Poll: Did you/ are you having a....

Thanks

Default Anyone get pregnant using Soy Isoflavones?

If so how much did you take and when in your cycle?

Thanks

This is a soy baby. I took it days 5-10. I started out on a lower dose... I believe I did 160 for 2 days then increased to 200 for 2 days and then 220 for 2 days. I had heard that if you increase the dose at the end or while you go it makes bigger follies. Worked for me I guess.
    Melissa (33) DH (35) 4 Angels 8/03, 4/06, 5/08, and 4/10
    DS#1 Jackson 3/15/07- conceived after 4 1/2 years of TTC, 2 m/c's, Metformin ER and weight loss.
    DS#2 Carson 7/27/09- conceived after another m/c, Metformin ER, and 3 months of Soy.
    DS#3- Evan 5/31/12- conceived after yet another m/c, Met ER and 2 months of Soy.

I nursed for 15 months! Melvin'sWifey's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Mine is a soy baby as well. I was also taking 2000mg Met a day. I took 160mg cd1-5 and O'd on cd21 I believe.

I had taken 120mg cd 5-9 three times before and ovulated twice, but never got pg until I did it the other way.

If you use the search tool and type in "soy help" there are some great threads out there with tons of info. There is also a Soy TTC buddy group in the TTC buddy group section, they have lots of ladies trying soy and lots of ladies who have soy babies.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Marcie (29) & Melvin (39)

Met/Soy Miracle!
    Kaden Melvin - 10/15/09 8lbs13oz 22in via C-section 40w2d
    WE ARE SO HAPPY, SO BLESSED!

Hidden Content

Thanks

thanks!!!
    Mom to-

Jayden - 6, Austin - 4, Kaitlyn - 2, Ethan - 1

Hidden Content Tiffany

Thanks

At first I was confused since I read that soy isoflavones are the worse you can take if you have PCOS because we already have too much estrogen. But I have heard of many success stories so I guess for many they work wonders !!

Thanks

Mine is a soy baby, too. I'm on 1500 mg/day of Met and did 160 mg of soy cd 3-7. This was my first soy cycle.
    Melissa (32)
    Diagnosed: Summer 2008 - Metformin since Fall 2008
    Jan. 2009: 50 mg Clomid - O - BFN
    Feb. and March 2009: 100 mg Clomid - No O
    April 2009: 160 mg Soy - O - BFP on May 4, 2009 (DS born Jan. 2010)
    Oct. 2012: 160 mg Soy - No O - BFN
    Nov. 2012 - Mar. 2013: Clomid - BFN
    April - Oct. 2013: 3 Cycles of Follistim/Ovidrel/IUI
    Nov. 2013: BFP with Follistim/Ovidrel/IUI. Due 7/11/14.

Thanks

I am so glad to hear it is working for people. This is my first cycle cd 3-7 100 mg I am hoping that is works ...

Thanks

Soy baby here too!

Got PG on round 2. 80mg CD 3-7, O'd CD 20 :-) Not sure if it's a boy or girl yet though.
    (Jess) 27Hidden Content (Chris) 30

Hidden Content Our 4 Munchkins:
    Joshua- 6yrs, Dominick- 3yrs, Luciana- 2yrs & Addison- born 10/24/13 7lb-11oz and 20in

Hidden Content

Thanks

congrats everyone... I really hope this works for me

Thanks

I myself don't have pcos.... I did just get a bfp . Im 4 1/2 weeks with #5. I took 200 mg of soy cd 3-7. I took soy 5 times and got pregnant on it 4 times. I love it!
    Mom to-

Jayden - 6, Austin - 4, Kaitlyn - 2, Ethan - 1

Hidden Content Tiffany

Thanks

I did soy days 3-7 90 mgs this cycle.
    It is my first using soy, it is also my first temping...

Thanks

That's really interesting. I'm thinking of trying it. But I am vegetarian and I eat soy foods often. Doesn't seem to have helped. Or maybe it's because I'm eating soy all the time and not just during a certain time in my cycle.
    Me (31) & DH (31)

BFP! - 3/2/10 150 mg Clomid, Dexamethasone, 4x Menopur 75iu, 1x Follistim 75iu, HCG shot, IUI
    Hidden Content

Amara born 12/7/10

Hidden Content

#2 - Surprise BFP 12/2012, due 8/2013

Thanks

Yes, eating soy foods for a PCOSer is actually not a good thing. When you are taking soy iso you should avoid all soys during that time as well. I know there are lots of posts about alternatives to soy for vegitarians, you should check it out. Im sorry I dont know exactly what it effects by having soy on a constant basis but I have always just been told to avoid it.. well except when taking soy iso for the 5 CD's for TTC...

I did 200mg CD 3-7 this cycle and will test agian tomm. am ... crossing fingers and toes here !!
    Me: 33 DH: 29
    DS: July 2002
    DD: October 2010
    DD2: August 2012

Thanks

I promised myself that I would not be one of those people that get their BFP, and then don't share your story on here to give other women hope. I have PCOS, I got diagnosed when I was 18. I am 28 years old, and have textbook pcos. I have struggled with infertility and been "trying" actively with my husband for almost 10 years. We have done a round of clomid with no success. I had TERRIBLE side effects from the clomid. Well I am shocked, and surprised to say: I just got my BFP at 9DPO. I got a faint line on days 8 and 9 on the dollarstore tests, so on day 9 I took a first response digital and got a YES+....which lead me to rush out and buy a clearblue digital, and I peed on that one right away *without holding my urine for 4 hours and it showed up after 3 minutes (pregnant 1-2 weeks). I almost fell off the toilet!!! I took Soy for the first time on days 3-7. 180mg all days except 200mg on day 7. I had an HSG test done, which showed open tubes with no problems last month so I don't know if that helped. Either way....it happened. It actually happened!!! So all you women out there struggling with PCOS and feeling hopeless like I did, I recommend trying the soy for one or two cycles first. I had side effects from the soy, headaches, and my CM was very insignificant (I usually have no problems in that department). I tracked my basal temp, and used OPK's this month as well. The day of and after ovulation I sat with my hips angled, and took a nap...so I was immobile for quite awhile. Also my cervical position was low and medium until 4 days before my period was due, and then all of a sudden it shifted up *almost unreachable* and was angled. I had almost period like cramps from ovulation until the day before my period was due. I had slightly sore breasts, but nothing worse than I usually experience.