Thanks

Default PCOS friendly Ob/Gyn in Edmonton????

Anyone know of a good Ob in Edmonton that understands Pcos and is personable. Right now I see Dr. Mayo (HYs centre) and feel really frustrated. He doesn't answer my questions...actually sometimes doesn't even acknowledge them. I am waiting to get in to the royal alex fertility clinic but have been told it will take 11 months.

I am waiting for af to start clomid for the first time.

Thanks
    Me: 34 Husband:32
    Officially diagnosed PCOS 2008
    May/2006 Baby #1Hidden Content DS
    TTC#2 since March/08
    March/April 09 Clomid 50mg CD3-7 (O CD 34!) BFN.
    May/09 Clomid 50mg CD3-7 (O'd CD18) BFN.
    June/09 HSG (Clear!).
    June/09 Clomid 50mg CD3-7 (O CD 26) ( IUI) BFN.
    July/09 Clomid 50mg CD3-7 (O Cd23) (TI).

Thanks

You can try Dr. Tataryn she is also at the Hys. it was a bit of a wait to see her but I didn't have to wait to be transfered to the Royal because she works there.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Talking I'm in Edmonton too.

Hi there, I saw that both of you are in Edmonton. What is HY? Also I work out of town a lot so it's hard to keep a doctors appointment, because it's always months down the road. Know of anyone who is easy to get an appointment with in the city? Hopefully female? Even if it's just for regular check ups, like birth control pill refills and such? I've been here a year and still no doctor, just use the clinics for perscription refills.

Registered User sapphire_lillies's Avatar
    Thanks

Default OB-Gyn in Edmonton

I am in Edmonton and FINALLY found a great Ob-G that deals with PCOS. Her name is Amanda Kim and she works out of the Meadowlark clinic. I got my family dr to refer me, and she has been awesome. I also finally got into the Fertility Clinic at the Royal Alex and Dr. Motan is excellent. He really knows his stuff and is super compassionate.

Dr. Kim is an amazing lady and really friendly, and listens to you.

I used to see Dr. Mayo and Dr. Wong at Hys Center, and it was awful. Neither listen to you or really try to help. I don't think either of them understand PCOS very well. Dr. Kim is fairly young, and it takes awhile to get appointments with her.

Be patient, I waited over a year to even get an appointment with Royal Alex fertility clinic.

Thanks

Default another edmontonian :)

I have just started seeing Dr Halleran (OB). She is a great Dr who takes her time to listen to you and answer your questions even though she is very busy. She takes PCOS seriously even for me who is one of the thin cysters. Many Dr's told me that it is not possible, I have PCOS because I am not overweight (actually I am underweight) ....

She is very friendly and understanding. But it is not easy to get an appointment with her. I had to wait 2 months to see her even though I was pregnant. Unfortunately I lost the baby, so now she is helping me to get pregnant again.

Thanks

I'm surprised to hear this I have been with Doctor Mayo since I found out I had PCOS. Yes he is forgetful, he forgot to tell me I had PCOS, but he is great in the long run. but you do need to re-ask your questions sometimes. I would suggest with him to know he will be running late. the more relaxed you are, and aceppting of a wait the friendlier he and his staff are. And really one is waiting because he is giving another woman the same treatment, being there at the birth of her child as you want.
    I no about the wait for the clinic, they finally called me 50 days before I was to have my youngest! Dr. Mayo even was very concern when I meantion durning an appointment that my 5 year old was have reppeted blatter infections. He has been with me for two of my three c-section.

but with him I did get pregnant three time, however I did miscarry once.

Hang in there IT will happen.