Thanks

Red face Greenish/Blue liquid from nipple?

This is gross, I know, but I was wondering if anyone else has or has had this? I have a bluish green liquid that comes out of my right nipple when I squeeze it. It is not a lot, just a drop or so, and then I can not squeeze any more out. I have told my gyno about it, and she ordered me to have a breast ultrasound, which I got, and thank God everything was fine. I did not get told anything about what could be causing it. Also, more recently that same breast itches in the nipple area for a few days and then it stops. Oh, and I can always squeeze this white stuff out of my nipples..looks almost like the white stuff that comes out of a pimple..or dry skin? Blah..what the heck. Anyone else have this?

Thanks

I would go back to your gyno (or some other health professional) and get an explanation. Some women get discharge and (for them) its perfectly normal. But the colour of your discharge would have me worried.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me (28), DH (30)
    Diagnosed Aug 2005.

Symptoms: No periods, obese, excessive hair
    , acne
    Hidden Content
    Food and Nutrition and Economics Teacher
    Tracking calories & exercising - no gimmicks or diets!

Love my gym! Been at it for a year now!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by februarystar View Post
    I would go back to your gyno (or some other health professional) and get an explanation. Some women get discharge and (for them) its perfectly normal. But the colour of your discharge would have me worried.
    It does worry me, and I am going to look for a different gyno I think, so I will see what they have to say about it. Hubby absolutely refuses to touch that nipple! lol

Thanks

Do you ever get spontaneous discharge, like in your bra? When I was in my teens I had that happen, and it was due to a breast abscess (pocket of infection). I was treated with antibiotics and it went away.
    I am: age 41; single, no children Hidden Content
    PCOS w/insulin resistance, obesity, & hypothyroidism
    Glumetza, spironolactone, tirosint, & (generic) cytomel...chromium, flax oil, acidophilus pearls, PB8
    Hidden Content Hello, PCOS? Take a flying leap!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You might also want to read up on prolactin and then if you think it is a good idea - ask your doctor about getting your levels tested.

Thanks

I second the recommendation to get your prolactin levels checked.

In addition, MRI's are becoming the standard of choice for detecting early breast problems (including cancer) in young women, who have more dense tissue in their breasts (this often makes detection on mammograms, etc, more difficult). Not to alarm you, but, most gyno's downplay the possibility of serious breast disease in young women, which means you have to push for an explanation to your symptoms.

Chances are, it is nothing serious.
    However, as a breast cancer survivor (dx age 30---5 years out!!), I cannot urge you enough to follow up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LaBigGirl View Post
    Do you ever get spontaneous discharge, like in your bra? When I was in my teens I had that happen, and it was due to a breast abscess (pocket of infection). I was treated with antibiotics and it went away.
    No, I never get spontaneous discharge. I only get this when I squeeze the nipple. The reason for me squeezing the nipple is because I have little white things in the pores (or ducts, whatever you call them..hehe) of my nipples, so upon trying to get them out, this gunky stuff comes out. Not alot of it, just a drop or so, and then I can't squeeze any more out usually. My Gyno also had me put the crap on a slide so she could test it..but said it looked normal. Sure doesn't seem normal to me. I worry about it constantly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    You might also want to read up on prolactin and then if you think it is a good idea - ask your doctor about getting your levels tested.
    Ok, I will do that. I will google prolactin. Thank you for the suggestion hun.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by By His Mercy View Post
    I second the recommendation to get your prolactin levels checked.

In addition, MRI's are becoming the standard of choice for detecting early breast problems (including cancer) in young women, who have more dense tissue in their breasts (this often makes detection on mammograms, etc, more difficult). Not to alarm you, but, most gyno's downplay the possibility of serious breast disease in young women, which means you have to push for an explanation to your symptoms.

Chances are, it is nothing serious.
    However, as a breast cancer survivor (dx age 30---5 years out!!), I cannot urge you enough to follow up.
    I will talk to my Gyno when I go back. It is really scary. ((((Hugs to you)))))) My Grandmother is also a Breast Cancer survivor. She had a mastectomy about 4 years ago.

Thanks

Well, I don't know about the greenish-blue liquid. That is really concerning to me, and I think you should get a second opinion. It sounds like some sort of an infection.

As for the white discharge, I don't get that out of my actual nipple, but I get it out of all the little goosebumps all over my breasts. It is thick, like cheese. There is one little spot right outside my areola that I can squeeze any day, any time and get a small chunk of that white cheese (sorry to be gross)- it never fails. The underside of my breasts are especially prone to breakouts and "cheese" just because it is hot and unventilated. I wish I had perky ones that lifted up off my torso, but unfortunately my breasts are built just like my aunts' on my dad's side of the family.
    Hidden Content November 2010
    Hidden Content
    Due July 2015

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meggowiggle View Post
    Well, I don't know about the greenish-blue liquid. That is really concerning to me, and I think you should get a second opinion. It sounds like some sort of an infection.

As for the white discharge, I don't get that out of my actual nipple, but I get it out of all the little goosebumps all over my breasts. It is thick, like cheese. There is one little spot right outside my areola that I can squeeze any day, any time and get a small chunk of that white cheese (sorry to be gross)- it never fails. The underside of my breasts are especially prone to breakouts and "cheese" just because it is hot and unventilated. I wish I had perky ones that lifted up off my torso, but unfortunately my breasts are built just like my aunts' on my dad's side of the family.
    I know..I definitely need to get a second opinion. It's really scary, and it is actually bluish green in color. Very odd to say the least. Yeah, the stuff that I can squeeze out of my nipples is white and a cheesy consistency! I wonder what it is? I thought maybe like milk at first, being as my hormones are all out of whack, but I dunno what it is.

Noah and Keltie's mum!! deb_e_deb26's Avatar
    Thanks

If you google blue/green discharge from breast you actually get a fair amount up on it...

Some sounds like it can be normal and caused from anti-D's and other medications, but some stories are also saying cancer (not trying to scare you)..so I think its definately a good idea to get a 2nd and even a 3rd opinion..it definately cant hurt!!

All the best hun
    Debbie(35) Patrick(31)
    Boy/girl twins born March 10th 2006.
    Noah Patrick 6lb 6ozs
    Keltie Rose 4lb 10ozs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deb_e_deb26 View Post
    If you google blue/green discharge from breast you actually get a fair amount up on it...

Some sounds like it can be normal and caused from anti-D's and other medications, but some stories are also saying cancer (not trying to scare you)..so I think its definately a good idea to get a 2nd and even a 3rd opinion..it definately cant hurt!!

All the best hun
    Thank you! I'm going to look around for a different Dr. and see what I can get done.
    Aimee 29~DH 29 Married 5/20/00Hidden Content
    DX- September 2004

Current Meds
    Paxil 20 MG Daily
    Prenatal once a day
    Biotin once a day
    Cut out all sodas and sweet's, drinking lots of water.

Thanks

I have never had this problem... but I had a friend who did. She went to the bathroom and found that greenish blue discharge from her nipples. she got really freaked out! And went to the dr. but it was just a begigin (sp?) cyst. Alot of women on bcp can get cysts in their breats also.
    Good luck!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by studyqt View Post
    I have never had this problem... but I had a friend who did. She went to the bathroom and found that greenish blue discharge from her nipples. she got really freaked out! And went to the dr. but it was just a begigin (sp?) cyst. Alot of women on bcp can get cysts in their breats also.
    Good luck!
    I'm glad that your friend is ok. Thank you for your reply!
    Aimee 29~DH 29 Married 5/20/00Hidden Content
    DX- September 2004

Current Meds
    Paxil 20 MG Daily
    Prenatal once a day
    Biotin once a day
    Cut out all sodas and sweet's, drinking lots of water.