Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Cramps right AFTER ovulation

I'm 23 and was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 17 due to VERY irregular periods. I've been on and off bc for the last 2 years trying to track whether or not I can ovulate naturally without clomid or anything, about a year ago I did it with the First Response opk and NOTHING for 8 months (also let it be known that in all of my tracking I NEVER got a positive)! I went back on bc up until last month. I got my period April 15th while on bc and haven't taken it since. My husband I would like ttc soon so I also started taking Lydia Pinkham around that time and started tracking ovulation with first response again. I stopped the pinkham after the first week and got a positive lh surge tue. afternoon! (tue. morning was neg.) I had sex on both Monday, Tue and Wed. and on Tue. I had some slight cramping, nothing major at all. Now on friday apprx. 3 days after ovulation I am having a lot of cramping. I already ovulated so I know it isn't ovulation cramps and it is too soon to be implantation cramps so I'm a little worried. It hurts a lot when I squat or sit, the pain isn't unbearable but it is more than just ov cramps, more like af cramps. Also, my nipples are so sensitive, it hurts to even put my bra on!

Has anyone ever experienced this? I'm not sure if my body is just in overdrive because I haven't ovulated is so long or if it an early sign of possible pregnancy or something I should be concerned about.

Thanks

If it was this tuesday its wayyyy to early for implantion. IMO I would say its from Oing. Cause when I o'd if I did I had horrible cramps the day of and some for a few days later and then after the cramps stopped I became very sore. So it may just be soreness IMO

Hope that helped some
    Kate
    Gabriel Isaac Rafael
    5lbs 7.3ozs 17.5ins
    7:42 pm

Registered User brittany&brian_ttc's Avatar
    Thanks

In my experience I had no pain during ovulation which I believe happened on Thursday April 30th (I had IUI this day) . But by Monday, just 4 days past ovulation, I began having cramps. I just had a feeling it was implantion cramps (much like af cramps but way too soon for that) and low back pain. I knew 4 days seemed a little early but thats when it started. Turns out I am pregnant. So I think every person is different. In my case I feel like it was implantation. The only way to know is wait and take a pregnancy test. Ive never been pregnant and so I didnt know what that was supposed to feel like but I had a good hunch I might be the week before I ever tested. Good luck to you!!!
    Hidden Content

Me 27 DH 29
    TTC Since Jan 08
    5 Rounds of clomid up to 150 mg. No success
    Break for 4 months/ BCP
    Round 1 Femara with IUI and Metformin 500mg, prenatal vitamins-PREGNANT!
    _____
    Addison & Hallie born 12-30-09 at 37weeks
    Addison 4lbs, 18 in long
    Hallie 4lbs 7oz, 18 in long

Thanks

Thanks guys! I still have the pains but they are getting more and more dull, here's hoping!

Thanks

I ovulated last month, the first that I had ever known about... and i had the same thing after O up until a couple days before AF. I was miserable for 2 weeks with horrible symptoms. If I hadn't known better I would have thought it was pregnancy but I knew that's not what it was.
    Char: 30 Rob: 35❤

TTC after 2 year break
    3 Rounds of Soy - All O w/BFN
    1st Round Clomid - No O

Thanks

LJ-I usually get O cramps on and off from the day I ovulate until a couple days before my AF. I think everyone is different. But it could be a sign of pregnancy too-I hope it is for you. Baby Dust!
    Me: 30, no issues
    DH: 33, no issues Hidden Content
    DX: "Unexplained Infertility"
    TTC #1 since 7/07, HSG: all clear
    3 cycles of Gonal F w/IUI, all BFN Hidden Content

IVF #1-May June

6/15/09: 5 day transfer of 2 beautiful blasts
    6/21/09 BFP!! Hidden Content
    Beta 10dp5dt: 239
    Beta 12dp5dt: 586
    We're finally pregnant!! Hidden Content

Thanks

Thanks for the advice everyone, the cramps are going away as the day continues.

Thanks

i have the exact same symptoms as you have. FF indicates i O'd on Thursday CD18. 3 days later i'm having cramps and my nipples are so sensitive even now. I hope it's pg symptoms, but i don't want to get my hopes up...it can also be the Progesterone after ovulating...from what i heard from the other ladies on here. I'm still praying for a BFP though.

Keep us posted!
    Eyme (32) & Jay (33)
    TTC since April 2008
    HSG all clear * July/10 - Ovarian Drilling
    *Apr/09 - Mar/13 Femara 7.5mg - O'd = BFN
    *Apr/13 - Oct/13 TTC break (screwed up my cycle)
    *Nov/13 Femara 7.5 mg, 1500mg Metformin

Praying for my BFP Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

"...Let GO, and Let GOD..."

Thanks

They're probably nothing...I ALWAYS cramp from about 3DPO up until AF shows. Good luck.

Thanks

When I woke up yesterday (7dpo) the cramps were gone but around 6dpo I started to feel like I'm getting a cold or something. I'm getting a lot of hot flashes and at 7 dpo and today (8 dpo) I am so tired despite my 8 hours sleep at night AND 3 hour naps during the day, I think it is just a combination of early PMS and getting sick, well see!

Thanks

Are you on Clomid?

My first month of ovulation I felt the exact same way. I really thought it was it because I was falling asleep on the couch at like 6pm and was getting major hot flashes all month. It really sucked. In my experience all Clomid and AF symptoms mimic pregnancy so I don't get my hopes up.

Thanks

With my last pregnancy I told the doctor that I thought I was just ovulating when I went in for a pap but I asked for a pg test anyways because it was quite a few weeks since I had my last period (which is normal for me). The nurse and doctor came in at the same time to tell me I was pregnant! Sadly the pregnancy ended in a m/c but I couldn't tell the difference between O'ing and pg. It kinda felt like a stitch in my side from what I remember. My fingers are crossed for you that this is your month.
    DH 32 & Me 28
    TTC#1 since January 2007
    Mom to 2 baby angels
    Dx with PCOS in March 2009
    HSG May 2009- all clearHidden Content
    May 2009 - Soy 100mg May 2009- no O - BUST!
    June 24 - first round of Clomid -O'd but BFN
    July 24 - starting 2nd round of 50mg Clomid Hidden Content

Thanks

I'm not on clomid. I'm not on anything at all. I took Lydia Pinkham earlier in the month and it is my first month off of birth control but that is it. In the past where I came off bc I never ovulated so this is all very unusual for me!

Thanks

I have been having really bad menstrual like cramps for the past two nights at around 4 am, it feel like really bad menstrual cramps and they last for about 5- 10 min and then just disappear ????

Adry
    Hidden Content

Me-24
    DH-41
    150iu Gonal F+ HCG+IUIx2
    HSG-Both Clear
    GOD IS GOOD
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Registered User brittany&brian_ttc's Avatar
    Thanks

I cant wait to find out if you girls are pregnant. SOunds just like what happened to me. It was confirmed for me today that I am expecting twins!!!! Got to see 2 heartbeats! Good luck girls!!!
    Hidden Content

Me 27 DH 29
    TTC Since Jan 08
    5 Rounds of clomid up to 150 mg. No success
    Break for 4 months/ BCP
    Round 1 Femara with IUI and Metformin 500mg, prenatal vitamins-PREGNANT!
    _____
    Addison & Hallie born 12-30-09 at 37weeks
    Addison 4lbs, 18 in long
    Hallie 4lbs 7oz, 18 in long