Thanks

Default Do you have hair growth only on ONE side of face???

I have was diagnosed with PCOS about 10 years ago, and I have a palm-sized area on only the left side of my neck where I get a LOT of hair. It does not go above the jawline, and it doesn't cross over onto the right side of my face. So, I only shave and use makeup on one side! My electrologist says she could draw a line down the center of my neck and there is no hair on the other side.

Is this a unique trait, or does anyone else experience this?

Thanks

I don't have hair strictly on one side of my face and neck, but I did notice that I have more hair on the left side. It also seems to grow in alot faster than the hair on my right side. Weird stuff.

Functional PCOS'er KimberlyMillions's Avatar
    New York...Life Should Be a Piece of Cake!
    Thanks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by kohina View Post
    I don't have hair strictly on one side of my face and neck, but I did notice that I have more hair on the left side. It also seems to grow in alot faster than the hair on my right side. Weird stuff.
    Wow, I have thicker hair on the left side too! This is the side that I beg the laser hair removal tech to zapp first! It's the worst, I don't even like for people to stand on my left side! It's far more noticeable...

Thanks

I don't have it only on one side, but I do have it worse on one side. My left side is probably twice as bad as the right side.

Functional PCOS'er KimberlyMillions's Avatar
    New York...Life Should Be a Piece of Cake!
    Thanks

Wink

I understand that our bodies werent designed symmetrically...one breast is slightly larger than the other...one foot is usually bigger, perhaps it's the same with the hair...I noticed while trimming my ends this morning that the left side of my hair is actually denser than the right!

I see a pattern, but what is it about the left side in particular?

huuummm, vvvveeeerrrrryyyy interesting!

Thanks

Weird trend... I made sure my right side was always facing the camera in our wedding photos!

On another note, when I was in college I was on a OCP (can't remember which), and it led my left breast being DD, and my right breast was a C. It was so noticeable my roomates called me "lefty". Needless, to say, I switched medication.