Thanks

Question Neuropathy: Itchy, tingly feet

A few years ago, my feet began to itch from time to time due to my being overweight. I never really did anything except a pedicure at home to relieve my feet of the dead skin that normally accumulates on the bottom and and heels.

Well, a few months ago, I've noticed how now EVERYDAY my feet itch so much on the bottoms and heels due to the loss in nerve feelings--I've even noticed how the back of my left foot is even numb in some spots. I mean, I've literally taken a nail file and just dug it into the back of my foot and didn't feel it until after it was pressed rather hard. I know I shouldn't be doing that...but I just wanted to test it out.

Just wondering if anyone knows what it means or what I could do for a home remedy until I see podiatrist.

Also, if it's related to hypoglycemia/diabetes and what I should do to my diet to relieve the itching and bring some life back to the nerves.

All suggestions are welcomed and advised.

Thanks

Have you been to a doctor about this problem? Are you sure your feet itched before because you we overweight? I had a tingling sensation in my feet for a couple of months before I finally went to a doctor. She took me off of some of my medications, that didn't help. She did blood work and everything was fine. I was anemic so I started taking iron, that didn't help. She sent me to a neuologist and I didn't have any nerve damage. What was finally decided was that I have a vitamin B12 deficiency. I take 100 mcg of vitamin B12 a day and that has really helped. When I went to the doctor she would touch my toes/feet with a vibrating rod and I couldn't feel anything. I do know this sensation could also be related to diabetes, but I don't really know what to change in your diet to help with it.
    Hidden Content SARAHHidden Content

~If stress burnt calories, I would be a size 5.~

Hidden Content

My favorite bumper sticker:

I may be fat but you are ugly and I can diet!!!