Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default having pain on left side above hip bone..

hello everyone..
    fellow cyster here, obviously. but ever since i started with symptoms of pcos earlier this year, and since i eventually found out i had pcos, i have also had a recurring slight pain right above my left hip bone, across from my belly button. i believe i had this when i also had my CT scan and they didn't see anything in that region, only the cysts in my ovaries. but still having this pain. i notice it for a couple days and then goes away for a couple days. i am confused and keep telling myself its nothing, but yesterday i noticed it more than normal but i also just started my period yesterday which may have been why. plus i have had such high anxiety from it one day i think im fine and the next i think im dying from cancer. anyone have this also? think it could be a symptom of pcos? thanks for your help!

Thanks

the cysts can cause pain, but the pain from my ovary is lower than that. i believe. i really think its from your cysts though, but im no expert. sometimes my pain shoos down my leg and stuff. so maybe it has to do with nerves.

Thanks

thanks for your reply. i have also had ovary pain but just a couple times and it was stabbing pain and it was lower. this is a little different, but i realize now i also had this pain starting around the same time, so maybe it is due to my cysts. i have noticed it a couple times on the other side, so it would make sense it is my ovaries. i know i should just go to the doctor, but hate to pay for inconclusive tests. but thanks for adding to my thinking that it is related. maybe for a couple days i can quit worrying about it

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Pain

I have constant pain near my right ovary. I' ve had it checked out and have been through fertility treatments and lots of ultrasounds and I have always been told it is related to the PCOS. I've had this for about 6 years so if it was cancer, I'm sure I'd be dead by now!

Castor oil packs do help with the pain...I do them about 2-3X per week as a part of my "treatment" regimen.

Thanks

Hi everyone! I was diagnose with PCOS 5 years ago and have had about 3 pelvic ultrasounds but nothing was further diagnosed. I too get pains near my hip bone but lower mainly on the right side but lately on the left as well. I can't find any pattern to the timing in accordance with my cycle. I do notice an increase in occurrence lately I have pain at least 3-4 days a week. I'm do for my annual in January but I don't know if I should call to come in earlier or what kind of other diagnostic tests I could talk to my doctor about to see if I have cysts that aren't being reabsorbed. Thanks for any suggestions in advance!

Thanks

yea then its probably due to pcos. i wouldnt worry too much. especially since youve had it checked out before and nothing was there. and ive been having the same thing for two days now. sharp stabbing pains on rt side. higher than the more dull pains from ovaries.

Thanks

hi everyone again... thanks for all your replies... they definitely calmed my fears! But tonight I had it again, but stronger than usual. Actually, it felt like something was going to pop, right above my hip bone. It was a sharp pain that felt just like a little balloon was there. I dont know exactly how to describe it but I wasn't even sure if I should sit up. When I pushed on it I felt the pain more. Then 20 sec. later it was over and absolutely no pain when I push on it. I don't know if its maybe related to gas or what, but it freaked me out. Anyone else experience this?

Registered User blackberries225's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey Hon... It won't hurt to get it checked. I always have pain on my lower right side (I have it right now actually) and it's definitely PCOS related but in April I had a cyst rupture and that mess hurt like I don't know what so it won't hurt to get checked if you need a little peace of mind.
    Courtney 31 DH 34

Mommy to my sweet Kayden born to soon August 28, 2010, and his awesome brother, my dear rainbow baby, Keenan born 1/26/12....

Inositol/Choline is my super combo in treating PCOS!

Thanks

thanks... i will. I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow if nothing else but for peace of mind. Just want to make sure there is nothing else there that could be giving me problems.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I am having pain which I kinda describe as mild spasm-like tenderness that comes and goes. I believe it's my ovaries.

Thanks

Mine hurts too - but on the right side. It turned out to be uterine fibroids

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jeorwa View Post
    Mine hurts too - but on the right side. It turned out to be uterine fibroids
    This is the second time I heard someone refer to uterine fibroids and I wonder if that's what I might have. I have been lightly bleeding for 2 months and have the pain I described above. How were you diagnosed with uterine fibroids? I have a GYN appt. next month, I will ask her more about it.

Thanks

thats actually a case that you need to get a pelvic ultrasound for. i have the same exact problem but its on my right side and it kinda feels achy. CT scans arent accurate they actually really suck.
    Hidden Content .19.Obese.Frustrated Hidden Content
    having trouble losing weight...weight is flucuating everyday...I exersise everyday.
    have acne, acanthinos nigricans, facial hair, hair loss, pelvic pain, depression, fatigue, weight gain, & no sex drive.
    currently on:
    -zoloft[200mg]
    -meformin[500mg]2x a day
    -ortho tricyclen-lo

Thanks

thanks for replying everyone. i actually have some updates to my situation. i went to a new doc and he seemed to think it was like an intestinal problem. so i have an apptmt with a gastroenterologist or however u spell it. but i am still wondering if it isn't related to my pcos. sometimes i do feel a little tinge of pain, not as bad, on the other side. and i can go days before feeling it again on my left side. i have noticed more and more that it occurs right before i get my period, or when it's cold out and my body tenses up. almost like there is something small there that just turns a little bit. it seems to high to be my ovaries, but if so many of us have the same thing, maybe it is related to pcos.

jeorwa - how did they end up diagnosing it as fibroids? how did they find it?

Thanks

Kippy - they diagnosed it as uterine fibroids during an ultrasound. (the "inside you" type of ultrasound...) I also was prescribed some pain meds to take during AF, it was UNBEARABLE before that! All I was able to do during AF was lay on the couch with a heating pad and cry! It was also causing the back pain I had been feeling for years, I had written it off as some sort of horrible kidney problem, even though that was the only sign.
    Anyway - apparently since your uterus is smooth muscle, and since I have fibroids that attach to my uterus and evidently some other stuff, when I would have any sort of muscle spasm/contraction it would yank some "stuff" around, which was causing pain. And AF would trigger muscle contractions that would last all month. The meds during AF stop the pain, and REALLY help it for the entire month, which is a Godsend! Does that make any sense?