Registered User wannabemommyinNL's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Metformin and hurting boobs?

I've been on metformin for about 4 months now. I have never ever had painful boobs before in my life, and today they started hurting, very tender to the touch. You all know what I'm hoping, right?

Anyways, about 1.5 to 2 weeks ago, I was extremely attracted to my fiance, more so than usual. He's always attractive to me, but you know what I mean.

Anyways, tell me something, anything. Might I be pregnant, or am I getting ahead of myself?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well I've been on met for about 2 months. My boobs hurt for 2 weeks straight with AF nowhere in sight so I took a test. It came out neg and I came on my period 2 days later. I hope you are pregnant and this is it for you. But its possible it could be the met.
    DX'd: 5/18/09 PCOS and Hypothyroid
    Melisa (24)
    No longer TTC
    Current Meds: Metformin (2000mg), Synthroid(50mcg)
    Current Supplements: Femaprin, Prenatal, Magnesium, Insoitol, Multi-vitamin, Royal Jelly
    Cheri's reading is saying AUGUST/GIRL (We shall see)
    Current Weight: 228 S/T: 200 L/T: 170 58 lbs to go!!!

Thanks

I know what you are going through with the test thing too. Everytime I take a test, it comes out negative, and then a day or so later, AF comes. BUT, this time, the tests did come out negative, (Last week), and I didn't get my period, and then my boobs started hurting. I have been on Met for 4 months, and they only started hurting now. sigh, either way, even if I'm not pregnant, it must be working somehow, because I got my libido back. haha.

You at least need some sort of libido to want to be with your man, in order to have a chance of getting pregnant anyways. lol. So, at least that part is in my favour again.

I will let everyone know what happens.

HUGS

Thanks

my boobs started hurting Sunday really bad like i dont want my dh to touch them.
    i started met last Thursday 500mg at night for the 1st week then i will up it to 1000mg . i want to test to
    My son was born on 11/04/2005

We are trying to have a 2nd child
    oct 2009 round w/o clomid progesterone level 0.5
    nov 2009 round 1 clomid 50mg days 3-7 progesterone level 1.2
    dec 2009 round 2 clomid 100mg days 3-7 progesterone level 1.3
    Jan 2010 150 mg clomid days 3-7
    estradiol 1mg 3 in the morning and 3 at bed time
    1000 mg metform

Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I started Met mid November, got breast tenderness (that I have never had before) toward the end of December and wondered if it was an early pregnancy sign. I started taking tests last week like every other day, LOL. Well, I started my period on Monday (first normal one that I can remember in a long time). I never had that period symptom before, but I will take it! Thanks to God for the hope that this brings me.

Thanks

I know what you mean. At least if we get periods, we know we are on the road to normal, and can kind of guess when we might be ovulating, so that gives us a better chance of having our little bundle of joy. I took a test yesterday, and it was a BFN!! My Doctor wants me to take a test at the hospital next week, just to be sure. Wish me luck!

Thanks

when I first started metformin I did get the same side effects. It was like all my hormones woke up all at once. I felt pains in the ovary area, sore boobs and the sight of some foods make me sick to my stomach. I took two pregnancy tests because everything seem to get worse after the first test. No PG yet but there are a lot of hormones waking up that I've never felt before
    Lonny (36) + Dh (39)
    DD- 19
    M/c 2004
    Hidden Content - BFP July 5th- Third cycle of femara Hidden Content this baby sticks
    It's TWINS!!!! Seen two little perfect babies on 8/30/12
    It's a BOY & a GIRL!!!!! 9/28/12 My babies are here.. Born 2/25/13 @ 12:50 & 12:56pm 38 weeks 1 day
    Twins soon to be 2 yrs
    TTC # 4

Thanks

haha - I know what you mean about really having the hots for your fella. When I ovulate I can't go NEAR any men as I get this bizarre urge to lick their ears!

I reckon you could be preg given the timings. The only thing you can do is another test hun. Good luck! xxx

Thanks

my boobies hurt too- it went away after a few weeks. i guess it was the met playing with my hormones.

**relentless fighter** hgielrehtaeh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

My breasts hurt SO BAD with met when I'm ovulating and when I'm nearing my AF.

Especially my nipples. The other day my little 11 pound dog jumped up and hit one of my nipps and I thought I was going to throw up it hurt so bad. I actually cried!

I think it has to do with the hormones.

Oh, and as for feeling very "attracted" - I know what you mean. Especially when I'm ovulating. I'm practically climbing the walls, begging for him to "express our affection".

Good luck!
    EDD 07/04/12.
    Diagnosed
    04/09.
    TTC since 09/09.

Thanks

Has anyone's boobs gotten BIGGER since starting met?! This is my second week on it and boy have they grown! (Still no sign of AF, though).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kemmy57 View Post
    Has anyone's boobs gotten BIGGER since starting met?! This is my second week on it and boy have they grown! (Still no sign of AF, though).

o-o oh dear i hope that doesnt happen to me when i start on met, im already a double D i dont need to be bigger and im definitely not looking forward to breast tenderness, i get that occasionally already
    Absurdity is the rationality of the brilliant.
    -unknown

Thanks

My coworker is on Metformin and she said when she first got on it her libido went through the roof. She said she thought about sex all the time. I am still taking my Provera and hoping for a period and then I will start my Metformin prescription.