Thanks

Question Low blood pressure, low blood sugar, and hot flashes

I always have very low blood pressure to the point of being lightheaded almost all the time.

And sometimes I have these "attacks" where I get extremely hungry, dizzy and have rapid heartbeat.

Also I get really bad hot flashes sometimes, which sometimes happen several times a day - a sudden drop in hormone levels?

Kinda strange for pcos isn't it?? Considering pcos typically shows signs of high blood pressure, insulin resistance and constantly high androgens and estrogens??

Thanks

Sounds like you may be hypoglycemic. Actually, from what I understand, hypoglycemia can actually be caused by insulin resistance. I had/have the same symptoms that you had (my b/p was 90/60 for years). After I started to eat to treat my IR, my symptoms improved and my b/p is now 110/70.

Here is a page that explains hypoglycemia. You should talk to your doctor about your symptoms.

http://www.hypoglycemia.asn.au/artic...t_is_hypo.html
    PCOS symptoms since age 11 (heavy acne & oily skin, minor weight issues & hirsutism)
    Irregular AF (38-45 days) after stopping BCP at age 29
    Dx PCOS at age 32

Paleo Diet
    Yoga, outdoor activity, and swimming

Hidden Content

Thanks

Thank you Merigreen Interesting info. It's strange, I thought hypoglycemia was the opposite of insulin resistance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dude-chick View Post
    I thought hypoglycemia was the opposite of insulin resistance.
    Hypoglycemia is the opposite of hyperglycemia, which is diabetes. Both are linked to Insulin resistance.

Hypoglycemia is low blood sugar. The "attacks" you describe are classic hypo... they probably occur a few hour after you eat.
    PCOS symptoms since age 11 (heavy acne & oily skin, minor weight issues & hirsutism)
    Irregular AF (38-45 days) after stopping BCP at age 29
    Dx PCOS at age 32

Paleo Diet
    Yoga, outdoor activity, and swimming

Hidden Content

Thanks

Hi I am IR and have those same "attacks" you are talking about. I get light-headed, can't think straight, the shakes, heart flutters, stomach burns I am so hungary, very irritated/agitated. Its hypoglycemia and it sucks! Before I was d/x I honestly believed everyone felt like that when they were hungry! I also have low blood pressure!! You aren't alone cyster!
    Dx: Dec 21, 2007, PCOS/IR
    Rx: Met 1000mg
    B12
    BCP:NONE!

!!Imma ThinCyster!!

Hidden Content Mr. and Mrs. M est. Aug. 31, 2008! Hidden Content

Thanks

I have PCOS, IR, lower blood pressure and low blood sugar. If I did not eat something every couple of hours I got headaches, sick to my stomach and sometimes light headed. I also felt hungry all the time. Now that I am on Met I feel so much better. I am not hungry all the time and don't get as many headaches (my migranes don't last as long and I don't get them as often) I have much more energy now too.
    Kellie 37 Ray 41
    TTC 3 years DX 8/2009 @ 35 yrs old
    BFP 2/15/2010
    MC 3/11/2010 7w5d Hidden Content
    BFP 9/27/10
    Girl Due 6/5/11
    Hidden Content
    Blessed are those that mourn, for they shall be comforted Matthew 5:4
    Hidden Content