Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default slight aching in ovaries after clomid.. am i preggers?

So, approx the time of "O" I was having some sharp pain right where my left ovary would be. It was uncomfortable to the point that when I walked around, the jarring of the movement would hurt inside. It wasn't enough that I would double over in pain, but still very noticeable. over 3 days it essentially disappeared. I want to believe it was ovulation pain - so the DH and I were busy to say the least ! )
    Now, around 6dpo i'm feeling a sharpness, a slight crampy feeling around the right side of my ovary or uterus. I cant really tell where I "should" be feeling discomfort, if it really was implantation! Oh, how I wish!!
    Also, talk about hot flashes! Since I started taking the prometrium at the beginning of the month, I have had raging hot flashes. They have continued on.. and drive me nuts. But is it still just side affects of the medications? Are hot flashes part of early pregnancy?
    I'm also really starting to feel exhausted. Last night I slept for 9and a half hours.. which is unusual for me, especially on a work night.
    If anyone else out there is in the same boat, please comment on this thread. I would love to share experiences, and gain insight from those of you who have been here!

Thanks

Hmmm...I have O pain every time I ovulate. On my Clomid cycles I seem to experience more pain after O than when I O naturally which I've read on here can be a s/e of the Clomid. In fact, during one Clomid cycle I had O pain on & off for 2 weeks. Clomd causes serious hot flashes for me too. That's not to say what you're experienceing isn't implantation, I hope it is for you! Implantation typically happens 6-10 dpo, but I'm sure it can happen sooner & later than that too. GL, keep us posted!
    11/08- 4/20 4 rounds Clomid 4 BFNs
    3/10/09- HSG- All Clear!
    5/20/09 Femara 5 mg
    6/17/09 BFP!
    2/15/10 Walker Anthony Evans 8bls 7 oz!!!
    10/14/10 BFP!! - no help Hidden Content
    6/16/11 Luke Aaron Evans 7 lbs 17 oz!!

Thanks

I'm in the same boat as you. I started taking 100mg of clomid this month, and I am at CD 23 right now. I feel like a mild cramping sensation, but i am not exactly sure what it is. I hope it's implantation too! I have a lot of other symptoms I wasn't sure about. I'll give you mine just to compare.

CD 5-9- Clomid 100mg
    CD 12-15- Mild Pinching (Around left and right ovary). BD on CD Days- 10,12,14,16, 18 & 19
    CD16- CD 18+ OPK (Ovulite) Mild pinching feeling around ovaries. Odd color in stool.
    1 DPO- Fatigue, mild dizzy spells, Light cramping (feels as if Iím about to start my cycle in a few days). Odd color in stool. Mild shooting pain through left breast.
    2 DPO- Light cramping (like AF is about to start)
    3 DPO- frequent Urination, fatigue, light cramping (like AF) CM
    4 DPO- Fatigue, vivid dreams, bloating, light cramping (like AF)
    5 DPO- Fatigue, bloating, light cramping (feels like AF is coming), headache! CM
    6 DPO- Fatigue, bloating, light cramping (like AF) Feels like nipples might be getting sore, mild headache. CM
    7 DPO- Fatigue, bloating, constipation, nipples still getting worse, moody in morning.
    8 DPO- Fatigue, bloating, sore nipples, breasts are getting sore
    06/2005- Start TTC
    04/28/2008- Naturally Got my first BFP!!! M/C @ 9w5d Hidden Content
    022009- Started Taking Metformin 2000mg
    03/2009-07/2009- 5 Clomid cycles 50mg-150mg, BUST!
    09/2009- 1st round of Femara 7.5mg days 3-7- BFN
    10/31/2009- 2nd round of Femara 2.5mg- BFP (11/29/2009)! M/C @ 8w4d Hidden Content
    Hidden Content 11/23/2010 FINALIZED THE ADOPTION OF MY SON! Hidden Content
    9/2011 Would like to TTC again! Ready to go!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks ladies.. I appreciate knowing that others are out there experiencing the same things! Its now 7dpo for me, and that nagging pain on the lower right side is still there. I woke up this morning with kind of swollen glands in my throat. Also, if I sit and focus, I can feel strange sensations in my breasts. Hmm.. I think I'm overanalyzing how a feel. Not a good thing! I dont want to set myself up for disappointment.
    Because I have been feeling lousy, and all I can think about is getting pregnant, I took a test yesterday.. just to double check that last month I did not conceive. Us pcos -ers just can never tell when a cycle will begin and end. I though.. well you never know.
    Also, I dont get the whole testing the CM thing as well as checking how open, forward, and soft your cervix is?! So if thats supposed to help give me an answer, I dont even know where to begin. Ah well.. guess I just have to hang in there for that 2ww. I never know if that 2ww is long enough though. If its negative, I want to hold out hope that 2 weeks and 4 days would produce a different result. What do you ladies think? Is 2 weeks long enough? And can you be preganant and still get a negative result?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jessietex View Post
    Hmmm...I have O pain every time I ovulate. On my Clomid cycles I seem to experience more pain after O than when I O naturally which I've read on here can be a s/e of the Clomid. In fact, during one Clomid cycle I had O pain on & off for 2 weeks. Clomd causes serious hot flashes for me too. That's not to say what you're experienceing isn't implantation, I hope it is for you! Implantation typically happens 6-10 dpo, but I'm sure it can happen sooner & later than that too. GL, keep us posted!
    Hi Jessitex! Thanks for your experience. You're fortunate to be able to feel when you're ovulating. I think I felt O pain myself, but starting on day 8.. which seems a little early to me. I'm still figuring all this out though.
    So you were saying that your ovulation pain hurt more AFTER you actually ovulated on clomid? Did I misunderstand you? Were you just saying that you had greater pain when you took the clomid than when you did not? I'm just trying to figure out this pain i'm experiencing right now. Its 7dpo, and for two days its hurt in the same place.. lower right side. However, if it was implantation, shouldn't it be in the centre?

Anyhow.. thanks again. Its nice to chat with cysters like you!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lmhendle View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you. I started taking 100mg of clomid this month, and I am at CD 23 right now. I feel like a mild cramping sensation, but i am not exactly sure what it is. I hope it's implantation too! I have a lot of other symptoms I wasn't sure about. I'll give you mine just to compare.

CD 5-9- Clomid 100mg
    CD 12-15- Mild Pinching (Around left and right ovary). BD on CD Days- 10,12,14,16, 18 & 19
    CD16- CD 18+ OPK (Ovulite) Mild pinching feeling around ovaries. Odd color in stool.
    1 DPO- Fatigue, mild dizzy spells, Light cramping (feels as if Iím about to start my cycle in a few days). Odd color in stool. Mild shooting pain through left breast.
    2 DPO- Light cramping (like AF is about to start)
    3 DPO- frequent Urination, fatigue, light cramping (like AF) CM
    4 DPO- Fatigue, vivid dreams, bloating, light cramping (like AF)
    5 DPO- Fatigue, bloating, light cramping (feels like AF is coming), headache! CM
    6 DPO- Fatigue, bloating, light cramping (like AF) Feels like nipples might be getting sore, mild headache. CM
    7 DPO- Fatigue, bloating, constipation, nipples still getting worse, moody in morning.
    8 DPO- Fatigue, bloating, sore nipples, breasts are getting sore
    Hi Imhendle! This is great.. thank you so much for sharing your days with me. I hope that your sypmtoms mean that you are pregnant. I think ours are very similar.. so if you were pregnant it would give me hope! If you are on day 8 right now, and i'm on day 7, we are right on track together. We should stay in touch this month, and see what comes of these crazy symptoms.
    I too have been having lightheadedness and dizzy spells. Also constipation, dull but specific pain to one area in my lower right side (I had sharp pain in my left ovary around ovulation time), headache, very thirsty, very tired... the list goes on and on. I want to believe i'm pregnant, but do you feel too, that we set ourselves up for disappointment? I have been told to think positive, and see yourself being pregnant.. but what if i'm paying too much attention to these silly symptoms that could be anything, and I end up letting it affect my life. For instance, i'm skipping pilates tonight just because i'm uncomfortable, and the possibility I could be pregnant. Man, this 2ww is brutal.

Anyhow.. hope to talk to you again.. do keep me posted.

Thanks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by honeyspyder View Post
    Hi Imhendle! This is great.. thank you so much for sharing your days with me. I hope that your sypmtoms mean that you are pregnant. I think ours are very similar.. so if you were pregnant it would give me hope! If you are on day 8 right now, and i'm on day 7, we are right on track together. We should stay in touch this month, and see what comes of these crazy symptoms.
    I too have been having lightheadedness and dizzy spells. Also constipation, dull but specific pain to one area in my lower right side (I had sharp pain in my left ovary around ovulation time), headache, very thirsty, very tired... the list goes on and on. I want to believe i'm pregnant, but do you feel too, that we set ourselves up for disappointment? I have been told to think positive, and see yourself being pregnant.. but what if i'm paying too much attention to these silly symptoms that could be anything, and I end up letting it affect my life. For instance, i'm skipping pilates tonight just because i'm uncomfortable, and the possibility I could be pregnant. Man, this 2ww is brutal.

Anyhow.. hope to talk to you again.. do keep me posted.
    Well, today I am 9 DPO, and I am still experiencing the same symptoms for the most part. I had a few more at 8 DPO, here is my update:

8 DPO- Fatigue, bloating, sore nipples, breasts are getting sore, veins on chest, mild cramping, lots of CM.
    9 DPO- Fatigue, bloating, sore nipples, veins on chest, mild cramping
    I have also been waking up very loveable, but moddy the past few days (if that makes any sense). lol. I don't plan on testing till April 7th, or the 8th. Which is actually the days AF is coming. I don't like testing to early because of getting my hopes up, I'm sure you understand. I do believe there is a good chance I am pregnant, but yet again I don't wan't to get my hopes up. How much clomid were you taking? Is this your first month? Sorry for asking if you mentioned this already. lol. I have an elliptical at home which I normally use every day for 30 min. But I haven't been on it since AF came last month. lol. I didn't want to screw up ovulation, and now the chance that I might be preggers! Don't feel bad about not doing pilates. Instead of doing the elliptical now, I go for walks with my neighbor. We walk about a mile or two. See the mild cramping I am feeling started on my right and left ovary, and now it's actually more in the center, weird huh? Has your pain moved at all? Talk to ya soon!

06/2005- Start TTC
    10/31/2009- 2nd round of Femara 2.5mg- BFP (11/29/2009)! M/C @ 8w4d Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lmhendle View Post
    Well, today I am 9 DPO, and I am still experiencing the same symptoms for the most part. I had a few more at 8 DPO, here is my update:

8 DPO- Fatigue, bloating, sore nipples, breasts are getting sore, veins on chest, mild cramping, lots of CM.
    9 DPO- Fatigue, bloating, sore nipples, veins on chest, mild cramping
    I have also been waking up very loveable, but moddy the past few days (if that makes any sense). lol. I don't plan on testing till April 7th, or the 8th. Which is actually the days AF is coming. I don't like testing to early because of getting my hopes up, I'm sure you understand. I do believe there is a good chance I am pregnant, but yet again I don't wan't to get my hopes up. How much clomid were you taking? Is this your first month? Sorry for asking if you mentioned this already. lol. I have an elliptical at home which I normally use every day for 30 min. But I haven't been on it since AF came last month. lol. I didn't want to screw up ovulation, and now the chance that I might be preggers! Don't feel bad about not doing pilates. Instead of doing the elliptical now, I go for walks with my neighbor. We walk about a mile or two. See the mild cramping I am feeling started on my right and left ovary, and now it's actually more in the center, weird huh? Has your pain moved at all? Talk to ya soon!
    Good morning imhendle Thanks for the pep talk on the excercize front! I know.. I shouldn't be worrying about it too much right now.
    Its hard for me to know when I ovulated, so i'm making my best guess this month.. I think im on cycle day 19today, and maybe 6/7 dpo. I didnt OPK, so i have no confirmation. Also, my doc doesnt have me going for blood work or anything (which im not sure is bright of her) - so i can't confirm.
    As far as pain goes, yes it has moved. Around O, my left ovary was really hurting.. sharp and achy. .. hurt to walk or bounce around. I was at the docs office , and she said its probably O pain. It gradually went away over about 3 days. Its the second month of Clomid for me, and the first time I felt the pain. I'm only on 50 mg.

Now, for about the third day, I have a cramping sensation on the lower right side of my abdomin (and sometimes the pain feels higher too - maybe in line with my belly button?) so that might be too high for any kind of pregancy pain. I have been temping, and i've been high for days now too though. It still fluctuates, but in the high range. This morning I was 98.2... I think thats good, isnt it? I'm new to the who faherenheight thing (as you can see, i cant even spell it) LOL

Talk toyou soon .. thankyou!

Thanks

Honey- Normally I feel pain the day before I O, the day of O, and a few days after. I seem to feel it more on Clomid cycles. BUT- this month is unmedicated for me & I def felt it before & after O. Geez, am I making any sense? Maybe it's that now I'm ttc so I actually notice it, you know? About implantation- I'm not sure where that pain is normally felt, but I do know that some women feel it & some don't. HTH!!!!
    11/08- 4/20 4 rounds Clomid 4 BFNs
    3/10/09- HSG- All Clear!
    5/20/09 Femara 5 mg
    6/17/09 BFP!
    2/15/10 Walker Anthony Evans 8bls 7 oz!!!
    10/14/10 BFP!! - no help Hidden Content
    6/16/11 Luke Aaron Evans 7 lbs 17 oz!!

Thanks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by honeyspyder View Post
    Good morning imhendle Thanks for the pep talk on the excercize front! I know.. I shouldn't be worrying about it too much right now.
    Its hard for me to know when I ovulated, so i'm making my best guess this month.. I think im on cycle day 19today, and maybe 6/7 dpo. I didnt OPK, so i have no confirmation. Also, my doc doesnt have me going for blood work or anything (which im not sure is bright of her) - so i can't confirm.
    As far as pain goes, yes it has moved. Around O, my left ovary was really hurting.. sharp and achy. .. hurt to walk or bounce around. I was at the docs office , and she said its probably O pain. It gradually went away over about 3 days. Its the second month of Clomid for me, and the first time I felt the pain. I'm only on 50 mg.

Now, for about the third day, I have a cramping sensation on the lower right side of my abdomin (and sometimes the pain feels higher too - maybe in line with my belly button?) so that might be too high for any kind of pregancy pain. I have been temping, and i've been high for days now too though. It still fluctuates, but in the high range. This morning I was 98.2... I think thats good, isnt it? I'm new to the who faherenheight thing (as you can see, i cant even spell it) LOL

Talk toyou soon .. thankyou!
    I haven't been doing any BBT charting. If I am not pregnant, then I will do it with my next cycle. I am very irregular, so who knows when that will be. I am also not sure the exact day I ovulated. But I used ovulite (the saliva test) to predict ovulation, and from what it looked like, I did around the 26-28th, I think. So yea, my DPO days might also be a few days off as well... lol.
    It's good the first month that you had no pain, because now you know what it feels like to ovulate on Clomid. Why aren't they doing any testing to make sure you ovulated? Is your doctor going to up your dosage any time soon? Hopefully, you'll be pregnant so that wont have to happen! So have you had any more symptoms? Here is my updated one:

8 DPO- Fatigue, bloating, sore nipples, breasts are getting sore, veins on chest, mild cramping, lots of CM, back pain, Very vivid dreams, Poor memory, and forgetful.
    9 DPO- Fatigue, bloating, sore nipples, veins on chest, mild cramping, irritable, vivid dreams, and CM.
    10 DPO- Bloating, VERY sore nipples, veins on chest, stuffed/runny nose, mild cramping, mild fatigue.
    My doctors assistant talked to me the other day, and I forgot to mention this to ya. She has PCOS as well, and got pregnant the first round of 100mg, WITH TWINS! She said she didn't think she was even pregnant. So when she went to her next appointment to get her Clomid refilled they told her she was preggers! She didn't have any symptoms till she was 12 weeks, and now the babies are 2 years old! She said many of the symptoms I have can be based off the Clomid, so I just have to play the waiting game. I am planning on testing on the 7th! So three more days! I have been having some very vivid dreams for the past 4-5 days or so, it's so weird! Anyway, talk to you soon!
    06/2005- Start TTC