Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default ??Taking Metformin in the form of a Topical Cream??

In the June 22nd edition of PCOS Health Review newsletter, Dr. Nancy Dunn ND newsletter, the idea is put forth that Metformin might be taken as a Topical Cream - here is a link: http://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/news83.html#sec2

The main advantage is supposed to be related to the stomach upset that oral Metformin often causes.

It says that your doctor has to write the prescription to a compounding pharmacy (not all doctors are enthusiastic about prescribing things that have to be compounded) - I sort of assume that this maybe a more expensive option since compounded RX's may be more expensive since they are creating a custom RX for you and because my expereince at least has been that health insurance does not help with the cost of couponded RX's.

I guess the real question is how well a topic metformin cream might work for PCOS and Insulin Resistance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    In the June 22nd edition of PCOS Health Review newsletter, Dr. Nancy Dunn ND newsletter, the idea is put forth that Metformin might be taken as a Topical Cream - here is a link: http://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/news83.html#sec2

The main advantage is supposed to be related to the stomach upset that oral Metformin often causes.

It says that your doctor has to write the prescription to a compounding pharmacy (not all doctors are enthusiastic about prescribing things that have to be compounded) - I sort of assume that this maybe a more expensive option since compounded RX's may be more expensive since they are creating a custom RX for you and because my expereince at least has been that health insurance does not help with the cost of couponded RX's.
    I guess the real question is how well a topic metformin cream might work for PCOS and Insulin Resistance.

I just read the same article and was about to post it here before I saw your thread :-}

I wonder if it does work, has anyone tried it ??

I tried Met (pill form) for only a few days and I can't begin to tell you the GI issues I had, I don't want to get into TMI, but I had to stop immediately.

Thanks

Default topical metformin

hey everyone
    I'm also thinking about this topical metformin
    Im looking for information but cant find much !
    i would love to try it , since i tried the pills and couldnt tolerate the side effects ..
    thank u