Thanks

Exclamation Best contraceptive

I was diagnosed with PCOS last year and have all of the hated symptoms-unwanted hairgrowth (entire body, including torso and face), acne, terrible cramps, and longer, heavier periods. I have been on birth control pills since I was about 15 years old (I'm 22 now), but was only diagnosed last year when I thought I was pregnant and got an ultrasound. I was taking the generic for Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo, but when I complained about the hairgrowth and acne, my obgyn gave me 2 months free samples of Yaz. I loved it!!! I noticed weight loss, less hair growth, no acne at all, and short periods. Problem is, it is so expensive and can't afford it. I know that Yasmine is supposed to be similar and the generic for it is a little cheaper, but still costly. Can anybody give me any suggestions??? How can I get all of the benefits of Yaz without paying so much for it?

Thanks

I'm not sure where you live, or your situation, but in our area BCP can be obtained from the county heath department for fractions of the pharmacy price. Ours usually has the newer meds and specific ones can be requested. Otherwise, you could call your physician's office and ask if they have any samples. The worst they can do is tell you no...

Also, I was recently on Femcon Fe, and the company offered a year's supply for free with the purchase of the first month. You could also check with the manufacturer to see if they offer something similar.

Good luck!