Thanks

Default Estrogen Levels During Injectable Cycle?

Hi Ladies. I'm not too familiar with what my estrogen levels should be. This ? is for anyone who has done an injectables cycle, and has had multiple follies growing..(I am hoping for more than one this month). I went to my RE yesterday morning, which was cycle day 5, and they said my Estrogen level was 48. Does anyone know if that is normal? Can I tell how many follies are growing from this number? I haven't had a follie check yet.

I know E2 levels should be around 150-200 for each mature follie before the IUI, but I wasn't sure what levels are normal for earlier in the cycle. Any help would be appreciated!
    Me: 30, no issues
    DH: 33, no issues Hidden Content
    DX: "Unexplained Infertility"
    TTC #1 since 7/07, HSG: all clear
    3 cycles of Gonal F w/IUI, all BFN Hidden Content

IVF #1-May June

6/15/09: 5 day transfer of 2 beautiful blasts
    6/21/09 BFP!! Hidden Content
    Beta 10dp5dt: 239
    Beta 12dp5dt: 586
    We're finally pregnant!! Hidden Content

Registered User LucyInTheSkyWithDiamonds's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

With 48, that's still really low. But this early in the cycle, that's okay.

With continued monitoring, your RE will look for a steady increase. Sometimes, if you're not seeing measurable follies yet, you can tell you'll get some soon because E2 is climbing. I had a really slow long stimming process last month, but you can see how my E2 increased in my cycle history, here:
    http://bodydiariesbylucy.blogspot.co...e-history.html

If the E2 jumps too high too fast, that can be a predictor for OHSS.

HTH! GL!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Mine was in the low 50s until about cd 8, on cd 15 it was 1789 with atleast 5 follies. Both inject cycles it slowly increased then half way it finally took off.
    Missy 27
    Isabella 4/20/02 (20wks)natural surprise
    11/08-Menopur +IUI = BFN
    1/09-Menopur + TI= BFP and then....
    Ava Rose 5/20/09(16wks)
    03/10- Menopur +TI=BFN
    04/10-Menopur+B2B IUI 4/21&4/22

[url=Hidden Content http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/0;1;0;102/st/20100328/o/25/l/28/k/981e/ttc.png"
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

my last injectible cycle, we were watching 9 follies and my E2 was never higher than 325. It stayed lower than 100 for most of the time prior to my IUI and then the day of my IUI it measured 325. (I was on a high dose of repronex for several days) Then on 7dpiui I still had 4 follies really large 30mm+ and e2 was really low.

Thanks

Thanks ladies! I will know more tomorrow AM, when I am going in for a follie scan as well as additional blood work. I wonder why my RE did not increase my dosage of Gonal though, if my E2 was so low. Hmmm....
    Me: 30, no issues
    DH: 33, no issues Hidden Content
    DX: "Unexplained Infertility"
    TTC #1 since 7/07, HSG: all clear
    3 cycles of Gonal F w/IUI, all BFN Hidden Content

IVF #1-May June

6/15/09: 5 day transfer of 2 beautiful blasts
    6/21/09 BFP!! Hidden Content
    Beta 10dp5dt: 239
    Beta 12dp5dt: 586
    We're finally pregnant!! Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The past two cycles, after my first monitoring appt after stimming for five days, my E2 was 75 once, 85 the other time. Neither time did my RE raise my dose, till my next visit, 2/3 days later, when my E2 stalled last month and dropped by 20 to 65 this month.

It frustrated me that they didnt raise my dose right away this cycle, and then my E2 dropped, especially since they knew I stalled at that same point last cycle. But then again, I have sooooooo many nonmeasurable follies, they want to be REALY careful not to overstim. I guess in the scheme of things, waiting 2-3 days to increase the dose isnt a big deal?

Last month, my E2 was as high as 1843!!! But when my LH surged naturally (no need for a trigger shot, based on b/w), I only had 1 mature follicle (just tons of other small nonmeasurable ones, and some between 12-15mm. But that wasn't considered overstimming and I didnt have to cancel the cycle, so I was lucky!

GL to you!

Thanks

I'm on my frist round of Gonal-F and starting Friday, April 10th at 225. I went in this Am for B/W and they called, my E2 is 600. They are decreasing my Gonal to 150 tonight, SD4.

Does this seem to high to anyone?? I'm nervous as I don't want to have OHSS. We are doing IVF and not an injectable round as I'm so afraid of HOM.

Please help.........
    Heather 34 Hidden Content DH 33
    1st IVF BFP! M/C 5/15/09 5w5d ~ FET#1-BFN FET#2-BFN
    Clomid 150 mg-CD5-9 O'd CD30
    Beta#1 13dpo/CD43 120 BFP
    Beautiful Baby girl--9.29.10
    Natural Pregnancy with #2 - Grew angel wings at 6w2d. D&C 8/6/12.
    TTC #2

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Heather--it's high, but not too high yet. You can see my blog for my cycle history, with detailed E2s, but the cycle before last when I O'd successfully, my E2 was over 1800, and I still didnt get OHSS. Since your Dr is reducing your meds, that's good. I bet next visit, you'll have great follie growth! GL!

Thanks

Thanks Lucy for your reply. I go tomorrow for b/w & u/s so we'll see the growth bright & early. I'm really excited because, just like you, I didn't respond at all to Clomid.

I just found out that on CD12 of Clomid my E2 was 58 and my baseline E2 for IVF was 60 so it confirmed that I did not and would probably never have responded to Clomid.

Enjoy your R&R this month!!!!! Hit me up when you start injectables and/or IVF.
    Heather 34 Hidden Content DH 33
    1st IVF BFP! M/C 5/15/09 5w5d ~ FET#1-BFN FET#2-BFN
    Clomid 150 mg-CD5-9 O'd CD30
    Beta#1 13dpo/CD43 120 BFP
    Beautiful Baby girl--9.29.10
    Natural Pregnancy with #2 - Grew angel wings at 6w2d. D&C 8/6/12.
    TTC #2

Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Missyinbama View Post
    Mine was in the low 50s until about cd 8, on cd 15 it was 1789 with atleast 5 follies. Both inject cycles it slowly increased then half way it finally took off.
    I am going through the same thing right now. On CD 13 my E2 was 313 and then by CD15 the E2 was 1155. Did you get your BFP on the cycle when you had the 1789??? My doctor is waiting for my E2 to go down so I can do the IUI. I am hoping I don't get to the point where I have to cancel the cycle. What was your dosage of Menopur because that is what I am taking as well?? Congrats on your miracle!!
    Metformin 1000mg
    Prenatal vitamin

12/01/09-BFP!!!! HCG=150,500 and Prog=33Hidden Content

Thanks

I have only done one injectable/IUI cycle. I think some of us PCOSers are slow to stim. I had to stim for 13 days before I was able to trigger. Below is listed my protocol and results.

Best of luck to you!

06/06/07 - IUI Cycle #1
    CD3 Baseline scan
    Estradoil: 37 (25 - 75)
    FSH:5.5 (3 - 10)
    LH: 2.7 (< 7)
    CD3 - CD6 Follistim @ 150iu

CD7 Scan
    There are 7 to 8 follies from 8 to 10mm. 4 follies on Right and 3 to 4 follies on Left.
    Estradoil: 46.3 (> 100 or 2x CD3 Level)
    Continue on Follistim @ 150iu until CD9 (thurs)

CD9 Scan / Bloodwork
    There are 9 follies present ranging in size from 9 to 13mm.
    E2 = 56
    E2 not nearly high enough. I have known my pre-O temps have been low for awhile and now I know it is due to low LH.
    Adding Menopur 150iu to meds
    CD9 - CD12 Follistim 150iu and Menopur 150iu

CD13 Scan / Bloodwork (June 18)
    8 Follies
    R Ovary - 12,12,12,12,10
    L Ovary - 13, 9, 9
    E2 - 379
    Estradoil has come up a lot but not enough. Will continue on Menopur at 150iu and Follistim is increased to 225iu. Will go back for another scan on Thursday.

CD16 Scan/Bloodwork
    8 Follies
    R Ovary - 19,16,15,15,11
    L Ovary - 20, 15, 13
    E2 - 1309
    Estradoil has come up a lot! Will trigger tonight and IUI Sat. morning.
    TSH: 1.80

CD18 (June 23)
    IUI - 34 Hours after 10,000iu Trigger
    Ovulation had all ready begun.
    Sperm Count: 279 million
    Post Wash: 39 million
    Motility: 91% are smart enough to swim in the right direction.

CD 23 Bloodwork (6dpo)
    P4 = 39.5
    E2 = 642

July 5th Beta: 13dpo, CD30
    BFP!!!!

HCG:194!
    Progesterone: 28
    E2: 520

07/07/07
    Repeat beta
    HCG: 374 (50.1 hour doubling time)
    P4: 40
    E2: 891[/color]

07/16/07 (5weeks 5days)
    Got early u/s due to some severe pain on the right side. There were 3 or 4 (18 to 20mm) cysts on right ovary and one or 2 on left ovary. Took look inside uterus and saw three gestational sacs. Will go back in one week to see if we are having twins or triplets!

07/23/07 (6weeks 5days)
    2nd u/s
    5 gestational sacs were seen. Three of the sacs contained a baby! Could see all the babies heart beating but could only hear one.
    TSH - 3.8
    P4: 43.7
    E2:

07/27/07 (6week 6days)
    Had first high risk OB appointment. They took 20 vials of blood for testing! Got to see babies again. The three are right on tracking (6+4) and looking good so far. The other two sacs were examined closely but nothing was seen. Due date reset to March 15th.
    TSH - 4.1 Dr won't increase my meds. Made appoinment to see someone who hopefully will. TSH has gone up 2.2 points on a little over 30 days.
    All others tests "normal"

Aug 3 (7+6)
    Ultrasound at RE
    Got to see all three babies and hear their heartbeats. They are growing right on track and everything looks great!

Aug 8 (8+4)
    Appointment with regular DR about increasing my meds, especially my thyroid med. I went back to see the DR later and I had been self medicating. I was bad because I told him HE told me to take this much thyroid medicine for awhile and to recheck my numbers.

Aug 17 (9+6)
    Ultrasound at RE

Aug 24 (10+6)
    Ultrasound at Peri
    Horrible visit. The peri was mean and snappy because I was questioning her. Then I had my ultrasound. I was going to get the NT done but a more interesting discovery was made. When I thought I was having triplets but
    it turns out I am having Quads. Yep...that's right. The tech "found" a 4th baby. The baby is in a sac that is only slightly larger than the baby itself which does not bode well for it but it did measure 10w4d while the largest baby measured 11w1d. DH and I are still in shock from the news. The NT test was never done because it was a bit too early, the peri said I was too fat, but more importantly the three larger babies were bouncing around all over the place.

Found a second peri to get a second opinion from and I LOVE her so I have switched DRs. My thyroid was rechecked at this vistit and it was 0.58. I may have over done it a bit...lol. My dose was lowered a bt and I am waiting to see what the new number is.
    Michelle
    Me: 36 DH: 38
    DS: 16
    DD:15
    DD, DS, and DS: 20 mo.
    Hidden Content

PCOS with IR
    Hashimoto's Thyroiditis