Thanks

Default Anyone use both n-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) and d-chiro-inositol (DCI)?

I've been taking DCI for a few months and I feel that it, along with myo-inositol as a "booster," is helping me, although AF or O hasn't occurred. My first round of 50mg Clomid failed to make me O; I'm on CD12 and waiting to see if 100mg Clomid will bring on O. If not, I'm thinking of trying NAC work in conjunction with the Clomid. Has anyone used both DCI and NAC together? Are they ok to use at the same time?
    BFP 10/18/10 on 1st round of injects - ended in chem pg
    BFP 11/21/10 on 2nd round of injects - perfect little boy! 5:27 p.m. on 8/10/11 @ 41w
    Surprise BFP on 1/12/12 - ended in chem pg or m/c

Thanks

I am using DCI, NAC and clomid 50mg and I have Ov'd two months in a row. I am now waiting for second AF to show which I feel will be very soon though I am praying it won't be before CD28 like it was last time. I started taking NAC in my second cycle as I have heard it helps to improve the uterine lining and I guessed something must have been wrong last time as AF showed up on CD25. I will find out tomorrow if there are any improvements this time.

Thanks

Thanks for your response Amber! Just to clarify, is this your 2nd cycle using that combo? If so it sounds like you weren't O'ing before adding NAC, is that correct?
    BFP 11/21/10 on 2nd round of injects - perfect little boy! 5:27 p.m. on 8/10/11 @ 41w

Thanks

I did O on my first round without NAC but AF showed up early which is why I am trying NAC. To improve the womb lining.

Thanks

Bump...anyone else?

Metformin alone has failed to make me O, adding DCI hasn't helped in that dept (although it has aided in weight loss), and Clomid has only made me O 50% of the time so my RE suggested moving on to Femara. I'm thinking of adding NAC also - as far as lowering my blood sugar too much, I'm not worried, as I had a OGTT last week and it was slightly elevated. I'm just wondering if adding NAC to Clomid or Femara, and DCI and/or Met has helped anyone!

Thanks

I haven't used clomid, but I do use NAC and DCI, and have used soy before. I got a lot more regular when I started taking these, but I also started some other things at the same time, so can't say for sure it was these. However using NAC with clomid has some good research behind it, so seems like a good option before moving on to something else to me.
    Me - Jen(36), DH - Joe(47), Married April 7, 2007
    BFP 10/08(m/c), BFP 03/09(m/c), BFP 05/09(m/c), BFP 9/10 - Boy! Garrett Randall born 5/12/11
    TTC#2 since 3/13: BFP 6/13(m/c), BFP 1/2/14... hb seen on 1/21. HOPING IT STICKS!!!!!

PCOS + Anti-phospholipid Antibodies, Thrombophilia, Prolactinomas, MTHFR (hetero)
    Taking: Multivitamin, Omega 3s, D3, B6, BA, Progesterone, Metformin, Lovenox, lots of others...
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks

Default NAC, Inositol and Metformin

Has anyone taken taken these three together? I've been taking the NAC with Metformin and a multivitamin. I haven't noticed much of a change and I'm really interested in trying the Inositol, but I'm concerned about side effects. Comments?

Thanks

I took them all together and didn't notice any side effects.

Thanks

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JenJen80 View Post
    I took them all together and didn't notice any side effects.
    Thanks. Just really looking for something to help me as I'm tired of being tired and everything else. It sounds like with a lot of the reviews that I've read that many women have experienced better energy levels and lost their cravings for sugar and carbs. We want to have a baby, but I don't want to get pregnant at my current weight since I have some significant back issues from accidents I've had over the last 10 years. Have you noticed any weight changes while on this?

Thanks

When I first started DCI, I lost a little weight and I think it helped me maintain my weight better if I wasn't eating well. I don't think my sugar/carb cravings went away though - if so I'd definitely order more, LOL! I went off of it when I found out I was pg and I haven't gotten any since I've had the baby because I don't want to spend the $, plus part of the reason I was on it was for TTC anyway. You didn't mention if helping bring on O/AF is a concern (which, obviously if you're going to be TTC it is, but I don't know if you get AF on your own or not), but I don't do either on my own and DCI did not change that, FWIW.

Thanks

Anyone here who used Inositol and NAC as the same time? What doses did you use?Thank you

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I take high doses od DCI and NAC and haven't noticed any bad side effects. I take 2g of NAC with 2g vitamin C (they are synergistic) and I did have lots of intestinal noise until I added 400 mg of Magnesium. I take 1/4 tsp DCI 2x/day and I love it. Reduced sugar cravings, more energy, 20 lb weight loss... the only thing I am still fighting is my darn balding head!