Thanks

Unhappy Hairy and lonely

Hi, I'm new here. My biggest problem is easily excess hair. I hate it but after many years fighting it have almost given up. So my question is, after trawling the net, are there any dating sites for men that don't mind or actually like hairy women? I am fed up of being lonely. I could never ever show 'myself' off to anyone who din't already know through fear of rejection. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

hi hun,i'm a newbie too- dont know about any dating sites but i can sypathise with you about the excess hair as i have it too. Its took over 13 yrs for my doctor to finally sort it out in 09 and in that time my symptoms got worse. I was lucky to find my fella when i was 16 (i'm know 27) when i only had the no period part and was slightly chubby but he has stuck by me through all this and and more and says he doesnt care about the hairy bits or my large weight gain (although i do) i know i'm lucky but i just wanted to say that there is someone out there for you you just have to keep you chin up and he will come along probleywhen you least expect it.
    just keep positive
    If you ever wanna talk you could email me @ angie-rat@hotmail.co.uk
    Last edited by flutterfly; 01-15-2010 at 08:31 PM.

"If life hands you a lemon make lemonade"
    (Or lob the rotton ones at unhelpful doctors)

Hidden Content Me, My Man Hidden Content and the buggy cat Hidden Content
    makes 3 on a Bed Made for 2
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Hang in there, it does get easier. I'm not a newbie, but I remember quite well the feelings. I dated many a horrible men just because they were there and willing and I thought I'd never do any better looking the way I do. And I assure you that if you go to some website that specializes in men who find hairy women attractive, you're probably gonna end up with a fetish freak that would be far worse than any rejection you could possibly experience. I was not only hairy but bald too. I have no frontal hair line and the rest is seriously thin. I wear wigs, which let me go in public without being stared at but when it came to dating it wasn't happening. I dated a guy once and we went to a movie and he, unsuspectingly, went to run his hand thru my hair in a romantic type gesture and guess what he got, HA! Fooled him, LOL. I can laugh about it now but seriously, I was 22, can you imagine how devestating that was? Terribly. I wanted to crawl in the deepest hole I could find and die! Getting intimate was also scary. I was more worried about did I shave my boob hair, my chest hair, my stomach hair, my chin hair, etc to ever concentrate on anything else. I think I came off more of a borish and weird person in bed because of my over self consciousness before they could even find out I was hairy. Even if I did manage to let my guard down enough to go on more than one date and actually like someone, I always broke it off before things got intimate in anyway. At the first sign of a passionate kiss where his hands came near my face or hair, that was that. Done. First sign of coping a feel - sorry, we can't date anymore. I finally just had to realize that it's not my fault and I can't help it and yeah, many people are shallow and if they make an issue of it then it's their problem and you don't want them anyway. But, trust me, eventually, the right person will come along and you'll find out that they care about YOU, not PCOS and its crappy symptoms. Plus, we always defeat ourselves. Trust me when I say that we think WAAAAAAAY more of our issues than other people do.

I eventually met several men that I dated long term and as scary as it was, I had to tell them at some point that hey, I'm hairless in some areas and overly hairy in others. Yeah, there were some that walked but to my surprise, once I got out there and just did it, there were more that were understanding than not. Once I explained, they realized why I acted the way I did sometimes and it actually helped the relationship. And eventually, I found the perfect guy who actually goes wig shopping with me and we have fun, believe it or not. We also took a little vacation last month and I forgot my razor. I'm putting my make-up on and I was rubbing my chin thinkin damn it, I can handle not shaving my legs for a few days but the face hair has to go! I didn't say a word about it but next thing I knew he was walking over and handing me his electric razor, lol, which I used to shave my chin then hand back to him. He knows I'm self consious about it and knows how much I worry about it and without a 2nd thought did that for me. It would seem really odd to any non pcosers to consider that a romantic and exceptionally caring gesture, but it is for us. So, trust me, they're out there!

Thanks

Hiya Bunny. I was just diagnosed yesterday BUT I do have something to share with you that hopefully will lift your spirits. I've had the hair growth on the chin and the treasure trail for a good many years (never associated it with much besides being hairy lol). Back when I was younger I was way more diligent about the removal and what not. Now, not so much, because if it's there, it's there (and I've always noticed it's way more noticable to ME than anyone else). Anywho just over 2 years ago I went on a first date with some guy I met online. Today we have a 14 month old who's spreading his cheerios all over the kitchen as we speak (yeah I know the mathmatics there, my son was an unexpected "Surprise") and I'm exactly 3 months away from my wedding date. The kinda guy you want to find is the guy who sees the girl behind the hair (and for me the weight, I'm 250 lbs). It happens and does. He loves me because of me, inspite of me, and all of me and well I tolerate him haha jk. Just keep your chin up and you'll find the right guy and he won't notice the whiskers or won't mention if he does...because he doesn't care.