Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Default drinking a cup of hot water in the morning

Hello. Most of my weight in in my midsection. I feel bloated most the time and look pregnant. I battle constipation a lot too. Well I'm on vacation and decided to start dieting, well eating better. I started a few exercised and cut down on my portions. Well I started drinking a cup or two of hot water(as hot as you can handle but dont burn or hurt yourself). This helps clean out your stomach and you'll have a bowel movement. During my moms fight with cancer the meds would constipate her and this was recommend by the radiologist. I also read this in an article posted In the Dr. Gott section. This has really started helping me. I didnt even think it would work because i didnt have the usual symptoms of my constipation.

Mon. The 1st day i barely went weight 199 lbs
    Tues. 2nd day 198 lbs i went much easier
    Wed 3rd day went twice within 1hr and 20 min feeling better 197lbs

anyone else try this? I drink 1-2 cups of hot water . How many should i be drinking????Any tips or advice?

Thanks

Wow I have never heard of this, I am interested in others responses as well.
    Milly 31/ DH 32
    married for 8 years
    1st Round Femara BFP 11/6/09
    DD Born 6/26/10

Thanks

Hopefully others respond. This isnt a diet but thought its a good way to cleanout your system.
    I know if i'm eating healthier and exercising hopefully my tummy will go down a bit

Thanks

heres an article, interesting ...i also had my gallbladder out. I know we can hold a few pound of waste in our intestines, hopefully this will help me lose a few pounds once the exercising kicks in

hhttp://www.stthomastimesjournal.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1273363eres and article

anyone drink green tea for weight loss?

Thanks

The fact that it is hot is probably not so much of a factor considering that your body would have cooled it to your body temperature by the time it reaches that far down.

I think it has more to do with the fact that you're drinking water, which is helping to push out and soften the fecal matter in your intestines.

Both hubby and I have a 16 ounce glass of cold water in the morning and a BM within 15 minutes.
    Symptoms: Obesity, Hirsutism, Hair Loss, Irregular Menstruation, Insulin Resistance, Hypothyroidism, Acid Reflux, Acanthosis Nigricans

Daily Medications/Vitamins: 500 mg Flutamide, 137 mcg Synthroid, 1000 mg Metformin, Apri (BCPs),
    40 mg Omaprezole, 300 mg Ranitidine, .5 mg Enapril, Zyrtec, Women's Ultramega Multivitamin

Weight Stats: Original: 230, Current: 209, Short/Long Term Goals: 200/130
    Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Interesting! I think I am more inclined to eat healthy and not overeat when things are moving along the way they ought to - lower GI-wise. Does anyone else find that to true for them as well.

-- My theory is that when things aren't as they are supposed to be (moving along-wise) that there is a certain level of discomfort involved - and I may not be real good at discerning what kind of discomfort mean what - so the "go to" solution is often just to eat more (I know that's bad) - for any kind of stomach or GI complaint.

Loving being a mommy! kirvygerl's Avatar
    Thanks

I was actually told by my PCP to drink a cup of hot water (cooled enough to drink) mixed with the juice of 1/2 large lemon first thing in the morning, 1/2 hr before eating anything when I was having bouts of bloating. It tastes vile, but it really did help with the bloating issues. I still do it when I'm having problems in that area.

Registered User MoonStarFalling's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes I think it's widely recommended to drink hot lemon water first thing in the morning. I've read that in many books. I've been doing it and I believe it's caused me to loose weight rapidly.
    Raw Food!
    Hidden Content
    DS 7 years old
    Breastfeeding DD for 2 years!

wife~mom~teacher~friend IFBPreachersWife's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kirvygerl View Post
    I was actually told by my PCP to drink a cup of hot water (cooled enough to drink) mixed with the juice of 1/2 large lemon first thing in the morning, 1/2 hr before eating anything when I was having bouts of bloating. It tastes vile, but it really did help with the bloating issues. I still do it when I'm having problems in that area.
    I was going to say the same thing. I have a friend that has done this every morning for as long as I can remember. I'm glad you brought this up because I'm having 'issues' today and was wondering if I should drink some metamucil or what? Will try the hot lemon water first!
    Hidden Content

Femara 5mg:
    Sept. 09 - BFN
    Oct. 09 -

Hidden Content
    I'm not a pessimist. I'm an optimist with experience Hidden Content

Thanks

I drink the hot lemon water in the morning, and have found it definitely helps me with bloating issues.

Thanks

THIS says it was moved???? i'm lost? hopefully i can post this

Well today i didnt drink the hot water and no bowel movement. I feel constipated too. I had coffee with a sausage egg mcMuffin. I thought the hot coffee would work but it didnt.

Lemon and hot water i read helps clean out you blood system or something like that.

Thanks

The saleslady at Whole Foods told me to start drinking a cup of hot herbal tea with a squeeze of lemon in the mornings, soon after I wake up. She and I were talking about the infrequency of bowel movements common to our "A" blood types, and she said it is essential to put liquids in your belly soon after waking. She said it wakes up the stomach acids and encourages movement in the gut.

Thanks

well for the last 2 days i skipped the hot water and boy did i notice a difference uugh! I think i will buy some green tea. Do you think just water and lemon or green or green tea and lemon??? Has anyone noticed it helps their belly go down

Thanks

Wow, this is something I'm going to try now. I've read in several mags. that drinking ice cold water helps you burn calories b/c your body has to warm it up...IDK. Maybe I'll try hot lemon water, or hot tea in the morning then ice cold the rest of the day and see what happens.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

wow I have never heard of this before. I drink hot tea with lemon all the time, I wonder if it will help for me to drink it in the morning?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    “There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly.” Hidden Content ~ R.B. Fuller

My blog, beauty product and recipe reviews

Hidden Content