Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vitex BFP

Thanks

Default Vitex BFP

I got a BFP this morning and I just thought I would share my story.

I have been taking Vitex, Cinnamon, and Folic acid since July. Occasionally I took Dong Quai too--but it caused bruising so I stopped. Vitex restored my period. I went to the doc and she suggested using OPKs and I told her that I never did because I heard they were inaccurate with people with PCOS. She said as long as I am getting a regular period I could try it. So, even though we had stopped trying I got curious and tried it---and sure enough I had ovulated! But I didn't think much of it because we have had no luck in the past.
    Anyway, fast forward a few weeks and I am late. And I immediately think that the Vitex stopped working. My hubby even told me not to test because it is ALWAYS negative! I started to have some spotting so I figured AF was coming (and like an idiot I went out and drank on new year's eve). But then the spotting went away so, I took a test this morning and it was a BFP! Which was really scary and surprising and exciting all at the same time.
    But then I started some brown spotting again. So, I'm a little afraid it won't last. I plan on calling my doc first thing Monday!
    Anyway, for those of you looking for signs and symptoms (because I have been there and I know what it is like to wonder and wonder and wonder) here were/are mine:
    -missed period/some brown spotting---not heavy at all and not constant...came and went.
    -head aches...not migranes, just constant and annoying.
    -AF cramping...again came and went.
    -The thought of coconut almost made me puke.
    -I wore a necklace and broke out in a rash...NEVER had that happen before.
    -Very restless...trouble sleeping even though I was tired.
    -Breasts very painful at first, then extreme pain went away and just remained full and nipples constantly hard and crazy looking! haha

Like I said, the spotting really scares me. I'm scared it won't last. Anyone else had this experience?
    But Vitex worked for me. I think the main thing is restoring the period and then ovulation should follow eventually. Of course everyone woman with PCOS is different and what works for one might not work for another.
    Just thought I would share...don't lose hope (I know, easier said than done). I never thought I would see a BFP!

Registered User MOM2TWINS W PCOS's Avatar
    Thanks

Congrats!!!! I have been taking vitex since oct and finally od for the first time after 65days and then af showed 12dpo! I am so excited that it looks like the vitex might actually be getting my regular... that is all i am looking for right now.

Again Congrats and H&H!!!!
    Hidden Content

Kaydence 1lb 6oz
    and
    Jayden 1lb 5oz
    born at 25wks 3days!!

Hidden Content

Mom (me 26) dh 28

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Looks like I od 3 years after my orginial due date for my dds! Testing around Christmas EVE!

Thanks

Congratulations!!! H&H 9!!!! I love to read Vitex success stories!
    ME(33), DF (44)
    PCOS since 2005
    Met 2000mg
    BFP- 03/02/14
    MMC-04/22/14

I Samuel 1:27-28
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Thanks

First of all, congratulations! What great news!
    How much Vitex were you taking and how regular were your periods before it?
    I have been on it since September and no AF. I don't know if I should keep on it or not.
    Check in here and let everyone know how it goes!
    brightflower 36
    DH Ryan 36 Hidden Content
    DS Noah 7 Hidden Content Clomid baby
    m/c 05/07 at 7w3d
    07/07 laparoscopy
    currently ttc #2
    IUI #1 Clomid 50 mg/HCG triggerO P4>60: BFN
    IUI #2 Clomid 50 mg/HCG trigger/O: BFN
    IUI #3 Femara 2.5 mg/HCG trigger/O/HCG booster shots: BFN
    IUI #4: same as above
    dx PCOS 1996

currently working up to 1000 mg Metformin
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Congrats! I love to read Vitex success stories as well. I know every PCOS women is different but I am really trying to stay clear from medication for right now and have taken the natural approach. I just started Vitex 2 weeks ago. How long did it take for it to restore AF? And does it REALLY matter the brand of Vitex that you take? I started on Vitamin World Vitex?? :/ Good luck to you again. U ladies that acheive BFP give me hope!

Thanks

Congrats! sending tons of sticky dust your way!!
    Me 25 Hidden Content DH 33
    dx 2004 PCOS, Right dermoid cyst removal (03/2012)
    [TTC #1 since AUG 2010] Numerous failed Clomid cycles Took a break from 9/2011 until Now! Hidden Content
    RE appointment July 2012- Wish us luck!

Hidden Content

Registered User blackberries225's Avatar
    Thanks

Congrats! And BTW, spotting is very common in early pregnancy.
    Courtney 31 DH 34

Mommy to my sweet Kayden born to soon August 28, 2010, and his awesome brother, my dear rainbow baby, Keenan born 1/26/12....

Inositol/Choline is my super combo in treating PCOS!

Thanks

Hello all, just want to share my story. Started Femaprin, which has vitex in it, 5 months ago. Got a period every 28 days for 4 months. during the 4th month i started taking inositol. I was due for my period 4 days ago. I really though it was coming or I was preg because I got really blosted and crampy. no period and BFN. So I am really not to sure what to think about what is going on. Right now I feel like something is going on with occasional twinges in ovaries. Any ideas? Should I stop taking inositol to see if period returns or wait a bit?

and congratsfor the BFP!!!!! that is so exciting to hear that taking all of these supplements and herbs can really help.

Jess

Registered User MarianneUnfaithfull's Avatar
    Thanks

Congrats! That is so exciting!

It's always great to hear which herbs/combinations have worked for people. I liked vitex - it helped my skin and regulated my cycle.
    Daily:-
    Spiro 75mg
    Vitex agnus castus
    Turmeric
    EPA fish oils
    Pure plain Inositol 1 gram a day ***discontinued due to weight gain***
    2+ cups of spearmint tea
    Rhodiola rosea and siberian ginseng
    Aloe vera juice
    False unicorn root
    ~
    Retin-a

Thanks

If you get to check back first of all congrats!!!
    How did you take the vitex I have heard of women using it like clomid for 5 days ( if so how much ) and I have heard some women take it for 14 days?
    I used to take vitex and then suddenly I started have regular periods but then i stopped and went the whole medicated approach like clomid and such ...
    Me (Kate) 36 DH (Chris) 42Hidden Content

Expecting June 12,2015- MMC 11/5/2014 Gone too soon but not forgotten

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hey congrats!!!! just be careful with the vitex!!! i started vitex dec 02/09 and got af dec 10/09, only thing was is i kept taking the vitex and af did not want to stop! So i stopped taking the vitex on dec 26/09 and af stopped 8 days later! I was taking 1000mg of it and it was too strong. I am hoping I will get af naturally without vitex on jan 07/10 but we will see, if not i will take the vitex till af comes then stop and continue on that routine!!! Good luck and wish you well

Thanks

Sorry it took so long to reply.
    I took Vitamin World Vitex. The capsules are 50mg and I took one in the AM and one in the PM. I would definitely pair it with cinnamon and folic acid though (a pharmacist said that is like the " natural recipe" for PCOS) It took about a month for it to work for me. I would get my period about every 5 weeks.
    I would do the minimum first and then increase if needed.

As for an update, I am still spotting and will hopefully know some things for sure this week! Good luck to all of you!

Thanks

congrats thats gr8! i was taking vitex and it produced a cycle for me and I think i will def start back taking it
    *Ayanna*31Hidden Content DH*32*
    Dx.: March 2008

Loss our little Miracle Eli at 4 month to Cervical Incompetence

Thanks

Hi - has anyone taken both Vitex and Tamoxifin at the same time, I'm currently on Tamoxifin, as clomid didn't work for me, I ovulated some times but not always, Tamoxifin seems to be doing the same thing - ovulated first 2 cycles 9even though Progesterone was extremely low after ovulation ) however went for scan today and have not ovulated this month, now on waiting list for injections. Doctor has told me to continue with Tamoxifin until I'm called for injections. But was just wondering if I took both Vitex and Tamoxifin would it up my chances?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hey just a question I started Vitex, Red clover, American Ginseng, and Primerose oil around the 30th of December. Unless I am on BCP I do not have AF. I stopped BCP like the 23 of Dec because I am TTC. I am having cramping and its only like day 9 of cycle. Has anyone experienced that and does it maybe meen my cycle is trying to regulate?
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Psalm 113:9 The Lord will make a woman who is in a childless home a joyfull mother.