Thanks

Default Babies-R-Us: Wish List to Registry

Okay - I'm pathetic, but I LOVE looking on Babies-R-Us (as Im sure many of us do) and dreaming of all the fun things I'd register for if I EVER got my BFP. Now, does anyone know if I were to create a "wish list" can I transfer that over to a "registry" if I were to get a BFP?? I want to have some way of keeping track of my favorite things since I'm spending the time looking.

Anyone else have "wish lists," but no BFP's? I feel so rediculous, but I can't help but look!
    Me 27, DH 27
    Married 1.17.09
    BFP (after 2+ years of trying) 10.19.10!!
    Jaeleigh Born 7.7.11

PNV's

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

its not rediculous at all,i love to look for the things i would buy when i finally get my bfp.im not sure how to get it from the wish list to the registry.
    good luck hope,i hope you get your bfp soon.xx
    natalie
    Hidden Content
    pcos.
    uterus didelphys.
    double cervix.
    left tube blocked.

my chart: Hidden Content

Thanks

You aren't alone. I have wish lists at a couple different registries. I just don't use my real name or public e-mail so no one finds it lol
    Cheri (28) Hidden Content Dave (40)
    TTC 8 years
    dx PCOS June '09 Metformin 1000mg daily
    04/26/02 Devin Thomas stillborn @ 17w5d
    04/21/07 m/c @ 6 weeks
    10/18/07 m/c @ 9 weeks
    02/29/08 Trent Michael stillborn @ 17w4d
    05/23/09 m/c @ 9 weeks
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Not crazy at all...especially since it's really good to be educated in the things that you will need. You don't want to just pick the first things you see for a baby. Too many things recalled and whatnot.
    I actually picked a bouncer for my registry then had a friend look over my online registry. She informed me that the one I picked her mother in law actually owned and her daughter would slip out of it. So I changed my choice.

I have registries at both Babies r us and Target, but the majority of things are at Target. Way more affordable and convienent for people...the same friend said that she got practically nothing off her babies r us registry. Just an FYI.
    Haley ♥♥♥♥ married to my love since 11.29.08
    SAHM to peanut 02.01.10 & pumpkin 05.25.11 &
    Surprise #3 expected January 2013!
    Hidden Content

Have my first pumpkin! winddrop's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Once my DH and I finally decided to start TTC I went and created a registry on Babies R Us. Full on registery. I used my name but not a lot of info and put the latest due date possible. I also chose another state just in case. ;-)
    But I didn't find all the things I wanted so I also created ANOTHER registry at Target.

But this comes from the person that looks for early ads for Black Friday so I can start planning where we have to shop that day and what we are looking for.

For me, it's all about the planning and research. LOVE IT.
    I went back recently and changed things around after I got more ideas from going to my Cousins baby shower.

Questions for the other weirdos like me: Did you choose a specific theme, color, hoping for a boy/girl? I justify it as manifesting my future. Can't hurt. :-P
    If we want to share our registery with each other, mine is 86302686.
    I figure that we would have the best registries since we have more time to think about it and plan!
    Kari (37), DH (36)Hidden Content ; TTC#2 9/13
    DS 11/2011
    Meds: Met, Synthrod
    *Detailed past treatment history in profile

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug2867 View Post
    You aren't alone. I have wish lists at a couple different registries. I just don't use my real name or public e-mail so no one finds it lol

Oooo. Good idea! I'll just use a fake name! I'll have to come up with a different email though. I've never done that.
    Me 27, DH 27
    Married 1.17.09
    Jaeleigh Born 7.7.11

PNV's

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

Winddrop - good ideas. If/when I create mine, I'll definitely share! I don't know that I'd pick a theme or boy/girl. I was just thinking of going through and chosing something for each so I have an idea for both. I don't know that I'd even keep those things on there since I do not want to find out what I'm having when I get my BFP. I'll have to choose registry items that work for either gender.

As for Babies-R-Us vs. Target, I live where the nearest of EITHER is 1 hour. Lucky me. I haven't decided on the different places I'd register at. Most of my family lives about an hour from me, which actually puts the nearest BRU or Target 2 hours for them. lol Those might be convienent for the people that want to order online. As for local, I may add a cute little baby store here in town or maybe even Wal-mart (in town for the family, yet about 30 minutes from where I live). We'll see. Right now, I just kind of want to play around and have fun looking at the baby things!
    Me 27, DH 27
    Married 1.17.09
    Jaeleigh Born 7.7.11

PNV's

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by winddrop View Post
    Once my DH and I finally decided to start TTC I went and created a registry on Babies R Us. Full on registery. I used my name but not a lot of info and put the latest due date possible. I also chose another state just in case. ;-)
    But I didn't find all the things I wanted so I also created ANOTHER registry at Target.

But this comes from the person that looks for early ads for Black Friday so I can start planning where we have to shop that day and what we are looking for.

For me, it's all about the planning and research. LOVE IT.
    I went back recently and changed things around after I got more ideas from going to my Cousins baby shower.

Questions for the other weirdos like me: Did you choose a specific theme, color, hoping for a boy/girl? I justify it as manifesting my future. Can't hurt. :-P
    If we want to share our registery with each other, mine is 86302686.
    I figure that we would have the best registries since we have more time to think about it and plan!

I started buying my baby stuff thinkging it wouldn't be hard to get pregnant. I picked a nursery set that I liked that could go either way. The other stuff I bought was non gender related. By the time I became pregnant, I already had my complete nursery set, the crib, severl outfits, diaper bag and some other things. Now i'm kinda glad that I bought all of that stuff because I can sped more money in other areas. Now I just buy the items that I need that doesnt' depend on gender.

I don't think its bad at all to start looking at baby things. For me, it helped me to stay focus on the reason I was doing what I was doing. TTC will take a huge impact on everyone involved and it is easy to get discouraged with the process. Creating a wish list puts things in perspective and reminds you why you take the shots or have to keep a daily log on temps. The outside world may think its crazy but I think its perfectly fine!
    Baby Alexander is here!!
    Born 2 weeks early
    Feb 4,2010
    9lbs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mandee1005 View Post
    By the time I became pregnant, I already had my complete nursery set, the crib, severl outfits, diaper bag and some other things.
    You have to think, it's not a bad investment. I KNOW I will have a baby. If not actually carry one, I will adopt, so whatever I purchase will eventually get used. Thing is for me, DH isn't too keen on spending money when it isn't necessary right now. I have to agree to a point. We're remodeling our home (and considering moving depending on jobs), so we're putting a lot of money into that and for us, that is taking priority over baby items at this time.

I DO state, in an asking kind of way, that I want to buy baby things, but he just says, "we don't have a baby yet." I'm okay with that - not buying yet. I do want to see our bathroom get done! I do have some baby clothes - for each gender. Just a few random items. I worked at K-mart for a very short time between jobs, more or less for something to do. I would see all the sales and often times they would sell last seasons baby/kids items for SUPER cheap - I'm saying I saw SO many super cute things go through the line for $1!! So, I bought some. I just couldn't pass it up! Plus it just gives me something to look at once in a while - hanging in one of our spare closets. Again, I know that I'll eventually use them someday! (Plus, if I ever run out of time for purchasing a baby shower gift, I know I have some super cute items hanging in my closet!) lol
    Me 27, DH 27
    Married 1.17.09
    Jaeleigh Born 7.7.11

PNV's

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

stick little bean!!!! jenNICUnp's Avatar
    Thanks

I too have created a wish list at babies r us...I don't know if there is a way to convert the wish list into a registry, but I imagine so... I am so glad I'm not the only one who does this!!! I have even bought a few things that I have seen on clearance, gender neutral clothes, blankets etc. Like others have said, I know I will eventually use the stuff one way or another.

Good luck to everyone!
    Jen(33) DH(34) dx 2008
    2008/2009: BFP 9th round Clomid/IUI!! Hidden Content
    Andrew Michael born 5/16/10 @ 40 and 4/7 weeks 8lbs. 9.5 oz. 21" long
    Hidden Content

2012:
    BFP 3rd round Clomid/trigger/IUI!! Hidden Content
    Ian Russell born 12/18/12 @ 40 and 5/7 weeks8lbs 7.5 oz. 20.75" long
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content