Thanks

Default Lipomas? or swollen "lymph nodes" in lower back?

I've had these for a few years now. They(2) are right along side of my spine in my lower back. They're sometimes uncomfortable but not really painful. They're fairly large (others can feel them) and they can move.

I was just reading that it's possibly a Lipoma (A lipoma is a benign tumor composed of fatty tissue. These are the most common form of soft tissue tumor.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipoma

Just curious if anyone knows anything about these?

Thanks

I also have one. My doctor cheked it out by palpating it but said it was a fatty tumor.

Lori

Thanks

Default Lipoma

I had a lipoma cyst about smack dab center on my stomach. I noticed it when it was tiny (pea-size). By the time it became annoying, it was probably the size of a shooter marble or one of those ginormous grapes. I could feel it rub the waist-band of my pants, and if I pressed it, it would hurt. My PCP actually removed it for me, though he was a little reluctant b/c he didn't want to leave me with a scar.

I told him I didn't care, and I didn't want to pay a dermatologist crazy money for something the insurance company would call "cosmetic" even though it was painful at times.

It took him all of maybe 30 minutes. It was just a fatty cyst, and they are benign. But if yours is by your spine, I'd be careful. If it's not too big, it might be better to get them removed before they get big enough to push on any of the spinal nerves -- that really would hurt!