provera which I am told is similar to Prometrium. I took it for 10 days on top of the metformin I have been taking for 3 months. I am in the last days of AF for this month, and the pain is almost all gone, unless I stand for a while or walk for awhile, so work should be fun tonight. The pain was so unbelievable the first 4 days and the flow was so bad that I wanted to crawl into my bed and never leave it lol. I was going through tampons every half hour to 45 minutes .. Super plus ones at that... No exaggeration. All I can think of is a while back I went for an ultrasound so dr. could take a look at how everything is looking and the technician that did it asked if I was getting ready to have a period and I said I had no idea I hadnt had one in soooooo long I couldnt even remember when it was. And she said oh... so I must have looked ready?? So I guess it was so heavy because it has been so long and I was shedding the lining and all that? I dont know, but I feel your pain... Good luck and if you have questions I will try to help
    Me 26 DH 30
    Married 10/05
    DX 2002
    Met 1000 mg/day
    prenatal, folic acid
    Provera 12/08
    Provera AF 12/5/08
    Prometrium 200 mg/day 1/6/09
    TTC as of 01/09

Hidden Content

TTC Our First Miracle TammyRH02's Avatar
    Thanks

I have found that A heating pad, Ibuprofen(800mg) and a nap will help a lot. Also try to avoid caffeine, that makes it worse. Aleive will also help with pain. hope you get some relief.
    Hidden Content
    DH Mike(31) and Me (28)
    Married 5/02
    TTC since 5/06

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

A warm heating pad, a comfy bed, some ibuprofen, and a good book usually does the trick for me Hope ya feel better soon!

Thanks

Hmmm I heard bananas are good for the pain. Lol i'm gonna be feeling just like you beause i haven't had a period since june

Thanks

wonder if decaf coffee makes it worse?? my periods have been getting more painful these last few months, and ive only been drinking decaf coffee for a few months.....

:
    PCOS, LOCAH, ER+ breast cancer, Endom, Lichen Planus, IBS, HS, raised bp/ cholesterol. Meds: Spiro, Bendrofluazide, Amlodopine, Simvastatin, Met, Prednisolone, Mebeverine, Omeprazole, Tamoxafen ,

Me - 45, hubby 39 son 15 Married 18 years

She is buffeted by the wind, but she does not sink.

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

2 Aleve every 6-8 hrs
    Heating Pad
    Pillows to keep my legs propped up high (even a pillow under my behind)
    Sometimes a pain killer to knock me out for a few hours

That does the trick for me.
    Liz Hidden Content

2011: Carpal Tunnel Release Surgery | TTC #1 in Aug (Femara & HCG)
    2010: Breast Reduction Surgery
    2009: Laparoscopy (Endo Stage II) | Hysteroscopy (Septate Uterus) | Cervical/Thoracic Disc Degeneration w/ Foraminal Stenosis | Herniated Discs in C5-6, C6-7, T4-5, & T7-8
    2008: Psuedotumor Cerebri | PCOS | Endometriosis | Depression | Anxiety
    2003: L4-L5 Herniated Disc Affecting Right Leg Sciatica
    1998: Herniated Disc in Neck (At the time I wasn't diagnosed with which one.)

waiting for a change kristyn5582's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I had to work through the pain as I couldnt call out sick, but I could barely walk without grimacing with every step lol. Was like that for about 4 days... then days 5-7 pain wasnt too bad unless I was standing for too long, and being that I work in a grocery store, im standing most of the day. Anyway... I took motrins every 4-6 hours, 3 of them and it helped a little but didnt last long. Hopefully it was only this bad because I hadnt had one in so long and next month will be better.
    Me 26 DH 30
    Married 10/05
    DX 2002
    Met 1000 mg/day
    prenatal, folic acid
    Provera 12/08
    Provera AF 12/5/08
    Prometrium 200 mg/day 1/6/09
    TTC as of 01/09

Hidden Content

Thanks

Ibrufin and a heating pad help me through .

Thanks

Definetly heating pads or those heat things you can wear under your clothes that stay hot for 8-12 hrs. The name totally escapes me.... Also if I am cramping badly it seems like tampons make it worse. So I will avoid them and just use a pad. Hope you feel better soon!
    Tammy-32 Hidden Content Ryan-36
    Married May 10, 2008
    RNY GBS August 10, 2004-330/151/165
    Below my goal and officially no longer overweight!
    Look for me on the WLS Divas thread!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hmeshow View Post

Thank You---
    When was the last time you had a Pap smear? The reason I ask, I had very painful AF for an 8 month period. They were also extremely heavy. I found out I had an ectopic pg caused by mucous in my left tube. After having an HSG for the right tube, they discovered mucous near the fimbria. Once I went on antibiotics for 2 weeks and had the HSG, the pain went back to normal and the flow went back to normal. I also became extremely bloated during those bad AF.
    The dr speculates that the mucous was causing added pressure and swelling to the region. Also, she recommended I take 2 Aleve pills or Cataflan which is a local anti-inflammatory to release the pain. Those both defintely helped.

Edited to add...
    The reason for the pain was I had an infection that must have gone undiagnosed. I had a pap about a year before the HSG which I was told was ok. When my new dr got my records from my old dr, we saw on there the dx.
    Last edited by SandV; 12-22-2008 at 07:12 PM.
    Me
    DSS 5/30/04 (always will be mine)

Baby Aspirin
    HSG 8/26/08 - right fimbria congested with hydrosalpinx
    Ectopic PG 4/23/08 (8 wks) Salpingectomy 4/23/08 (left)
    Dx PCOS 1993

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

A nice warm bath always helps me when I'm cramping or just uncomfortable in general. The warm water helps relax the muscles. I also take Ibuprofen for the aches.
    Dx: PCOS and IR on 12/15/2008

Rx: Metformin 1000Mg x2 Daily & Acebutolol 400Mg x2 Daily

Multi Vitamin

Lowered Carb Intake: (Cut Cereal, Pasta, Bread, and Soda)

Increased Cardio to 6 Days Per Week, 30 Minutes Per Day.