Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Feels like baby kicking but not pregnant...

What can cause the feeling in your lower belly and also in different areas of belly that feels just like I imagine a baby kicking would...

So what can it be? Anyone had that and found out why?

Thanks

Noone? Really.. LOL

Hm maybe I should explain better.
    In different areas I feel fluttery feelings and sometimes it actually feels like a kick. Also sometimes a tightening feeling. Been happening for a few weeks. Mult times a day.

Thanks

I had some of the lower uterine area flutterings this past month...but I noticed that I got them on the days I wore my tighter jeans, so I think its just spasms from my gut being "sucked in".... in my case.

Thanks

could you be ovulating?

I eated the whole thing? Anonykat's Avatar
    Thanks

Muscle spasms. I have that feeling sometimes not only in my stomach, but in my butt, legs, and back!
    DS1 and DD - 2006
    DS2 - brand new!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

OMG I get those. I had a baby back in June of 08 and before that I felt it after I had my son in Sept of 06. I kinda hate it because even though I know I am not pregnant I am like "woah what was that?". I think Anonykat is right, muscle spasms. Have you had a baby recently? I think mine may be from my muscles trying to go back to normal? They say it can take a year for your body to get back to normal after you have a baby. If you haven't it could just be regular muscle spasms or like another poster said, ovulation? Some women do feel when they ovulate.
    Deanna ~ 29 ~ Dx. PCOS 1999
    Lap. Hysterectomy Dec. 2009

Registered User blackberries225's Avatar
    Thanks

This might sound crude but gas maybe??? That's the only time it happens to me is gas and other functions... It's crazy because I know I'm not pregnant, never been pregnant but it feels like movement.

Thanks

I guess it could be gas. Not sure though.

I have never had a baby though.
    Its just such a weird feeling. I have never had it before so it freaked me out.

Thanks

I had this after I delivered my twins via c-section. It actually came and went for the first couple of years. They are 4 now and I havent felt it in a long time. But it did feel like a baby kicking slightly or a fluttering around. I always thought it was tiny muscle spasms.
    Me 32/DH 34
    BCP & Spiro

Hidden Content

Thanks

My guess is gas. It wasn't until after I was pregnant that I realized how similar a baby kicking (early on) and gas can be.
    Dominici was born May 2006!
    Hidden Content

Miracle Baby Boy Rivelino, born too early to live on October 6, 2004 at 24 weeks and 6 days. Never to be forgotten, always to be remembered, forever my source of inspiration.

Thanks

I've had those fluttery feelings before too. Never did figure out what it was.

I've never been pregnant (that I know of...) and it didn't feel like gas. I stay bloated off & on all the time, which is rather irritating in/of itself; when I get gas, it is really uncomfortable because it comes with either constipation or diarrhea (IBS).

It would be nice to think that the fluttering is ovulation. I don't think that I'd truly every ovulated until the past year or so because I'd never had breast tenderness or cramping in my actual uterus (not ovaries) until then. So, if fluttering = ovulation, I welcome it...even if it does feel really, really weird when it happens.

Thanks

VivC, Dominici is a knock-out!

Bless you for re-membering Revelino on your blogs. It is an excellent way to both pay honor to his memory AND keep his presence present. One of the best eulogies I'd ever heard was at a co-worker's service last year. Her pastor advised the family (and even us) to re-member her by using her name, picture, and/or story on everyday things - like e-mail addresses, urls, honorariums, etc. He said that that he uses his preemie baby's name & date as his e-mail address and signature everyday because it re-members her every time he does.

Again, bless you. As an infertile PCOSer, I believe that it is better to have had the time & love you'd shared with him than to never have had the experience at all. Mourning someone I could not have almost drove me to the brink of insanity a couple of times a while back. I'm glad that you had both of your miracles. Thanks for sharing

Thanks

I used to get it occassionally before I got pg but thought it was muscle spasms. Then I became pg and realized it felt exactly like a kicking baby. After the pregnancy, I was told it was my uterus shrinking back to normal. But, I still have the flutters at least once a day. Drives me nuts! And my baby is going to be a year old next month.

Thanks

Talking Spasms in Uterus for One Week...

My husband and I are trying to conceive - have been trying for about three weeks so really not that long. I have been feeling this fluttery/spasm feeling in my uterus as well for a week. At first I thought it was gas, but I'm not gas-y...it's a strange new feeling. I took a pregnancy test out of paranoia and nothing new - negative. I take Metformin - anyone take that too? I wake up at night with them and I feel it all through out the day...

I've been reading and it seems that people get them when their uterus is contracting or changing in some way - could this be a sign of conception? I know I'm holding on to hope but I was just checking with everyone else...

Thanks

Thanks

Hopefully it is a good sign. Just as a warning though, when I came of BCP I had a lot of strange symptoms that seemed like pregnancy (dark aerolas, sore breasts, strange cramps). It is hard not to get your hopes up and each week seems excrutiatingly long when waiting to take a pregnancy test. For me it has been 5 weeks and a few days ago I got a spotty brown bleed with some clots. Wheter a period (never had one like that before), miscarriage or implantation bleeding it was dissapointing because it is hard to know what is going on. Hormones are tricky. I still hold a small hope it was/is pregnancy but I think realistically I know better.

Once you start looking for signs of ovulation and pregnancy it is hard to stop and relax! Anyway I hope you are blessed with a baby without much intervention and hassle. It happens.

Anyway I think good thoughts and happy moods will only help the situation -especially if it really is a tiny blatocyst!