Thanks

Default Anyone tried MACA for Recurrent Miscarriages???

I was reading about Maca and saw that there are several mentions that it helps prevent miscarriage, but couldn't find any statistics or anything more than it just being mentioned as something that is helpful.

Has anyone with recurrent pregnancy losses tried this? Or has anyone heard anything more about it or know anyonw who used it???

Thanks!
    Jen
    Me - Jen(36), DH - Joe(47), Married April 7, 2007
    BFP 10/08(m/c), BFP 03/09(m/c), BFP 05/09(m/c), BFP 9/10 - Boy! Garrett Randall born 5/12/11
    TTC#2 since 3/13: BFP 6/13(m/c), BFP 1/2/14... hb seen on 1/21. HOPING IT STICKS!!!!!

PCOS + Anti-phospholipid Antibodies, Thrombophilia, Prolactinomas, MTHFR (hetero)
    Taking: Multivitamin, Omega 3s, D3, B6, BA, Progesterone, Metformin, Lovenox, lots of others...
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

WOW i can't believe that nobody has said anything.Well what is maca?
    Me(28)Hidden Content Dh(43)
    Three daughters age 11,12,13 years old by DH and I have one son who's 10 years old.No kids together yet. Two angel babies..I have PCOS.

Thanks

Bump! Anyone???
    BFP 10/08(m/c), BFP 03/09(m/c), BFP 05/09(m/c), BFP 9/10 - Boy! Garrett Randall born 5/12/11
    TTC#2 since 3/13: BFP 6/13(m/c), BFP 1/2/14... hb seen on 1/21. HOPING IT STICKS!!!!!

PCOS + Anti-phospholipid Antibodies, Thrombophilia, Prolactinomas, MTHFR (hetero)
    Taking: Multivitamin, Omega 3s, D3, B6, BA, Progesterone, Metformin, Lovenox, lots of others...

Tribbles on board AnotherDreamer's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know anything about MACA, but I see you do having clotting disorders... but I don't see anything about Lovenox or Heparin in your siggy so I don't know if your doctor talked to you about this.

With those clotting disorders, injectable blood thinners in pregnancy may help you to carry to term.

I don't know about MACA, or any drug interaction, I wish I could help you there. But I wish you luck in your search

Best wishes.
    Stephanie 29 & DH 28 :: Hidden Content
    Miscarriages: 5/08, 3/09, 11/09
    4 years & injects/IUI= DS 12/11
    injects/IUI= DD twins born 06/14
    "If you're going through hell, keep going." --Winston Churchill
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Fletcher's Mommy! JoyannaWants2BaMommy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

i don't know about anything from personal exp but there is a lady on this site that has videos, and stuff about it and other fertility herbs, and sells stuff. there is also a forum that you can ask her questions and she will answer. HTH

http://natural-fertility-info.com

http://www.natural-fertility-info.com/discuss/]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherDreamer View Post
    but I don't see anything about Lovenox or Heparin in your siggy so I don't know if your doctor talked to you about this.

With those clotting disorders, injectable blood thinners in pregnancy may help you to carry to term.
    My RE wanted to put me on Lovenox, but I almost passed out when I saw the needles... so we're going to try one pregnancy with just aspirin, Wobenzym-N, EFA and NPC first. The effectiveness of aspirin started early is almost as high as the Lovenox, so we figure we'll give it a shot and see. And I may change my mind when we actually get there next cycle... he gave us the box of Lovenox in case I do. If I do that I think we'll stop all of the natural treatments but NPC since there isn't any research on them interacting with the Lovenox.