Thanks

Default Can someone please explain what endo pain feels like?

I get sharp shooting pains in my vagina/cervix. Is that kind of pain typical of endo? All the websites I've read just state that endo causes 'pain'.
    28, TTC#1 since 2007

Mar '10: Lap/hyst for pcos, septate uterus and endometriosis.
    Jun '10: Femara (O, BFN).
    Jul '10: Femara (O, BFN).
    Aug/Sep '10: No meds (no O).
    Oct '10: Femara (no O).
    Mar '11: Femara + Gonal F (ongoing).

Thanks

Well, the pain is different for everyone. It also depends on where your endo has formed. I only have a few spots, but it causes great pain--I could probably mark off the spots with a marker. Sometimes its a nagging pain, and sometimes, like during my AF, I get VERY SHARP pains. The only 'true' way to tell is by a laproscopic surgery. Do you have PCOS as well? If your horomones are out of balance (which causes both pcos and endo) you may want to consult your GYN, or if you can, an ND (well, thats what I did )
    Erynn (27), DH (28)Furbabies - (Captain) Jack (5) - Bebe (1)
    Hidden Content

Started Clomid June 30 - 3-7, 2 Follies, 13 and 18!

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

thanks for ur reply... yeah i do have pcos and im waiting to get a lap done (its taking forever, been waiting for months). what happened with the nd?

can anyone else help?
    28, TTC#1 since 2007

Thanks

yeah when they decided i needed to get a lap, they kept making it seem like i was going to go in two weeks, then pushed it out almost 4 months--I think my office thought i was faking everything--GGGRRRRR---well thats another story.

All of my ND stuff is here http://www.soulcysters.net/heading-n...post1889806069
    Erynn (27), DH (28)Furbabies - (Captain) Jack (5) - Bebe (1)
    Hidden Content

Started Clomid June 30 - 3-7, 2 Follies, 13 and 18!

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

me again

my enod pain can be stabbing in the cervix/back ache (really bad)/ stabbing/shooting/crushing pain in left ovary. Just had lap done and found the endo is on my left ovary.
    PCOS, LOCAH, ER+ breast cancer, Endom, Lichen Planus, IBS, HS, raised bp/ cholesterol. Meds: Spiro, Bendrofluazide, Amlodopine, Simvastatin, Met, Prednisolone, Mebeverine, Omeprazole, Tamoxafen ,

Me - 45, hubby 39 son 15 Married 18 years

She is buffeted by the wind, but she does not sink.

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Makes lemonade often. HakunaMatata's Avatar
    Thanks

What does Endo pain feel like like? THIS I know alllll (way too much) about!

I could be sitting perfectly still. Without moving, all of a sudden it feels like barbed wire has "appeared" around my girly organs. If, at that point, I do move (which is impossible not to do), it feels like someone is tugging on that barbed wire.

During sex, there *might* be some discomfort, but it pales in comparison. However, AFTER sex, the pain has put me in tears and sometimes I have to get into the fetal position and stay put for like 15 minutes. It's so unfair lol...amazing sex and then paralyzing pain. Hubby feels bad so sometimes I have to really convince him that I think it's worth it. Plus we are trying to conceive.

This pain after sex is usually the worst right before my period or if I'm late for my period. Another thing is I know that my period is coming because about two days beforehand, I will feel like my lower back has nails hammered in. I can't stand straight, can't sit comfortably...the most comfortable I am is when I'm flat on my back on a hard surface, and even then it still hurts.

Here's the big one...and if you don't have it, it doesn't mean you don't have Endo...it just means you're lucky enough to not get this kind of pain. RECTAL PAIN. OMG this is the worst. I get these sharp, stabbing, acute pains...sometimes if I'm going #2 and sometimes just because. It's enough to make me jump a little bit and my whole body stiffens. It's really bad, strange, weird, aggravating.

I tried to have lap surgery for it back on November. My OB/GYN said it failed because of my weight. (I call BS - I know women larger than myself who have had it successfully and they use lap for gastric bypass! I think he was just lazy and my weight was the most convenient excuse). I'm going to give it a 2nd try with a really really good doctor. I have my consultation appointment on Thursday.

Good luck with your surgery!!!

Thanks

Thanks for your replies everyone Good luck with your consultation today Eva x
    28, TTC#1 since 2007

Thanks

Toota - like everyone said it varies for each person. In my case I would get cramps about a week before starting my period and have them for the duration. And it would be the most intense pain ever. Like someone was sticking a knife in my abdomen. That's really the only way I can describe it.

I've had 3 lapriscopic surgeries - 2 concentrated on endometriosis, the last on endo and PCOS. The pain slowly got better after I did the lupron treatment, but it did take a while. (Although the lupron that was supposed to put me through menopause like symptoms for 6 months put me through them for a year. I won't lie... at the time, I would have taken the menopause because I was pain free!) Anyway, I hope you get the help you need and a doctor who truly understands the pain you're in.

Thanks

Hi,

I had a lap which confirmed endo last week. I thought I would only have it on my left ovary, as that was the one I constantly have sharp pains, like a knife or shard of glass is going through. But it turns out I had growths on both ovaries, plus my uterus and tubes. During my periods (even on the pill), I get really bad cramps, and feel like my whole stomach is going to fall out of my vagina! It is awful. Being on Yasmin pill has helped reduce the pain and severity of this, but I still dread the days where I have to take it really easy!!! Plus, anybody who doesn't get this sort of pain just thinks I'm weird or faking it!

The pain travels down my legs. When it's bad, even my feet and ankles hurt. Also my lower back and pelvic area ache like mad, and sometimes the pain gets really bad. I find if I eat lots it is worse because the food in my stomach puts pressure on my endo areas. Therefore, I have lost weight lol!

xx

Thanks

how you feeling now? I did get adhesions lasered, thanks.
    PCOS, LOCAH, ER+ breast cancer, Endom, Lichen Planus, IBS, HS, raised bp/ cholesterol. Meds: Spiro, Bendrofluazide, Amlodopine, Simvastatin, Met, Prednisolone, Mebeverine, Omeprazole, Tamoxafen ,

Me - 45, hubby 39 son 15 Married 18 years

She is buffeted by the wind, but she does not sink.

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

Thanks for the info--I've been wondering similar things myself.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HakunaMatata View Post
    What does Endo pain feel like like? THIS I know alllll (way too much) about!

I could be sitting perfectly still. Without moving, all of a sudden it feels like barbed wire has "appeared" around my girly organs. If, at that point, I do move (which is impossible not to do), it feels like someone is tugging on that barbed wire.

During sex, there *might* be some discomfort, but it pales in comparison. However, AFTER sex, the pain has put me in tears and sometimes I have to get into the fetal position and stay put for like 15 minutes. It's so unfair lol...amazing sex and then paralyzing pain. Hubby feels bad so sometimes I have to really convince him that I think it's worth it. Plus we are trying to conceive.

This pain after sex is usually the worst right before my period or if I'm late for my period. Another thing is I know that my period is coming because about two days beforehand, I will feel like my lower back has nails hammered in. I can't stand straight, can't sit comfortably...the most comfortable I am is when I'm flat on my back on a hard surface, and even then it still hurts.

Here's the big one...and if you don't have it, it doesn't mean you don't have Endo...it just means you're lucky enough to not get this kind of pain. RECTAL PAIN. OMG this is the worst. I get these sharp, stabbing, acute pains...sometimes if I'm going #2 and sometimes just because. It's enough to make me jump a little bit and my whole body stiffens. It's really bad, strange, weird, aggravating.

I tried to have lap surgery for it back on November. My OB/GYN said it failed because of my weight. (I call BS - I know women larger than myself who have had it successfully and they use lap for gastric bypass! I think he was just lazy and my weight was the most convenient excuse). I'm going to give it a 2nd try with a really really good doctor. I have my consultation appointment on Thursday.

Good luck with your surgery!!!
    I get horrible pain in my rectum as well. I am not Dx with endo, but i always have wondered what it was!! it drives me crazy and your right pain like that makes you jump.. I usually get this at random times (only sometimes while going number 2) is this a sign of endo?? Thanks.

FYI: I do get pain during intercourse, and sometimes after intercourse the pain is UNBEARABLE..and i have always had horrible pain before and during AF (i was prescribed vicodin at age 14 for it, but stopped taking)

Rachel
    Dx: Jan. 2009
    Meds: Taken off Met!!Doc. wants to see my levels off to make sure I even need it(WooHOO).Put on Spironolactone.Taken off NuvaRing until ready to TTC.
    ME(20) Hidden Content DBF(24)
    Other Dx: Hashimoto's Disease and possible IBS/IC/ENDO.
    Hidden Content :Not TTC yet Hidden Content , will be when the time is right.