Thanks

Default Signs of O, but no thermal shift?

Has anyone ever had this before? I haven't in my two years of charting. Very frustrating.

Thursday I had a temp dip to 97.3 and EWCM. I had also had EWCM the previous two days so I figured I was close. Since my useless fertility monitor thinks it's too late in my cycle and time for me to menstruate, I had to go out and buy OPKs. I tested in the afternoon. the line was dark, but not quite as dark as the test line, to me, so I thought it was negative and would get darker later. In the evening I had very strong cramping in my left ovary.

Friday, temp was up a little bit but not a post O temp. Still had EWCM. Took another OPK and the line was LIGHTER. So clearly I'd already had my LH surge or the test from the previous day was actually positive.

Saturday, same temp, fertile CM gone by the afternoon and OPK was even lighter.

Sunday, sticky CM, no thermal shift
    Monday, dry, no thermal shift

So I should have had a thermal shift by Saturday or Sunday. But my temps are still clear pre-O temps. I can't figure out what happened. I had fertile CM and my LH did surge at least somewhat. Did it not surge enough to release the egg? Why would this happen? I'm afraid if my temp doesn't go up after a few days, i'll have to take prometrium to end this cycle, since if I had an egg developing and it did not release, I don't think my body will reset itself and start again. Sigh.

(Chart is in my sig if you want to take a look.)
    Me (31) & DH (31)

BFP! - 3/2/10 150 mg Clomid, Dexamethasone, 4x Menopur 75iu, 1x Follistim 75iu, HCG shot, IUI
    Hidden Content

Amara born 12/7/10

Hidden Content

#2 - Surprise BFP 12/2012, due 8/2013

Thanks

I know that it's common with PCOS to get patches of EWCM where your body's trying to surge to the point of O, but doesn't quite get there. Some women find that they ovulate a few days later, and some never quite make it there.

That being said, in Taking Care of Your Fertility, it does say that some women don't see thermal shifts when they ovulate, but I think the inference to be made there is that they NEVER see a thermal shift.

HTH!

Thanks

My last cycle, I got a positive opk on a saturday morning, but temp didn't go up until the following Thursday.

Now I am 9wks pregnant!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

50mg, Days 5-9, no "O", BFN - September '09
    100mg, Days 3-7, BFP!!! - October '09
    100mg, Days 3-7, "O", BFN - August '11
    100mg, Days 3-7, "O", BFN - September '11
    100mg, Days 3-7, "O", BFN - October '11
    5mg Femara, Days 3-7 - November '11

Thanks

How's the battery on your thermometer?
    Me (36) DH (43)
    TTC 2005 dx- 2007
    2007-2008 Clomid, Femara, FSH, BFN
    05/2009 cycle 1 ivf cancelled
    09/2009 cycle 2 ivf BFN
    10/2009 500mg met
    11/2009 1000mg met

11/2009 ivf #3 consult - OMG I Oed on my own!
    12/2009 100mg clomid, O cd 36 - 1/8/09 BFP! HCG 25

1/12/10 beta 230!Hidden Content
    6w4d 124bpm
    8w2d 194bpm 18mm
    10w4d 178bpm we've got a swimmer Hidden Content
    11w6d 174bpm - had the hiccups, lol

Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I agree with Eumie. This is what PCOS is for some women (me included). Patches of ewcm, then no O. This may happen several times during a cycle, to eventually lead to an O (I usually O on my own but late) or an annovulatory bleed. Basically the hormones are out of whack - body gears up to O (leading to ewcm) but never really gets there, so goes back to an earlier phase of the cycle. But I'd say that if you've made it 2 years without seeing this before you're doing pretty well!

Thanks

I've had dips in my temp and signs that I was ovulating (and I thought I did) but then my cd21 progesterone levels showed I didn't...I was surprised...my levels were higher than the anovulatory cycle but not high enough to be ovulatory.

Thanks

you just described my cycle this month exactly! I could have sworn that I O'd but my temps are not showing it at all. I have just given up on this cycle and am moving on to the next one.