Thanks
    Blog Entries

Question Blood on toilet paper after urinating

Hi, I'm new to this site and metformin, i've been taking metformin for 3 and half weeks so far and for the last week or 2 when i wipe after urinating there is blood on the toilet paper (there is no blood in the urine nor is it a period) could this be due to the metformin? Has anyone else experienced this? I am worried about it and am not sure what's causing it, any replies appreciated!! x

Green Fields~Golden Sands DiamondInTheRough's Avatar
    Thanks

Is the blood coming from your urethra or your vagina? If it's from the urethra, it sounds like you could have a bladder infection and need to get it checked out, but if it's vaginal, it's probably spotting caused by the Metformin. If that's the case, it sounds like you'll hopefully get a period soon!
    Hidden Content Married SAHM - Me(35) DH(40)Hidden Content
    DS1 (2003) Clomid, IC Miracle - Bedrest, DS2 (2007) Metformin, IC Miracle - Cerclage
    Angel Baby @ 18 wks (2001) Bicornuate uterus, IC "To God we belong, and to Him is our return." Qur'an 2:156

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure, all i know is that it's always on the toilet paper after i wipe it's light blood, i keep thinking i'm starting a period but it never comes, i've noticed it for about 2 weeks now.
    Thank you! x

Thanks

Hmm, are you having any burning when you urinate or are you going more frequently?
    If not, it's probably spotting from your lining (how long ago was your last period?) Is the pink like water, or thicker like mucus? Can you feel it and see if it's sticky? Try wiping before you urinate next time, and if there is any blood, it's vaginal.
    DS1 (2003) Clomid, IC Miracle - Bedrest, DS2 (2007) Metformin, IC Miracle - Cerclage
    Angel Baby @ 18 wks (2001) Bicornuate uterus, IC "To God we belong, and to Him is our return." Qur'an 2:156

Thanks
    Blog Entries

No burning but i'm constantly urinating, but i have been like this for years. My last period ended about 5 weeks ago (that lasted about 3 weeks) it seems more watery than thick but i'm not sure because i haven't felt it (i will next time i go) and i will wipe before i go next time, thanks for your advice! appreciated! x

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Just went to the toilet, wiped before i urinated and there was light blood on the toilet paper but there is never any blood on my underwear :/

Thanks

Yeah it sounds like vaginal spotting, and that can be common when you first start metformin and your body is trying to sort things out. I would take it as a good sign!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Great thanks for the advice! Just wish my gynaecologist had told me that when he gave me met so i knew what to expect and i wouldn't have had to worry!! xx