Thanks

Default Follistim and Ovary Pain

Hello, everyone. Have a question. I have my last Follistim injection tonight with U/S tomorrow. I've been taking 75 IUI each night for six days.

Maybe just a little nervous about overstimming, but I know I have a pretty good ovary and one "not so good". I'm having pain on the right side. Kinda like cyst pain.

Question: Has anyone had problems with Follistim and ovary pain? If you did have pain, did you overstim??

Or maybe just really nervous with u/s tomorrow?

Thanks!

Mendy Bray 34
    DH Kevin 34 Married 1/2002
    Dx with PCOS at age 19
    IR dx 2007
    TTC since 2004
    Glumetza XR 2500mg
    Baby Aspirin
    Prenatal Vitamin
    Lexapro
    Ambien
    Three Fur Babies--Baby (13 year old Pom) Coal (3 year old Pom) and George (5 year old Dachsund)Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

yes i went thru this 2 weeks ago.. i had soooo many follicles my RE told me I should be an egg donor. i started to feel heaviness in my lower stomach, and as i remember like u said, it felt like when i had cysts on my ovaries. i felt the pain when i walked.. it was kinda funny bc i went shopping with my friends and i felt the pain as we were walking shop to shop and i kept saying "ohhh my eggs are killing me" and theyre like lol wtf??? but yeah, considering that i had too many follicles i didnt get to use the hcg.. then this week here comes AF.. sucks..
    12/08: changed gyn bc I knew SOMETHING was wrong and he wasnt paying any attention to my worries... new gyno found cysts.. put me on bcp's.
    1/09: off bcps.. first time spotting 2 days before AF??.. started 50 mg clomid cd5-9.... BFN
    2/09-5/09: 100 mg clomid.. BFN
    6/09: Vitex for a month.. cleared spotting
    7/09: 100 mg of clomid cd 3-7, 300 IU Follistim cd8.. cancelled hcg.. prometrium ....
    8/09: Unexpected AF 10 days early?? :-(

Thanks

I also got some pain after using Follistim but in my case as well I had 5 follicles growing. I wasnt sure if it was ovulation pain or due to the meds. Good luck!

Thanks

If you are a small person and you have multiple follicles about to ovulate then you may have pain. also your ovaries will get bigger with with drug stimulation. it will all go away about a week after you ovulate. You don't have cysts until after you ovulate. Also, you will feel more going on down there if you are a petite person.