Thanks

Default Withdrawal bleed after Provera?

I was wondering how long the withdrawal bleed last after taking Provera?

I had a D&C on June 1st and didn't get my period back so I started Provera on August 3 - 12th. The withdrawal bleed started on August 15th and hasn't stopped yet. Today is the 7th day and it's still a steady flow. It seems like the bleeding gets lighter at night, but when I wake up in the morning it's much heavier. My periods prior to the D&C used to last around 7 days, but days 4 -7 would be mostly light spotting.

Should I start taking iron supplements to help stop the bleeding?

Thanks

I had a long AF this month too... like almost 8 days, then one morning i woke up and it was just gone.. I had NO spotting, I was either HEAVY or it was gone...

Thanks

With the Provera withdrawal bleed, it's lasted anywhere from 4 to 9 days for me. There was one month where I didn't stop bleeding from the withdrawal and had to take another dose of Provera to stop AF. If it's still heavy in a day or two, call your doctor and see what he/she says.
    Heather-32Hidden Content DH-32
    1 DD-Isabella Joy, born July 28, 2010
    Blogs:Hidden Content and Hidden Content

Thanks

Typically 4-5 days for me, same as w/ BCP. Only "different" AF I had was the first (and only) I got with Femaprin, and that was an actual period, not a w/d bleed. So I think it's possible to have different "kinds" of periods if you will, and since you're comparing a real AF and a w/d bleed, I agree w/ WifeyC - give it a few more days before you call the doc.
    BFP 10/18/10 on 1st round of injects - ended in chem pg
    BFP 11/21/10 on 2nd round of injects - perfect little boy! 5:27 p.m. on 8/10/11 @ 41w
    Surprise BFP on 1/12/12 - ended in chem pg or m/c

Hidden Content