Thanks

Question Difference in breast pain btw AF and PG symptoms?

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced a DIFFERENCE in breast pain between what the BB's feel like when AF is coming and what they feel like if you're PG. My BB's are typically not tender but in the past week they have started to be a bit tender to the touch. In the last 2-3 days I really notice the tenderness when I take off my bra. Then last night - HOLY COW! I had to hold on to them when I bent over to pull a nightshirt out of my drawer. Most of the pain is on the sides (a little on the top).

I haven't had an AF on my own since I was in high school (so about 11-13 years ago). So I definitely don't remember what the tenderness felt like although I do remember that I would experience some tenderness before AF.

Any thoughts anyone. This is really weird. A friend was just diagnosed with breast cancer yesterday which I suppose is making me a bit paranoid.

Thanks

I get really tender bbs throughout the whole 2ww. This cycle when I got my BFP they were more or less the same. Only difference was they became sore on the outside near the armpit (right after O) before the rest became sore (starting from about 8dpo), where as during an AF cycle I found them to be sore all over from the start.
    forever in our hearts
    Jan 2009 (10 weeks), June 2011 (6 weeks), DS 3rd Jan 2012 (19 weeks) & July 2012 (12 weeks 4 days)

TTC - Cycle No.4 - 7 March - New to injects - 50IU Puregon - Ovitrelle trigger CD16 - BFP 12dpo!!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I always get sore bbs during the 2WW, right from the day of ovulation until 3 days after AF starts. The difference early in the wait this time wasn't much... they might have even hurt a little LESS than usual. Now the pain is pretty well focussed in the centre. The worst now is when I'm cold my nipples feel like they're being gnawed on with sharp razor teeth. YOUCH!!!

But really, I wasn't able to tell I was pg from my bb pain. It was just normal for me.
    Bee (37) and Chuck (34) - married since 2001
    PCOS diagnosed Apr 2007
    1st ever BFP!!! 10/10/09, 12DPO M/C @ 11w 11/30/09
    2nd BFP!!! 11/6/10, 9DPO
    Connor Reese born via scheduled c-section July 14, 2011 7lbs 5oz

Hidden Content

Thanks

Thanks, that helps. It did forget to mention that my nipples were very very sensitive at the end of last week and early this week shortly before the actual tenderness started. I guess I'll take a PG test this weekend. My Mom said this was EXACTLY how hers felt when she knew she was PG. My DH and I are trying but only completely naturally (other than Metformin) while I work on losing weight. Down to 238 from 273 at the beginning of August. I've heard that ovulation can come sporadically at any time. Who knows...

Thanks

I did feel a difference between AF and BFP. During AF, the whole bb would hurt. Now after the BFP, my nipps are so sore. Heck they are still sore right now at 21 weeks.
    Courtney (33) DH (43)
    DD 06/02/04 (adopted) - Ally
    DS 03/11/10 - Jackson
    Dx w/ PCOS 2000 and Dx w/ Lupus 2005
    TTC since 08/2008
    Suprise BFP 07/06/09! Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

I would have to agree.. With AF my whole boob hurt with my BFP not so much the whole bbs but the nipples!!

Thanks

I never had breast pain ever with AF. When I was pg they hurt so bad! good luck!
    Haley ♥♥♥♥ married to my love since 11.29.08
    SAHM to peanut 02.01.10 & pumpkin 05.25.11 &
    Surprise #3 expected January 2013!
    Hidden Content

Thanks

When I was pg, my boobs didn't hurt until 1 or 2 weeks after I got my bfp. For most people, most pregnancy symptoms do not start right after ovulation, so things like breast tenderness, nausea, and fatigue are not noticeable pg symptoms very early on...like first 2 weeks after ovulation/conception.

Registered User Legally_Michelle's Avatar
    Thanks

This is interesting because with me my nipples are usually sore during the 2ww and when I was pg it was the entire boob. I suppose it's different for everyone
    Michelle (24) James (27)
    Married 7/07 TTC 11/07

PCOS, arcuate uterus, thin cyster
    Salpingitis isthmica nodosa (SIN - congenital tubal infertility)

2 1/2 years of ttc = 2 OBGYN's, 2 RE's, 8 ovulatory cycles through Clomid, soy, or Femara, 1 BFP, 1 m/c, 1 MRI, 2 HSG's, 2 incorrect diagnoses of uterine malformations, 1 lap/hys
    All to learn that IVF is our only option.

Hopefully starting IVF in December

Blog: Hidden Content