Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Livin and lovin w/pcos Naymarie's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Young Living Oils

Hello all, I was just wondering if any of you had tried any of the suggestions of the Young Living Oils. If so please share any pros or cons! Thanks so much!
    Renee (Nay) 28 & Randy 36

DsD: Sj - 10
    DsS: Caleb - 6
    DsD: Izzy - 4

Dx: PCOS March 13, 2000
    Other Dx: PTSD, Depression/Anxiety, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Complex Migraines

Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Would you say more about it? (is "Young" an adjective or a name Gary Young perhaps??) Does it have anything to do with essential oils? Also please say how it might possibly be of benefit for PCOS!

Thanks

i've used aromatheraphy to some success...but not specifically "young living." cypress oil is supposed to be particularly helpful for ovarian cysts, along with clary sage. i've used both and am not having as much "pressure" around my ovaries. but i'm not sure what young living would do specifically. i think aromatheraphy is fascinating!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Would you say more about it? (is "Young" an adjective or a name Gary Young perhaps??) Does it have anything to do with essential oils? Also please say how it might possibly be of benefit for PCOS!
    That is exactly what I was talking about August! I'm currently interning at an in home day care and the lady that owns it is a distributer. I don't know exactly what the benefits may be other than not so much pain. I was just wondering if anyone had used any type of oils though, with any success at all!

Hidden Content

Thanks

I have a friend that's a distributor for Young Living so I've bought products to help support her (which turned out to be a great support for me). I haven't tried anything for PCOS though.

I do LOVE the Valor, it's amazing for calming and centering. And I also have another blend that great for my energy and enthusiasm (Aroma Life).

I've talked to my ND and others and they all have said that the products really are high grade.

Hope that helps at least a little.

Thanks

Cool

I just went to a class that talked about the Young Living Oils the other day. They are theraputic grade which means you can ingest them and put them on your body and such. I am supposed to do a free consultation with the lady who taught the class and she thinks she can find something to help with PCOS. I will definitely report back when I find out what she says.

I know some ladies here take cinnamon for their IR and I think I can take the cinnamon oil to the same effect. If so it is a LOT more concentrated than cinnamon pills so I will need to find out more info about it.

Thanks

I got some Valor and Sage to get me started - the lady where I did my internship gave them too me as part of my "going away" gift.

Good luck rinny and yes, please let us know what you find out

Hidden Content

Thanks

Apart from anything I could get to help with PCOS, I want to get the Theives blend oil to keep me and my family healthy. Our instructor said she takes it daily and hasn't had a cold or viral or bacterial-type illness in like 2 years.
    Marin (32) DH (40)Hidden Content
    Mama to Ian (6)
    Hidden Content
    Doula
    ttc #2

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I have (and currently am) taken Young Living's daily vitamins. I LOVE them. I haven't tried any of the oils yet. But there are a few different oils that are supposed to help the endocrine system. I'm not aware of any that are specifically targeted to PCOS, but clary sage is definitely supposed to help balance female sex hormones. Young Living also carries blends and supplements of its oils, some of which are targeted to endocrine health.
    If you want to know more about essential oils including their uses, there's a book that's pretty extensive on the topic. I haven't read it myself, but I'm thinking about it. It's called "Essential Oils Desk Reference" and can be purchased through Amazon.com.
    I'm also a massage student and I have a teacher whose pretty well versed in essential oils and aromatherapy so as I learn more, I'll share with you all. Hope this helps!!

Thanks

I'm currently on vitamins - I've been using prenatal vits since we are again going to start trying. I have something for infertility - can't remember the name of it currently.... but keeping fingers crossed!! (and toes and everything else of course)

Hidden Content

Thanks

Hey Ladies,

I finally had my consultation for the YL oils today. I ended up signing up as a distributor cuz it's an easy way to order products and I get the wholesale price too. I also ordered an oil called "Endoflex". I was told that it was great for balancing hormones (she specifically mentioned estrogen and progesterone), adrenals, thyroid and such. She said that taking it for 3 months or so really helped her (the YL instructor) with adrenal burnout. Endoflex has spearmint, geranium, German chamomile, sage, myrtle, and nutmeg. I will take it for 3 months or so and see what happens!
    Mama to Ian (6)
    Hidden Content
    Doula
    ttc #2

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Yes please let us know what happens with the EndoFlex. I've been wanting to try it but I can't afford it right now. I'd love to hear your experiences with it. I know that when I started the YL vitamins it was like night and day.
    No PCOS diagnosis yet...

Thanks

Hey Mishee,

Just out of curiosity, which vitamins are you taking? I have the YL catalog in front of me and there are tons of different vitamins! I don't know where to start!

I also wanted to add that during my consultation she mentioned that it would be a really good idea to do a cleanse (especially a liver cleanse) to help my liver process hormones and such. YL has a really good 5-day cleanse but it was $100 which is more than I could spend on it.
    Mama to Ian (6)
    Hidden Content
    Doula
    ttc #2

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Rinnyboo,
    I take the True Source vitamins. It's a daily pack with three capsules in it. They are kinda expensive, but they work wonders for me. As far as a cleanse, I haven't tried them I'd like to though. They are a bit out of my price range too. I'd also be careful about starting a cleanse right away. I've been told that before you do a cleanse you should be as healthly as you can be first, because when you cleanse it detoxifies for example the liver, and once the toxins are out of the liver they get into your blood so you can process them out. There's no problem with that except that with all the toxins in the blood, you might feel really bad for awhile until your body finishes processing everything out. I understand how you feel looking at the catalogue, I feel that way when I look through it too.
    No PCOS diagnosis yet...

Thanks

I do a lot of work with Young Living, and have just recently began working on my PCOS with the oils. I began Estro, and progessence + and had my first period in MONTHS! I feel a lot better and now I am seeing a lesser growth of hair on face, and weight loss. I am beginning to add Ocotea into my Ning Xia red in the morning and am drinking Balance Complete for breakfast to add protein and stabilize blood sugars. I am not overweight, but I am was seeing the insulin resistant type symptoms (took metformin until I went into a complete and utter liver toxicity-- which is a whole thread by itself). I'm on this path for 3 months to see if I continue cycling and hopefully ttc again soon!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lucyovrebo For This Useful Post:

DanniMarie (03-20-2014)