Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Default Natural remedies for hirsutism?

Does anyone know of supplements, tea, herbs, anything that can naturally slow or reverse hirsutism? Everything Iíve read on the meds usually prescribed for PCOS or even for hirsutism that occurs for unidentified reasons (what do you call that?) is mostly unpromising. What with the side-effects and the cost...: (
    Any help would be very truly appreciated.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I recomend starting with Myo-Inositol, scince there has been a study done on that and hirsutism.

Spearmint tea is also good.

Some women have had sucsess with d-chiro inositol also. I have minimal facial hair, but with DCI, I have noticed it is growing much slower. I just started the Myo-I.

The myo-Inositol is very cheap. The powder is the easiest way to take it also, it tastes sweet and it is very light.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18854115 study link
    Last edited by herbsgirl; 09-07-2009 at 09:49 AM.
    Losing wieght down to a healthy weight by counting bites
    Hidden Content
    my wieght loss vlog
    Hidden Content

Reached my goal weight in 18 weeks!!! Went from 218.2 lbs to 149.8 lbs!! 68.4 lbs lost! Click on link above and feel free to ask me any questions about counting bites ect for weight loss!

Thanks

Hi herbsgirl -
    Where do you buy the Myo-Inositol? I haven't seen it anywhere. I buy all my herbs at Walmart or Rite Aid. I'm really into herbs lately. They've done wonders for my hirsutism!! They make the hairs that have been ingrown forever come thru the surface so I can finally pluck them! Is that what they do for you and others too?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmayla View Post
    Hi herbsgirl -
    Where do you buy the Myo-Inositol? I haven't seen it anywhere. I buy all my herbs at Walmart or Rite Aid. I'm really into herbs lately. They've done wonders for my hirsutism!! They make the hairs that have been ingrown forever come thru the surface so I can finally pluck them! Is that what they do for you and others too?
    Myo-Inositol is the fancy name for regular Inositol supplements. I bought this...
    http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas...227-g/126?at=0

But you can also buy at Vitacost.com and Luckyvitamin.com

Capsules or powder.
    http://www.iherb.com/Healthy-Origins...27-g/4780?at=0
    http://www.vitacost.com/Natures-Way-Inositol

I dont have alot of ingrown hairs on my face, so I cant speak for that, but the DCI has definatly made my hairs grow slower, I started it the first part of July sometime. Also, I just started the Myo-I.
    Losing wieght down to a healthy weight by counting bites
    Hidden Content
    my wieght loss vlog
    Hidden Content

Reached my goal weight in 18 weeks!!! Went from 218.2 lbs to 149.8 lbs!! 68.4 lbs lost! Click on link above and feel free to ask me any questions about counting bites ect for weight loss!

Thanks

Okay - thanks. Herbs also make the dark hairs turn white, I've noticed.

Thanks

Has anyone else noticed their ingrowns finally coming thru the surface, and dark hairs turning white? What have herbs done for your hirsutism? I mean others besides herbsgirl?

Thanks

I havenít been using herbs long enough to tell. Iíve been taking three Saw palmetto capsules a day and some chaste tree, too, for about two weeks but have noticed no difference. Iím so lost in this whole thing.

Does anyone know if certain herbs, such as saw palmetto could make hirsutism worse? Iíve heard it lowers estrogen levels along with androgen...

Thanks

I'm excited to try this! Please keep us posted!

Thanks

Inositol helped my moods also. It is cheap and it has no side effects that I observed, I must carry on taking it as I stopped years ago due to pregnancy etc

I was wondering if it interacted with anything Im taking at the moment....thats the only problem....
    Symptoms of PCOS since 12 years old

Hidden Content D1 Jasmin born June 2008 -conceived with inositol + hyponidd + vitamin D + Cinnamon
    Hidden Content DD2 Aliyah born November 2010 - conceived with licorice + peony + inositol + vitamin D

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pearl1981 For This Useful Post:

zaza8 (08-23-2012)

Thanks

Default Chasteberry and Saw Palmetto

I have been dealing with facial hair and excess hair for about 16 years. After doing some research on Estrogen Dominance I decided to try Chaste Tree (Vitex) and Saw Palmetto.

I have been taking Chaste Tree at 440mg (Oregon's Wild Harvest) for about 4 weeks. I added Saw Palmetto at 585mg (Nature's Way 2x a day) almost 2 weeks ago.

I shave daily and have since I was about 16. Before the herbs, I could shave and have slight stubble within 10-12 hours and VERY OBVIOUS stubble within 24 hours. I had noticed it seemed to be growing faster than ever and would be about almost a 1/2 centimeter long (or more) each morning.

After the herbs, I can see a dramatic reduction in the rate of growth. The hair is coming in much slower and I wake up to the amount of stubble I was seeing basicly after work. In such a short period of time, after all this time... it feels like a miracle! I have high hopes that this will reduce even more, then maybe I can stop wearing the MF Panstick makeup that breaks my chin area out!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tinastiletto For This Useful Post:

J&JFLORES (08-23-2012)

Thanks

I am starting week 2 of taking the Saw Palmetto. After my Aunt sent me a clipping out of Womans World. This is what the article says:

Saw Palmetto erases unwanted facial hair!
    As you know, saw palmetto, used by Florida's Seminole Indians, can cut your husband's risk of prostate problems. And research shows it can also be used by women to get rid of unwanted facial hair! It works be reducing dihydrotestosterone in your body-the main culprit behind female facial hair growth. It balances harmones so well, it's even been shown to help with polycystic ovary syndrome!

So week 2 into the unknown with this pill, I'm taking 1 a day @1000mg. I did notice last night when I went to use a hair remover (nair) on my neck that it was a bit of a smaller area. Not sure if it's just me hoping, or if it was really happening. My Upper lip Didn't seem like it had grown too fast compared to what it did before.

Maybe I should start taking pictures to see how it's working.

Also on another note.. I was three months late with my monthly, Guess what, I started today, one week after starting to take the saw palmetto. Any coincidence? I'm not sure, but I started noticing signs 4 days after taking my first pill.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tinastiletto View Post
    I shave daily and have since I was about 16. Before the herbs, I could shave and have slight stubble within 10-12 hours and VERY OBVIOUS stubble within 24 hours. I had noticed it seemed to be growing faster than ever and would be about almost a 1/2 centimeter long (or more) each morning.

Have you ever tried waxing or hair removers? Mine seems to come in softer and not as pronounced with those, compared to shaving.

Thanks

Default Everything under the sun...

I have tried everything under the sun with the exception of Laser.
    I went through a waxing period but I have fair skin and dark, coarse hair. I tried to stick to waxing for about 6 months when I was 18 but I would have to hide out for it get long enough to wax. At 18 you don't want to hide out for that long and now with work it is completely out of the question.
    My skin is too sensitive for things like Nair and Magic shave powder, I have suffered many chemical burns due to that stuff and still the hair would be there.

I am going to try laser hair removal but it's expensive, so it'll have to wait for now.

Thanks

check out vitacost for herbs and supplements! They are really great though d-chiro-inositol isn't available readily. You can find it but it is a little bit on the expensive side though studies have shown regular inositol can work. checkout the book called The ultimate PCOS Handbook - by Colette Harris and Theresa Cheung - you can find it on amazon.com - its been a regular companion for me. I am to the point I can no longer stand shaving my face b/c its everyday - so I am looking into saw palmetto because I can't afford laser and I am worried that the hair will grow back since my hormones aren't regulated - something to consider for the future I guess. But I am looking at posts to see what everyone has to say about the Saw Palmetto. I hope you are able to find something that will work for you!!!

Thanks

I tried saw palmetto and it didnt really work, helped my acne though

So far the only thing that cleared my mans style beard was weight loss which resulted in pregnancy, and a low GI diet in pregnancy for 4 months. After the weight loss and getting pregnant the hair was gone. It was BLISS

after I gave birth it quickly came back Seeing as I cant keep getting pregnant for hair removals sake lols, I am now taking peony and licorice blend with insulin sensitisers inositol hyponidd vitamin D cinnamon and that is helping very much

bearing in mind my beard was as bad as yours I had to attack it with a combo of things....
    Symptoms of PCOS since 12 years old

Hidden Content D1 Jasmin born June 2008 -conceived with inositol + hyponidd + vitamin D + Cinnamon
    Hidden Content DD2 Aliyah born November 2010 - conceived with licorice + peony + inositol + vitamin D