Thanks

Default Can Vitex induce hair loss ?

Hi everyone! I have been diagnosed with PCOD since I was 13 I have tried all allopathic remedies but no one worked. I have tried homeopathy but for some reason all new remedies work only for a month and they don't work next month. I would now like to try herbal. My main issues are irregular, scanty menses, hypoglycemia, and hair loss. I have almost bald forehead and homeopathy aggravated this problem. I think saw palmetto is the best option to take for hair loss. I wanted to combine it with vitex to regulate my periods but I found out that vitex can actually cause hair loss by progesterone activity.

More common side effects include mild digestive upset or skin rash. Other side effects may include rapid heartbeat, hair loss, headache, dry mouth, nausea, rash, itching and bleeding between periods.

Does anyone have an experience of hair loss with vitex? Does the hair loss get worse or better?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Losing hair is sometimes caused by hormone changes in the body. It has always went away for me, and my hair started growing back. Vitex is supposed to get your hormones leveled out, so if your hormones change while the vitex is working, you may temporarily lose more hair for a little while, then it should go away. The SuperMom or NOW special two vitamins really help to make hair grow back thick and beautiful. That is what I am taking. It will minimize any hair loss problems you have and make your hair grow back. Strongly recomend it for this!!!!!!!

Here are links to these vitamins...THey are all the same thing, just different labels, and tablets/capsules. Read the reviews, they are pretty good. I take 4 capsules per day.

http://www.beeyoutiful.com/super-mom.html

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=787&at=0

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=789&at=0

I did experience some hair loss when I started taking vitex, but like I said , those vitamins really make a difference in minimizing it and making my hair grow back. I want my hormones to change so I can ovulate and have periods!
    Losing wieght down to a healthy weight by counting bites
    Hidden Content
    my wieght loss vlog
    Hidden Content

Reached my goal weight in 18 weeks!!! Went from 218.2 lbs to 149.8 lbs!! 68.4 lbs lost! Click on link above and feel free to ask me any questions about counting bites ect for weight loss!

Thanks

Thank you so much herbsgirl. I am confused about one thing. The hair fall is due to high androgens, so how can a multivitamin stop that? Were you having excessive hair loss before you started vitex and supermom or did it start after vitex? Have you tried any other multivitamin? How dies it differ from others?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The hair loss started after Vitex, and yes, I have tried another multivitamin before and while I was pregnant. This one really does help hair loss! I am not losing as much now, thats what works for me

The reason the SuperMom differs from alot of other multivitamins is because it contains green Superfoods like Spirulina, ect that make the vitamins more bioavailable to your body
    Hidden Content
    my wieght loss vlog
    Hidden Content

Reached my goal weight in 18 weeks!!! Went from 218.2 lbs to 149.8 lbs!! 68.4 lbs lost! Click on link above and feel free to ask me any questions about counting bites ect for weight loss!

Thanks

Thank you so much herbsgirl. You have given me some very valuable suggestions. I have bought the vitamin which contains a lot of ingredients same as supermom (Now EVE). I could not find supermom locally. Now (EVE) also contains a small amount of vitex and some other herbal ingredients. It should work good. I will keep you updated with the progress. Tell me something. Have you tried saw palmetto for hair loss?? I am thinking of combining Now multivitamin with Saw palmetto.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

No, I have not tried Saw Palmetto, I have heard of it. My hair loss has slowed down, not really losing alot right now. Hopefully the Eve works for you.
    Hidden Content
    my wieght loss vlog
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Dear herbsgirl,

Thanks for your reply. I really hope it works to stop my hair fall. tell me how many days after you started supermom, did you start seeing improvements? When did the hair stop to fall? Did the hair re grow as well? If yes, how long does it take to see the results? I would like to get my hair back in the blink of an eye((((

Do you know which multivitamin is best for men? My husband is over weight and feels tired usually. I am thinking will superdad or now (for men) be a good option for him? Now for men contains saw palmetto and I think there might be some negative side effects of that .

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I was taking the Vitamin already before Vitex, so its hard to say how long it will take for you. You might notice it within a few months that your hair is starting to grow back in thicker?

On the SuperMom website (Beeyoutiful) it states the following....

"One 16-year-old girl mystified her doctor because her long, thick blond hair was falling out in handfuls. Medical tests failed to show any obvious problems, so the doctor had no solution to recommend. After trying SuperMom for a few weeks, though, hundreds of tiny hairs started to re-grow, and now—a faithful consumer of SuperMom—she again has a headful of thick hair."

It says a few weeks, but I would give it a month or two--dont give up on it too soon. Vitamins take time to build up in your body

As for SuperDad, you can get the Now version of that too, called NOW Eco-Green Multi

heres the link....
    http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=559

My husband was taking these, and I thought they were good.......
    http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=1880&at=0
    Hidden Content
    my wieght loss vlog
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Dear herbsgirl, thank you so much for your suggestions and encouragement. I can already feel just after 2 days that my hair loss has reduced. My hair were falling a lot after the homeopathic medicine. The hair fall has reduced. My insomnia is better. I will start a new thread so that more people can try it out.

Thanks

Dear herbsgirl, I started taking multivitamin. They have definitely improved my stamina and help me sleep better. But hair have started to fall enormously. I am getting bald. I have seen a general physician. She said that she thinks it is contact dermatitis. The symptoms that I have are 1. hair loss, 2. itching in scalp 3. greasy , oily hair. recently itching started on whole body. She has referred me to a dermatologist. But I think she is right. I have allergic dermatitis. There is no point in having itching with PCOS. Please tell me if you know of anything which can help this contact dermatitis. Do you know of any mild shampoo which can be used? My doctor recommended mildest shampoo i.e. johnson's baby shampoo but I found another herbal shampoo which should be more mild. Its name is himalaya herbal shampoo.
    http://www.matchless-gifts.com/store...y-Shampoo.html

Which one should I use? Do you have any suggetion for dermatitis?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Shalo, That is not good about your hair

I have never heard of it before. I dont have good suggestions for you, except maybe do some research on it and find out what you can do for yourself naturaly and see what the dermatoligist says. I have psoriasis, and it is an itchy problem with scales. I have steriod cream for it, sometimes there are not alot of easy natural remedie for some things.

Hopefully it will go away soon, and the dermatologist will help you. It does not sound fun at all.

The shampoo looks like it would be very mild and natural.
    Hidden Content
    my wieght loss vlog
    Hidden Content

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shalo View Post
    Dear herbsgirl, I started taking multivitamin. They have definitely improved my stamina and help me sleep better. But hair have started to fall enormously. I am getting bald. I have seen a general physician. She said that she thinks it is contact dermatitis. The symptoms that I have are 1. hair loss, 2. itching in scalp 3. greasy , oily hair. recently itching started on whole body. She has referred me to a dermatologist. But I think she is right. I have allergic dermatitis. There is no point in having itching with PCOS. Please tell me if you know of anything which can help this contact dermatitis. Do you know of any mild shampoo which can be used? My doctor recommended mildest shampoo i.e. johnson's baby shampoo but I found another herbal shampoo which should be more mild. Its name is himalaya herbal shampoo.
    http://www.matchless-gifts.com/store...y-Shampoo.html

Which one should I use? Do you have any suggetion for dermatitis?
    Personally - I find Johnson's to be drying as hell. The classic stuff, at least.

I don't know if this would help with dermatitis but there is a shampoo called Nizoral - it is a dandruff shampoo with an ingredient found to help hair loss. It probably won't hurt. It's a little price - $14 a bottle or so , that may be the biggest downside.

Personally I have never found a natural shampoo that didn't leave my hair looking greasy, dirty, and limp. They tend to smell so good... but the results tend to be yuck.
    "Laugh about it, shout about it, when you've got to choose -
    Every way you look at it, you lose."
    - Simon & Garfunkel

Thanks

Exclamation Yep

i took it also ....only for two weeks and boy...my hair was shedding A LOT. i stopped takin it immediately.