Registered User FloridianInDublin's Avatar
    Thanks

Default How does an endocrinologist treat PCOS??

Hi ladies,

I'd be eternally grateful if someone could answer me that question. How will an endocrinologist treat my PCOS? I have no interest in having children for another few years so I'm having alot of trouble finding any answers on PCOS that isn't concerned with fertility. I just want to lose weight and feel better.

So how will they treat it?

*I've already done Met and got taken off because my gyno said she's never had any success with it and it just made me feel 'woozy' the whole time. And I kept passing out at the gym. So I hope that's not the only thing those Dr's suggest!

Thanks so much!!
    Carrie

Thanks

Well, my endo prescribed progestin, so that's probably something s/he might suggest.

Progestin's not working for me now, though, so...

trying to pull it togethe coldcold_water's Avatar
    Thanks

my endo was really frustrating and told me i was too fat and i needed to drink glucerna shakes 2 times a day and a a 500 cal dinner. also he told me my hair was really thin and i should consider going lighter (my hair is black).. he put me on birth control and told me not to think about having kids in my condition.. omg. the prob is hes the only one around aside from one that is nutts.. so im stuck. but im doing things more natural now and its way better. i think a good gyno can help too. but one that knows pcos.

Registered User FloridianInDublin's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you so much ladies! I have a great gyno who knows all about PCOS but she feels frustrated that she can't help me more and is referring me to a few good endocrinologists. Unfortunately there's about an 8 week wait so I'm chomping at the bit! And I swear if its one more MALE doctor who says anything about my weight, you'll be seeing me on the news haha.

Thanks

Strange I have always had better luck with male doctors than female doctors. It was a female gyno that told me lose weight go low carb and here is a prescription without telling me I had PCOS.

My RE would treat me with birth control if I wasn't TTC. I do not do well with birth control so I am trying some alternative medicine. There is an alternative med board on this site with a lot of info.