Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Question Cysts popping???

Hi! My name is Bethany and I was just diagnosed with pcos two months ago, so I am just learning about this issue.

I was rushed to the e.r the other day in terrible pain. I had no idea what was going on I couldn't move I felt sick and had no idea what was going on. The Dr. told me that my cyst(s) ruptured. Has any one had this happen and any idea why it happens?

Thanks!
    ~Bethany

Thanks

I have had the same thing happen to me and was rushed to the ER. It's just another thing you have to deal with when you have PCOS.
    Me, Myself and I(28)Hidden Content Hubby(26)
    Meds: Metformin 500mg 2x day

Thanks

this has happened to me at least 4 times. The first time i didn't know what was going on with me and when i was scanned they said the cyst has ruptured. They get too full and they pop. It is a normal thing from what i have been told. The pain is like nothing i have ever experienced!

TTC#1 after ectopic Lone_Cyster's Avatar
    Thanks

i havent been to the er, but i do get horrible pain, my whole midsection gets warm and tight, its like period pain, but so much worse, could that be a cyst popping too??
    My TTC Chart - Hidden Content

I'm 26 and TTC#1 after an ectopic in April 2010.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Formerly 'angelbean' MyBabalooBean's Avatar
    Thanks

I have cysts pop too. It is a pain that shows up like a knife in the belly and goes away so quickly sometimes, I thank my lucky stars. I can feel smaller ones pop as well. Usually, I bleed after for a day or 2. Bright red blood.
    Drug regimen: Metformin 1000 mg, Celexa 80 mg, Ativan max 1 mg, Clonazepam .5 mg, Ventolin.

Not ttc. DH has had a vasectomy. We have 2 gorgeous boys, 3 and 5.Hidden Content

Thanks

yep, me too. it's only happened really bad a couple of times. i could hardly move and contemplating dialing 911. the pain subsided and i passed out after crying for about an hour. super. love pcos. good news is it's only been that painful twice in about 10 years.
    DX 6/08

Thanks

recently i had the most intense horrific pain i have ever experienced, it felt like an awful pain in my abdomen that caused me to squirm and writhe in pain, i cried and screamed bloody murder, it felt like the worse case of constipation but when I sat down, nothing came out( sorry if TMI) after about 10 minutes of screaming and crying with my horrified DH looking on helplessly, the pain went away, I probably should have gone to the hospital the pain was so intense, but i was fine the next day, about 2 days later I got my first bright red AF in a long time, it was a little heavy and lasted 8 days, anyhow, I have no idea what that was. I've never heard of the cycsts popping, wondering if that's what was happening. anyone ever experienced this?

Thanks

It is a part of pcos... but it could get dangerous, when a cyst pops, the fluid from it gets into your body, and if it is too much your body cannot handle it and the same happens as if your appendix would rupture... I almost had to change a flight once as my doc, did not want, to let me fly, because of the risk that my cysts would pop during the flight, they were really big and the risk was, that I would have to have an emergency surgery to have it claned up inside... but I took vit B shots, they make the cysts softer and it makes them dissolve slowly. The shots are a bit painful but much less than a popping cyst. I take vitB supplement at the moment and I did not have this problem for a while.

Thanks

What does the small ones feel like when they pop? How long does the pain last? Do you always bleed after they pop?

Very curious about this.
    Bless you,
    Shari Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I had a smaller one pop before, it felt like an odd cramp. (this is the only one I wasn't in horrible pain for so i could feel where it was) I knew something was wrong because it was in the wrong area. If you are standing and put your hands on your hip bones (or if you are a chubby cyster like me where you think they are) and go in about 4 fingers thats where the pain is its a little lower than cramps. I did not bleed with my lage cyst only my small one which suprised me! I am learning more about this issue and I am glad I am not alone.

Thanks

I've had 3 episodes of ruptured cysts. The first was a hemorrhagic cyst that the doctor thought was my appendix. After about an hours worth of x-rays and vaginal ultrasounds the cyst was revealed, which was about the size of my uterus. The second happened when I was at a dermatology appointment....not pretty! I was dry heaving, had diarrhea, sweating profusely and in immense pain. The last time I was at home and it was during the night. Like the others have said its the worst pain I've ever experienced and I dread the next time it happens.
    Heather, 29 years old
    Diagnosed at approximately 16-17 years of age
    Jason and I have been together since December 9, 2006 Hidden Content

Current medications:
    Loestrin 24
    Metformin XR 1000 mg daily (started 9/25/09)
    Multivitamin gummy chews

Vitamin D supplement gummy chews

Current weight: 245 lbs

Symptoms: I get my period every month whether I am on BC or not. I do not have hair loss. Pretty much everything else I have. Hidden Content

Mod of Diet and Exercise! Maddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm wondering if this is what I just experienced.

Friday I felt shivery and cold, during the night I had terrible ovary pain which felt like someone was twisting my ovaries with shooting spasm pain in my back passage together with very heavy bleeding. I had to take my tampon out because even that made the pain worse. I was crying out with the pain and have never experienced anything like it. It lasted all day saturday off and on and Sunday then suddenly disappeared taking the bleeding with it on Sunday night.

Since then I've had kidney pain and mild cystitis and today some bright red blood.
    I finally have healthy ovaries free of cysts!
    Starting a personal walking challenge for charity - 300 miles in 35 days! August - September Hidden Content

have one son, two beautiful grandsons

Thanks

I had this happen just last month at 14dpo after a Clomid cycle. It hurt sooo bad, well, it was a pain that was off and on, it would stop for a few minutes and then sharp cramping pain for a while. I also went to the ER, they did a catheter and blew up my bladdar (SOOO painful) and did a vaginal and a regular u/s...it had to be the most painful thing I have endured in my life

I
    Ashley 24 Hidden Content Ian 25

Metformin ER 500mg
    Sprintec BCP

“It is better to take many small steps in the right direction than to make a great leap forward only to stumble backward.”

Thanks

Maddy: that sounds pretty darn similar. I am sorry you've had to endure that. It's truly the worst pain ever.

Ashley1723: Wow...what an ordeal. Hope you are feeling better now!
    Heather, 29 years old
    Diagnosed at approximately 16-17 years of age
    Jason and I have been together since December 9, 2006 Hidden Content

Current medications:
    Loestrin 24
    Metformin XR 1000 mg daily (started 9/25/09)
    Multivitamin gummy chews

Vitamin D supplement gummy chews

Current weight: 245 lbs

Symptoms: I get my period every month whether I am on BC or not. I do not have hair loss. Pretty much everything else I have. Hidden Content

Thanks

I can remember the first time I had my first cyst rupture on me.. I honestly thought I was going into labor. The way the pain would come on and had me doubled over crying, then it would slowly go away.

With my PCOS I only have my monthly's about.. 4-5 times a year. Before each one it seems I have a cyst rupture issue. Then at the end about 3-4 days later I'll have mild issues. Always on the right side.

Honestly I haven't been to a doctor about this, because I don't have insurance. But I have mentioned it to him when I was at a check up one time and he did say it was more then likely a cyst rupturing.