Thanks

Default False Negative on HPT for PCOS Woman Common????

In a way this is me holding out hope that this isnt all in my head. We werent "actually" trying this month but then again we were not "NOT" trying either. I came off the clomid in March because of a cyst. Was told to continuing lossing weight and that would just increase my chances. I have lost 57 lbs since March 4th.

Last month I had to take provera to start AF. But since then I have been back on CD counts to see how things were going. We did BD several times during if I was to O week. CD1 was June 4th. I normally have 35 day cycles. Since probable July 3rd my breasts have been heavy and nips tingling on and off. Mild nausas feeling comes and goes starting on the 7th. Weird sleep patterns last week. I first could not sleep for the night then this weekend I took 2 naps a day and still feel tiredish. Stomach has been on the fritz and last week there was lower right abdomen cramps on and off for several days.

Yes I have have taken HPT. I have taken 6 in the last week. ALL BFN.... On CD 40 now. Still having symptoms. Is this all in my head? Shouldnt a test come up positive by now? I call doc on Friday they told me to test Sunday and call them today. It was Neg. called this morning and waiting on phone call back. I just read on google that PCOS women commonly get False Negatives on HPT until week 8-10. Any advice?
    Me-30 DH-33 Hidden Content
    Married 2001
    Diagnoised 2002
    TTC# 1 since 2007

"Miracles do happen to those who believe"

Thanks

i've never heard that, but i've never researched it much either!

but what i can tell you is that i had false negatives before. a couple of them. with my first known pregnancy i tested like 5 times in 2 weeks, i just knew deep down that something was different. i had my 1st appt w/ RE and he took bloodwork & stuff and called me later that afternoon to tell my my hcg was 417! and i had tested THAT MORNING w/ FMU, so i don't know why i got a neg reading. i also had a false negative after my first IVF cycle. so i stopped testing & just let my RE do the bloodwork!!

Thanks

I don't think it's that common, but it does happen! Good luck!
    Jenny (29) Hidden Content Chris (31)
    Baby Annalise Rosalie, born January 19, 2010 (Clomid baby) Hidden Content
    Baby Sienna Madelyn, born October 10, 2013 (IVF baby) Hidden Content

Thank God for this baby! snfr02chic's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know that it's a PCOS thing or not, but I know that my mother tested BFN all during all 3 of her pregnancies...even so much as that with her first they did a HPT even at the dr. and it was negative, so they did surgery to figure out what her stomach was from and accidentally aborted her first baby. So with me and my brother she had blood work done, but just to try she tried several times through both pregnancies and she always got a negative...so for me, I will have bloodwork done, no question if I think something is truly up.
    Me 30
    Survivor of domestic abuse for 11 years....I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
    And I WILL raise my boys to repsect their women, starting with me!!!
    DXD August 5th, 2005

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

I don't know anything about the false negatives but I did want to congratulate you on loosing all that weight so quickly!!!
    ME-Emily (26) Hidden Content DH-Greg(28)
    Married 11/20/2004
    DX March 2006 TTC since May 07

June 4, 2010- 1st ever BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 6/4/10 @ 14dpiui- 126
    Beta #2 6/6/10 @ 16dpiui- 268 p4- 10.2
    1st U/S on 6/14/10- Saw the Gestational sac and Yolk sac
    2nd U/S on 6/23/10- Heard the heartbeat!! Measuring 6 weeks 4 days
    3rd U/S on 9/14/10- It's a BOY!!!
    EDD 2/12/11

Hidden Content

Thanks

Thank you all for responding. I have a doc appt tomorrow afternoon for blood test and an exam. I know my body well enough to know something is up just dont know what. I hope it is a positive or easy fix if I am not prego. Has anyone had all these symptoms before for 2 weeks and not been? This is so weird to me...
    Married 2001
    Diagnoised 2002
    TTC# 1 since 2007

Thanks

Okay. Today is my appointment with the doc. I am still having all the above symptoms that have continued the last two weeks. But again NEG on the HPT this morning. I googled False Negative and PCOS and it did pop up several articles, comments about it. Has anyone on here heard of it being a common thread?
    Married 2001
    Diagnoised 2002
    TTC# 1 since 2007

Thanks

I've never ever heard of false positive and PCOS. it doesnt make sense to me anyhow because PCOS shouldnt have anything to do with production of hcg which is what HPTs tests.. I do know that some tests are not as sensitive as others though..

As far as testing and PCOS, I only know of fasle positives on OPKs bacause some PCOS women (not even the majority) have naturally elevated LH levels so will always get positive on the OPKs

anyway good luck and baby dust and i hope you ae one of those that get the fase negative HPT...
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

For I know the plans I have for you, says the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jer 29:11
    Me-32, DH-33

Zara -
    Sept 2009, 7lb 4oz, 21in
    Zac - Aug 2011, 7lb 2oz, 20in

Thank God for this baby! snfr02chic's Avatar
    Thanks

Let us know how it goes Starrlight
    Me 30
    Survivor of domestic abuse for 11 years....I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
    And I WILL raise my boys to repsect their women, starting with me!!!
    DXD August 5th, 2005

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

Hey -

Just checking in to see if you found out anything at your appt? That's interesting if PCOS is responsible for false negatives.. I guess I never researched it before! Hope you got the answers you needed and news you wanted!
    Hidden Content Dating my better half since June 2012
    Metformin ER 500MG, 1X a day
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

Here is the update- I went in for the appt. on Wednesday and really got no answers except lets do some test (blood, ultrasound, urine) and find out what is going on. I did ask the doc about my research and she said that it was possible to get a false negative and that all the ones she had experienced were PCOS patients. Just and FYI for yall.

I then went in on Friday for the ultrasound and got basically my answer... HA HA
    I am ovulating!! This is probable the first time in my life that I am doing on my own. There was even a follicule on my right ovary. When I asked the nurse what in the world then was going on with my body and why I was feeling all of the random crazy things. Her explanation was that my body was trying to process all of the unknown hormones. She said just like when you are pregnant your body processes the HCG and gives all the prego symptoms..... that is what my body was doing but with the estrogen and all the others at the correct level for the first time. I have to say next to being prego that was the best news. I go back in on the 29th to actually talk to the doc and go back over test results.
    Married 2001
    Diagnoised 2002
    TTC# 1 since 2007