Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default large clot and gushing blood while on toilet

Hello. Today is CD21 for me. It's 3:35am. I've been spotting, like normal for the past 2 days off and on. Well on CD20, I wore a regular tampon before I went out for the night. Around 1:30a I went to the restroom and didn't see any blood on my pantiliner, but when I wiped i saw bright red blood...not light. When i finally got home, I used the bathroom again and i had a lot of blood come out...it actually came out as a "plop" into the toilet. i wiped and there was bright red blood. well i got up and was gonna put on a tampon, but I started dripping blood while standing, sat on toilet, and more blood came out. I sat on the toilet for about 5mins and the blood just kept dripping out...then a clot. I was finally able to put on a tampon. Have any of you had this problem? I have no pain, cramping, or anything like that. i usually spot but never bled like this. Any thoughts? Should I go to dr? THanks!
    ReddHidden Content
    "What have you done today to make you feel proud?" -Biggest Loser
    *IR diagnosed(fasting insulin 122): Aug. 2005
    *Loestrin FE 24 birth control pills
    *Started WW Feb. 2, 2012
    *Bootcamp: March 19, 2012 (9wks)
    Hidden Content
    *Highest Weight 242lbs
    Hidden Content

want babies not migraines mip1500's Avatar
    Thanks

This happened sort of to me a few years back and I called doc and she said it was just because I hadn't had a period in so long... and she never did anything about it... not saying that your doc wouldn't or couldn't... but at least I can offer that it doesn't seem like a total emergency at the moment. sorry about the rough scare.
    Mags,29. DH Jake 37. Married 4/08.
    I was born at 28 wks (3lbs,5oz) & my bro at 34 wks.
    Factor V Leiden, MTHFR, PCOS dx 10/05.
    TTC#1 since 01/06 (on/off Metformin, acupunture)
    Tried 3 rounds of Clomid, 1 of Femara, 1 of follistim & continuing...

2000mg Met XR, Prenatab, Metafolin, Metafolin, Zyrtec.
    IF BFP, baby aspirin & met & low dose heparin.

Thanks

I had a similar situation,clogs falling out,and blood dripping down my legs . My was due to not having regular periods and my lining had built up. I had to get a D&C in 2007.
    "Every Journey Has To Start Somewhere!"

Thanks

i havent had my period in 4.5 month is this going to happen to me, also been taken bcp for a month and no period why

want babies not migraines mip1500's Avatar
    Thanks

I fear this is going to happen to me again since I'm also 4.5 mos past last period... and this odd clot lots of bright red stuff happened to me twice after my basically 2 years with no period....
    Mags,29. DH Jake 37. Married 4/08.
    I was born at 28 wks (3lbs,5oz) & my bro at 34 wks.
    Factor V Leiden, MTHFR, PCOS dx 10/05.
    TTC#1 since 01/06 (on/off Metformin, acupunture)
    Tried 3 rounds of Clomid, 1 of Femara, 1 of follistim & continuing...

2000mg Met XR, Prenatab, Metafolin, Metafolin, Zyrtec.
    IF BFP, baby aspirin & met & low dose heparin.

Thanks

I had this happen after taking provera. I was having what I thought were periods that were light and irregular. One of the tests my GYN ordered was an u/s and it showed a thick lining...I was given provera to bring on a period and it was nothing like my normal periods very heavy , large clots and lasted for 14 days...Eight of those days were non stop heavy, clotty bleeding All from the thick lining.

Thanks

It's happened to me before as well. The whole tampon and everything came out...sometimes I wonder if the tampons cause a bit of a "backed up" situation ? lol and then it's like a damn when you sit down ??

Either way it is pretty scary but sometimes I am just glad to get it out ! lol
    ~*~ Everything happens for a reason ~*~

Proud mom,wife and surro sassygirl09's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sorry you are bleeding so heavy it's so scary to have bleeding like that out of nowhere.I had clotting/bleeding and heavy cramping but mine was due to a m/c,I hope that is not the case for you .If you are still bleeding and clotting and you fill either a tampon or a pad in an hour or less go to the ER that is not normal bleeding.I hope you figure this out soon
    Hidden Content
    Tyler,9
    Hailey,8
    Nicholas,6
    Proud surrogate to B
    Happily Married to Patrick for 8 years and counting....

Hidden Content

Thanks

I feel like I'm replying to everyone's posts saying "Me, too!" But again, I can relate. This happens to me every now and then. I won't have a period for 4-6 months then suddenly it feels like my vagina is a running faucet. I have very large clots and can feel them pass through and it's very painful sometimes and very, very, very uncomfortable. I especially hate it when I'm working and this happens! What a horrible feeling to be surrounded by people and unable to go to the bathroom and you can literally feel your body passing huge blot clots. It takes me less than an hour or two to fill a SUPER tampon when this occurs.

My heavy period was so bad a few years ago I literally had to spend the night in the bath. The warm water helped with the cramping/discomfort, but I was passing large amounts of blood it wasn't worth wasting supplies or risk ruining clothes, bed sheets, or my mattress.

*Sigh* It will happen again. Only time will tell.

Thanks

I went through a year of this happening every month. Super plus AND I would have to wear heavy overnight pads just to buy me enough time to get to a bathroom to clean up. I had 2 D&C's last year (polyps in the 1st, fibroid & myoma in the 2nd) Then I went the other direction, missed 3 periods & when they did finally come they were light. Then a cyst burst & the ultrasound showed the nice string of pearls on my left ovary. This month is heavier than it has been, hoping I'm not going back that way. It isnt anything to be overly concerned about, unless it doesnt stop. If you are losing that much blood that quickly its not a good sign. Mine would usually come on a few times a day, then ease off for a few hours.

Thanks

It happend to me after taking provera..so awful. I get cramps so bad though.

Thanks

Hi.

I was diagnosed with PCOS in December last year. Im 23. My doctor put me on 500mg Metformin (glucophage) in the morning and evening. Im also on dianette (the pill). Also some of my symptoms were no period for two years and some facial acne. The irregular period has been controlled but it is not a true period as it is one brought on by taking the birth control!

Anyways, last month, I Completely forgot to collect my prescription and was away for a couple of weeks, so had to go without. Yesterday morning, my period came(on time), VERY HEAVY. like nothing I have experienced before! (when i used to get regualar's, they were quite heavy). Its flowing out like a river, non stop. And also had a few clots this morning (clots are normal for me, even on BC) but never experienced any as big or as painful as this.. Its quite worrying cause I am shaking and feeling a bit weak....

Thanks

Take iron supplements. When you lose alot that quick it makes you anemic. Iron will help balance it back out. Will help with the weakness

Thanks

This happened to me a few years back when, like a lot of the pp said, I hadn't had a period in a long time...the lining of the uterus just built up and "spontaneously" shed off and came out. Definitely take some iron supplements, as I did become anemic after I had these episodes..it takes a toll on your body! I would say if you experience any other symptoms, like bad cramping or anything like that you might want to go see your dr...you don't want to have anything else going on. Good luck to you!
    Katy
    Dx PCOS - October 2002
    Dx Type II diabetes- March 2003
    Metformin 1000 mg 2x/day 500 mg 1x/day, Januvia 100mg 1x/day
    and a plethora of other meds for depression, anxiety, and high triglycerides.
    Daily Multi, Fish Oil 1000 mg
    Furbabies Teddy Hidden Content & Callie Hidden Content

Thanks

Thank you ladies for all you responses. i've had regular "periods" (i'm on femcon fe birthcontrol). I get my period on CD28or29 every month. My bleeding happened with no cramping and this was the first time ever. I spoke with my gyno's nurse and she said since i had cervix inflamation, she thinks that's what it was. But not certain. i'll go see my gyno if the bleeding happens again next month. I pray it's nothing serious. Thank you again ladies!!!!
    ReddHidden Content
    "What have you done today to make you feel proud?" -Biggest Loser
    *IR diagnosed(fasting insulin 122): Aug. 2005
    *Loestrin FE 24 birth control pills
    *Started WW Feb. 2, 2012
    *Bootcamp: March 19, 2012 (9wks)
    Hidden Content
    *Highest Weight 242lbs
    Hidden Content