Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ange23 View Post
    ok I changed my thesis statement (again) to: PCOS may sound like an innocent enough disease, and many people have probably never even heard of it, yet it is the leading cause of infertility in the United States, it has no cure, and can affect all aspects of a women's health for the rest of her life.

Question-how has PCOS affected your health and/or your daily life?
    Not sure how factual your thesis needs to be for example is PCOS really the leading cause of infertility in the U.S?

i have often read that PID is the most common cause of female infertilty and while PCOS is a form of ovulation disorder, there are many other causes.

http://womens-health.health-cares.ne...ity-causes.php
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

For I know the plans I have for you, says the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jer 29:11
    Me-32, DH-33

Zara -
    Sept 2009, 7lb 4oz, 21in
    Zac - Aug 2011, 7lb 2oz, 20in

Thanks

Well my first thought is its made me fat, ugly, grow facial hair, made my hair fall out, kept me from having a baby, made me unable to be happy for friends and family who get preggo. All around at first glance its made my life hell.

Then, I stop, and take a deep breath. And I think maybe, just maybe, having PCOS, has made me a, stronger women, because I know I can over come this, and anything else that comes my way! I know when I have my own child I will be soo thankful to God I'll forget the 5+ years of trying.I know that PCOS has made me a better wife, friend,and person. I have a better understanding of my body thanks to PCOS.

In short, I have come to be thankful for everything in my life, my great husband, my wonderful stepkiddos, my family who is all ways there for me. And for PCOS... PCOS, will not rule me, I will rule it.
    Lici(me)28yrs,Bill(DH)32Hidden Content
    Lil Bill 12
    Micah 10
    Colin 8
    First bfp ended on mothers day of 2008
    The best Christmas gift ever.second ever bfp Dec 23 2011
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Therein lies one of the controversies surrounding PCOS...much of the research I've read state that the statistics are misleading since so many women don't know they have it or aren't being treated for it. Many doctors think that there is actually a much higher number of women who have PCOS, than have been reported. Part of my paper will be the debate between whether or not this is true. My thesis is opinion based, and the paper and research will have to support my thesis.
    Me-24 DB-29
    Going through Divorce

5 m/c's
    Prenatals
    Soy 80mg 02/09 cd 3-7 BFN
    Soy 120mg 03/09 cd 1-5 (chemical pg)
    04/09 trying natural BFN
    05/09 trying natural BFN
    Soy 160mg 06/09 cd 1-5 & Preseed
    10/16/09-BFP!!! -lost this one on Thanksgiving Hidden Content
    01/10 trying natural BFN
    02/10 trying w/4mg Folic Acid

Thanks

The hardest part of PCOS for me, which I've been struggling with since adolescence, is feeling very un-feminine with my problems with acne and facial hair. It's frustrating to still have acne in my 30s.

Registered User LucyInTheSkyWithDiamonds's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ange23 View Post
    ok I changed my thesis statement (again) to: PCOS may sound like an innocent enough disease, and many people have probably never even heard of it, yet it is the leading cause of infertility in the United States, it has no cure, and can affect all aspects of a women's health for the rest of her life.
    Hi Ange. As a former English teacher, at the HS and college level, I can't help myself, so I hope this is helpful.

This statement above is appropriate for an introductory paragraph, but it isn't quite a thesis yet. If this is a persuasive paper, your thesis statement should clearly state what you are trying to argue, or persuade, as well as the 3 (or so) reasons why you are arguing that.

If you are still arguing that women need to proactive in their health care, then that needs to be incorporated into that statement above, and then you'll want to succinctly identify the reasons why women need to do this. Then each of these reasons will be examined in full in your essay.

HTH!

Thanks

Lucyinthesky-heheh thanks. That ended up not being my thesis statement anyway but thanks for the tutorial.
    I turned it in along with a full-sentence outline (hate those) and got full points so yay! I incorporated both the thesis ideas I put on previous posts into one.

Again-thanks you ladies so much for taking the time to respond to this. It will be a huge help with my final paper!!
    Me-24 DB-29
    Going through Divorce

5 m/c's
    Prenatals
    Soy 80mg 02/09 cd 3-7 BFN
    Soy 120mg 03/09 cd 1-5 (chemical pg)
    04/09 trying natural BFN
    05/09 trying natural BFN
    Soy 160mg 06/09 cd 1-5 & Preseed
    10/16/09-BFP!!! -lost this one on Thanksgiving Hidden Content
    01/10 trying natural BFN
    02/10 trying w/4mg Folic Acid

Thanks

how has PCOS changed my life? Well I can honestly say i have learned to cook in such a way as to balance my diet more. By finding ways to incorporate more veggies into my diet and try veggies I never would have tried when I was younger. I have "discovered" what foods I don't like and why I don't like them, but also how to prepare them in such a way that I would like them. For instance, I have never liked onions, raw or otherwise when I was younger. As an adult I like the flavor of them, but not the texture. I learned that if you cook them long enough, they are soft instead of firm and still full of flavor. Also if you mince them to put into a recipe you get the flavor as well as the fiber, but again no texture. I also found that as a child I hated spinach. I was only ever served cooked chopped spinach with oil and garlic. As I got older I realized that spinach prepared that way was gross (as my mother would often overdo the oil), but in its raw state, is quite good in a salad or on a sandwich. I will also make quiches with spinach or some other appetizer with spinach and cheese which is wonderful, but not the heavy, slimy, taste/texture I grew up on.

I'm most mad about the fact that when I was growing up, my doctors did not know about PCOS and all the weight I gained in my early 20's along with the acne, facial hair, and dark skin patches, was not recognized as PCOS. All my dr's ever said was "just lose the weight." Never gave me any information on how, never gave me info on exercising more. My mother's favorite diet has always been the starvation one. "Just a piece of fruit and 1/2 a sandwich should suffice at lunch time" - what a crock. And now when I try to explain to her that this mentality is the wrong diet for me, she just turns a deaf ear. She even went on Nutri-system at one point and told the instructor that the diet was making her eat more than what she normally eats. (Surprise) when she stopped Nutri-system and went back to her "normal" eating, she gained weight. My point is that women should help their children more with eating right and trying new recipes and technics in cooking to get their kids to eat right. and the variety is key to that as well.

I'm now 38 (turning 39 at the end of this month) and still overweight, struggling with getting on an exercise routine, TTC with injections when I have the money, trying to balance my diet as well as my DH (who is a diabetic) and trying to accept myself with this condition. Not to mention trying to educate everyone I know about this horrible disease.

If you would like to interview me further, I would be happy to help. hope that helps somewhat.