Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Does anyone get rid of the "PCOS belly"

Hi Ladies,

It seems like even when people are loosing weight, or people who are not overweight, many of us still are stubbornly holding on to that belly (myself included).

Is there any way to get rid of it??? I really hate having a belly that outstrips my (very small) boobs.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ninashope View Post
    Is there any way to get rid of it???
    Don't just 'lose weight'. Train in a way that controls your IR. That will help a lot.

Thanks

Just losing weight does not cut it. You will have to lose in a certain way by using diet and exercise. I have lost weight the wrong way, which leaves me with scrawny arms and legs, no butt, and a flubby tummy. I have also lost it the right way with exercise, weight training and a higher protein diet. the right way left me much more proportioned. It was not a drastic difference. I did not suddenly have a sculpted waist or anything. But helping the IR does help your body move closer to that better waist-hip ratio. You won't see a new body type emerge, but you can try and get your body close to it's ideal.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well said, Steph!

Chance is Here!! SunnyInSeattle1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

My big stomach has gone down a bit. I am hoping to get a tummy tuck after I lose all my weight.
    Sunny (39) & Scott (41)
    DS # 1 Clomid 50mg: BFP 3/24/10, born 11/28/10
    Meds: Met 1000mg, prenatal vits, colace, singular, b-12

TTC # 2 Aug/Sept. Clomid 50mg, cd 5-9, No O.
    Sept/Oct. Clomid 50mg, cd 3-7, O, BFN.
    Oct/Nov. Clomid 100mg, cd 3-7, O, BFN
    Nov/Dec. Clomid 100mg, cd 3-7, Dont know if I O'd, was drugged up
    Dec/Jan. Natural , cd 3-7, ??? Break
    Jan/Feb 2012 ????

Hidden Content

Thanks

My tummy went down as I lost more and more weight....but its still thicker than my hips! Also, less carbs+TONS of water makes my belly feel and look the flattest!!

Thanks

I've noticed some results in strengthening my abdominal muscles by doing crunches and a a little weight training. It doesn't fix it right away, but after a while you definately see your belly starting to firm up.

Also, avoiding carbs has helped it go down too. Good luck with your weight loss!

Fletcher's Mommy! JoyannaWants2BaMommy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

i am big all over but most of it is in the front, my gut! I would be happy if it went down some more, low carb does help, but i lose a few lbs, then spring around that # for months. Like a seesaw! I exercise and diet but bellys run in my family, mine will never be flat! Taking a fish oil supplement seems to help me sometimes though eating fish did not. crazy!

Thanks

Don't want to be discouraging, but I have had a flat belly once. It was when I was training to run a half marathon. I was running 16-20 miles a week. And I weighed 140 lbs (I'm 5'5") That's the only time. Other than that, I'm the no hips, skinny arms, flabby belly girl.

So it is possible, and honestly I was running with friends and it was really fun. But I don't have the support for that much running now & the 2 miles twice a week I'm currently doing isn't enough to get rid of the tummy. But I have big boobs so the belly never takes over (except when I'm pregnant, of course.)

Thanks

I got rid of mine. It basically took what Kat said and Steph exanded on... I trained to control my insulin response. I did a combination of weight training and interval cardio (I started with Body for Life but there are lots of programs out there that work) and ate nutritious food in a way that controlled my blood sugar. I also made sure I got adequate rest on a consistent sleep schedule. Ta da. No more belly. Even better, no more PCOS symptoms.

Thanks

It really just depends on your body. When I was at my peak of fitness (35 lbs ago I was my own body's ideal, except the big PCOS belly. All the weight in my face, legs, arms, and even above my belly (the double belly you'll hear Cysters talk about) gone, but not my stomach. When I do lose weight, it does disappear from around my waist (that double belly above my stomach), but not from my stomach itself, which is here to stay.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheBumbler View Post
    I got rid of mine. It basically took what Kat said and Steph exanded on... I trained to control my insulin response. I did a combination of weight training and interval cardio (I started with Body for Life but there are lots of programs out there that work) and ate nutritious food in a way that controlled my blood sugar. I also made sure I got adequate rest on a consistent sleep schedule. Ta da. No more belly. Even better, no more PCOS symptoms.
    Ditto that again!!

The key is to train to control your IR. Don't just try to 'lose weight'.

What many of us have/had is really an "IR Belly" not a "PCOS Belly". See this article>> http://www.soulcysters.net/excess-fa...-ir-ci-202405/

Thanks

Work on those core muscle groups as the "belly" effect is also to do with posture (ie the belly pulls your back forward more so it appears somewhat enhanced)

Try standing up straight with your hands on your hips, now tilt your pelvis forward and your bum down - see a difference? If so you really need to work (among all the others) your core - I have to do this, my core is soooo bad after years of slouching and bad posture.

The difference you see is how your pelvis should stand when you have good core muscles which of course come - as Kat and Bumbler said, through an low GI diet and good strength training :O)

Please note: Please take this with a grain of salt as I am no qualified professional, this is something I have learned from my university classes on posture. Thanks!
    DXD 1998
    On Dianette 1998 - March 2008 - now drug free!

1 partner - been together 4 years
    1 daughter born 6 weeks early, tiny but perfect! Hidden Content

3 furbabies - ollie, casper and bailey

Thanks

I'm currently losing weight right now. I had a PCOS belly that made people ask if I was pregnant all the time, in the most awkward of places (i.e. formal events, parties, etc).

So I went from 184 to 170 pounds in about 1 1/2 months. My belly was one of the first body parts to start shrinking! Now I'm dealing with my big stubborn thighs. But how am I doing it? Here's my regime:

Eating:
    I started by cutting my carbs tremendously and taking my 750 X 3 mg of metformin everyday. This is my basic meal regime: A Jay Robb protein shake and bacon/eggs for breakfast, ONE SERVING of a Campbells Healthy Harvest soup for lunch and another protein shake, and a varying low carb meal for dinner.

Exercise:
    Doing 30-40 minutes of cardio, everyday. First I was doing a stationary bike exercise for 20 minutes a day, but then I plateaued, and so I changed it up: Right now, I'm doing 40 minutes of run/walk intervals everyday (2 minute run, 1 minute walk).

I also added the taking of Hydroxycut everyday because my body plateaued for 3 weeks straight, and wasn't responding to the running and dieting alone anymore. That dropped me down to 166-167 pounds in a few days, and I'm still losing more and more everyday!

If anyone has any questions about my exercise or meal regime, feel free to PM me. I'm just happy that what I'm doing is actually working!

-Spritestar

Thanks

Default they say i have chicken legs

Ive heard this growing up and from my friends. I have skinny arms,skinny legs big boobs and what i call my muffin top. It looks way off. All i see is the thick ring around my mid section. Now im new to all of this so im hitting bumps. Ive started eating better but i do binge. I was exercising really good for awhile but ive been really sick with some virues and allergies. Its been really bad. Im exausted all the time with no energy. After i saw this gyno he s a man,told me to lose 5lbs,now i obsess about the way i look my weight and its making me feel really bad about myself. This is really going to screw me up. I start off great and the crash. Oh ladies i need some good motivation a good kick in the pants. Im so glad i can talk to people who understand my frustrations. Hats off to you