Thanks

Default Randomly gaining weight?

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this. I started South Beach in October 2008 and lost 25 lb very quickly. I've been on phase 2 for a long time and recently I gained 5 lbs back for seemingly no reason at all. I've actually gone back to phase 1 and it's still not coming off. Any tips? I do exercise! Not sure what is going on! It's so frustrating!! Thanks!
    Stacey Hidden Content Happy wife to Rick and Mama to Jacob Hidden Content and Noel Hidden Content and new baby Joanna 10/07 Hidden Content after a long year of TTC and two m/c's along the way...

Thanks

Well, it is entirely possible to plateau on any weight loss regimen. However, keep in mind that muscle weighs MORE than fat. SO..... It is possible that you are gaining muscle mass, not fat, and that is why going back to phase 1 won't help you shed the pounds. Hope that helps!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Your post was kind of light on details, so there's no way to even give a 'ball park' on what could be happening.

If the weight came on seemingly overnight, it's probably water weight (muscle mass - especially 5 pounds of it - doesn't appear overnight ):

http://www.soulcysters.net/article-w...nt-out-218959/

Thanks

It's not muscle mass. My pants and capris don't fit well anymore. It seems to be concentrated around my middle. I look pregnant but I know I'm not. I'm drinking a ton of water and exercising. How can I get rid of the weight if it is water weight??

It was a "gain 5 lbs instantly" thing though. It was over a couple of weeks and now it's just not budging!
    Stacey Hidden Content Happy wife to Rick and Mama to Jacob Hidden Content and Noel Hidden Content and new baby Joanna 10/07 Hidden Content after a long year of TTC and two m/c's along the way...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post
    How can I get rid of the weight if it is water weight??
    Like the article says, it's normal. I wouldn't worry about for now.

If you feel there's something medically wrong, you might want to call your doctor. I used to get severe abdominal bloating, and it turns out it was due to bloating...