Thanks

Default Reflexology & Ovulation

Anyone tried reflexology to stimulate ovulation? I'm seriously considering it after I get the green light to TTC in June.

Just curious if anyone has seen any benefit.

Thanks!
    Cindy
    TTC #2 - starting Clomid in June!
    Hidden Content
    PCOS - dx 2002
    MTHFR C667T Mutation - dx 2009

2000 mg. Metformin
    4 mg. Folic Acid
    81 mg. aspirin
    Prenatal

Grace Kelly: 03/14/2004
    Conceived with 2000 mg Metformin & 50 mg. Clomid
    3 lb 7 oz. - born @ 33 weeks due to Preeclampsia & HELLP Syndrome

MC: 04/17/2009
    4.5 weeks

Thanks

I am a massage therapist. It will help you relax and help bring your body in balance. You can look up a reflexology points online and stimulate them yourself. I do it for myself and I don't really think it has helped me O any sooner. I hope you have a better result! Good luck!

I have also been considering ordering some essential oils to help stimulate the pituitary by putting the oil on the different points on the feet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by freyabecca View Post
    I am a massage therapist. It will help you relax and help bring your body in balance. You can look up a reflexology points online and stimulate them yourself. I do it for myself and I don't really think it has helped me O any sooner. I hope you have a better result! Good luck!

I have also been considering ordering some essential oils to help stimulate the pituitary by putting the oil on the different points on the feet.
    Hi Freyabecca! I'm a massage therapy student and I was wondering if you've tried any other types of massage for AF or O. I was reading on another thread where someone was talking about mayan uterine massage, which was supposed to help by realigning the uterus. I haven't tried anything specifically for bringing on O, but when my class was learning abdonimal massage I noticed that I had quite a bit of sensitivity on my right ovary where I had previously had a cyst surgically removed. At first I thought it was just sensitivity where the scar was, but it felt much deeper than that and after I got off the table I felt as though I had experienced a release. I'm really intrigued by the idea that massage could help. Have you tried any other modalities, like myofascial release? And please let me know if you try essential oils with reflexology.
    No PCOS diagnosis yet...

Thanks

[QUOTE=Mishee;1889888178 I was reading on another thread where someone was talking about mayan uterine massage, which was supposed to help by realigning the uterus. [/QUOTE]

My Chiropractor does that to me. To help me get realigned.
    DS1 ~ John 9/7/08 (after 9 years and 7 losses)
    DS2 ~ Patrick 12/12/09 (Total shock and unknown ..Who knew?)

Thanks

Your chiropractor works on your uterus? Would you mind explaining more about it to me? I find it fascinating.
    No PCOS diagnosis yet...

Thanks

starts with he hips the puts pressure on ovaries and uterus. Often has to relax muscles in the ab, or back

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy2579 View Post
    starts with he hips the puts pressure on ovaries and uterus. Often has to relax muscles in the ab, or back
    That's interesting. Does he just kind of push on your ovaries and uterus or is it more like a massage where he's moving his hands across that area with pressure? Is he manipulating just your muscles? Or your skeletal system too? And do you feel your uterus and ovaries being manipulated or is that what he told you he was doing? I'm so curious, so please forgive the barrage of questions.
    No PCOS diagnosis yet...

Thanks

I am a student at one of the most reputable massage schools in the country, and I've been told that reflexology is a bunch of "quackery," as our teacher put it. There's no scientific basis for any of it. You could give it a shot, you don't have anything to lose, but I wouldn't hope for too much. Sorry to sound like such a downer!

Thanks

That's interesting. Does he just kind of push on your ovaries and uterus or is it more like a massage where he's moving his hands across that area with pressure?
    She works on the hip abductors and then works inward to the ovaries
    Is he manipulating just your muscles?
    Yes she is.. but not every adjustment is muscles

Or your skeletal system too?
    She will adjust hips and pubic cynphis bone (pubic bone)

And do you feel your uterus and ovaries being manipulated or is that what he told you he was doing?
    She makes it feel like a lift and relax.

I'm so curious, so please forgive the barrage of questions.

no worries her and her husband are very good. .also she will check body functions I call it her "voodoo" not sure what that really is she does .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peasento View Post
    I am a student at one of the most reputable massage schools in the country, and I've been told that reflexology is a bunch of "quackery," as our teacher put it. There's no scientific basis for any of it. You could give it a shot, you don't have anything to lose, but I wouldn't hope for too much. Sorry to sound like such a downer!
    If you don't mind me asking, where are you going to school? I'm going to Cortiva Institute. I don't know much about reflexology, but as I understand it it's not terribly different than acupressure. While neither of these modalities have much scientific research to back up their effectiveness yet, I don't think that means that they're quackery. Massage itself doesn't have as much scientific backing as it should either. It's only recently that the research has been done to show that massage has the effects on the body that practitioners have been claiming for years. The way to find out if a modality has scientific validity is to listen to the clients that have used it, then design research to prove or disprove its effectiveness. We don't find out if something is valid by simply dismissing it.

Sunny Cindy---
    If you're inclined to try reflexology, please do. And please let us know how it goes.
    No PCOS diagnosis yet...

Thanks

Kathy2579---
    That sounds so neat. I'm definitely going to research more into that. One more question if you don't mind. Has the work she's been doing with you helped with your PCOS or ovulating or anything like that? I guess I'm just curious what effects the adjustments have for you. Thank you so much for answering my questions. I love learning about all this stuff.
    No PCOS diagnosis yet...