Thanks

Default Stabbing Ovary Pain?

Hi ladies!

We got the surprise of our lives last week when I went to the doctor to get screened for the flu and came out with a positive pregnancy test instead! I'm approximately 5 weeks from what the Dr. can tell about my HCG levels.

I was on BCP's for my PCOS still even though I had RNY gastric bypass over 4 years ago and have lost 200 lbs (now weigh in at 166!).

Anyways, I've been having period-like AF cramping and occasionally I'll get occasional sharp stabbing pains in either one of my ovaries. Today it seems to be more in my left side.

I asked the Dr. about it and he said it's all perfectly normal and everything looks great with my HCG levels and to stop worrying. I read online that this type of pain can be caused for us women with PCOS because of our enlarged ovaries and now they're working overtime to produce hormones for the baby.

Anyone else experience this and go on to have a normal, healthy pregnancy?

Thanks

I didn't have PCOS with my first pregnancy but I have had this type of pain with this pregnancy. When I ovulated, I think I ruptured a cyst too. I've had a few rupture and sometimes more than one a week-it gets pretty rough. But I also just have the ovarian pain too. It feels like you're being stabbed in the ovary and then I get a cramping sensation throughout my entire pelvis that feels like it's originating in my ovary.
    Sara Hidden Content & DH Luke -26. Married since 8/26/06
    DD Marley Piper Hidden Content -3
    TTC #2
    Met 1000mg, Femara 5mg, Aspirin 81mg
    1st round Femara 9/09- BFN
    2nd round Femara 10/09-

EDD July 1st,2010

div>Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Sticky Baby Smith!!! <3 Asherlexie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I did at first. I know for sure I o'd from my right ovary, but for like 3 or 4 weeks after my bfp it hurt. Especially during an u/s. But, it went away. RE said it was the stretching your body does. 27 weeks now!
    Austin (26) & Kimberly (24) Smith

Matilea Kay 2/8/2010 7lb 13oz, 21 inches

Things happen for a reason. Going to be a mommy to Irish twins in 2010.

Thanks

I've had the stabbing pain in my left ovary with both my pregnancies. It is normal, especially if you have cysts. My left ovary is actually enlarged and hardened due to cysts.

Congratulations!

Bee
    Me:39 DH:40
    Lillian Grace: conceived after 3 yrs TTC, Met, Lap & HSG, & Male Factor
    Reese Edward: conceived Au Naturale
    11/17/09 Preventative cerclage (failed), 1/6/10 Repeat cerclage, 1/25/10 On bedrest
    7/13/10 Tubal Ligation~~No more babies, I can't hold them in and don't want to risk another tiny life =(

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Registered User Carolinagirl_22's Avatar
    Thanks

those pains really suck...It seems like I have been having them more and more lately. I don't know if this should be reassuring that the baby is still there and my body's making room or scared that something bad is happening...

This pregnancy thing is something totally different. Everyone keeps saying its ok so I'm just praying and staying positive.

Congrats!
    My three sons = My lifeHidden Content Hidden Content Jordan 5, Zachariah 2, Benjamin 2monthsHidden Content

Thanks

Oh I know what you mean! Every little twinge or cramp, I am freaking out. I don't know if it's normal or not. And then when don't have any cramping or twinges, I freak out because I'm not! Some days my boobs are sore and some days they are not. Being a first time pregnant woman is not fun. I can honestly say though I am looking forward to a long ride because that menas a baby at the end!

Thanks

Is anyone else's so painful they almost can't stand it? I kinda feel like its labor pains but its all on one side like when I ovulate. And it really hurts
    Molly
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

BFP 12/23/08 M/C at appr. 5-8 weeks-nothing on the u/s Hidden Content

Hidden Content