Thanks

Default best hair color for thinning hair

So, I'm slowly going bald. No complete bald spots YET, but I'm seriously thin at the hairline. Right now I am my natural color, a very dirty blonde. I'm thinking/wanting to go red, I used to be a red head all the time pre-bald. But I am worried my thin hair might be more obvious. Anyone know of hair colors that are best for thinning hair?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tdgirl1981 View Post
    So, I'm slowly going bald. No complete bald spots YET, but I'm seriously thin at the hairline. Right now I am my natural color, a very dirty blonde. I'm thinking/wanting to go red, I used to be a red head all the time pre-bald. But I am worried my thin hair might be more obvious. Anyone know of hair colors that are best for thinning hair?
    Best leave it your natural color, I think. Dyes and rinses can be pretty hard on the hair.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joyblack View Post
    Best leave it your natural color, I think. Dyes and rinses can be pretty hard on the hair.
    I disagree, it can really condition your hair. My hair is always fabulous after I dye it.

Thanks

Since i go to beauty school, i can tell you that if your hair is thin already, dying it will make it worse. The dye will dull your hair follicles, and make it lifeless. The color will not cover up any baldness, or disquise how thin it is, and is getting.
    Ive had many women ask the same thing. Sadly, it never works.
    The only solution is to get a wig. Thats what alot of women do.

Thanks

I went a deep burgundy, with blonde peekaboos (blonde chunks under the burgundy an thru the middle of the head with burgundy on the bottom ).. so what the burgundy (top of head) shows is blonde & scalp since my hair is thinning, but seeing the blonde pieces under the burgundy make it all look blonde & not so scalp-ish looking.. if that makes any sense lol.. my hair hasn't looked this full in a while (plus I use a boar bristle brush to tease a little underneath..not a rat comb! )

★ Live Laugh Lღve ★ CandiKisses's Avatar
    Thanks

ooh jadedoll that sounds hott !!! I wanna dye my hair burgundy but im scared -- lol.

td, i'd have to agree with jadedoll I had blonde highlighted hair wanted to dye it dark because i felt bleaching was worst than dyeing it. Dyed it dark and it made my hair look fuller...

My natural hair is a light brown. Everytime my hair grows out i have to dye it back. I think natural light hair makes your hair look very thin. As soon as i dye it, it looks full again. Mine now it almost a black. Brown/black. Looks really nice !! If you look at make over shows all the chics with light hair get their hair dyed it looks much fuller !!

My hair is super healthy it just falls out. I don't think dyeing it will make your hair fall out more because whatevers going to fall out is going to fall out regardless because of whatever it may be in my case high testosterone.

Goodluck hunn !
    Currently Taking

Soy Isoflavones
    Biotin
    Saw Palmetto
    Evening Primrose Oil
    Multi Vitamin
    Nutri-Ox Shampoo/Cond
    Nizoral 1% Shampoo
    Spironolactone

Thanks

Thanks Candi, it'd look great on you!

Oh! The plus side to having blonde peekaboos is that you only have to bleach & dye it once! Last time I did the blonde was 7 months ago, it has MAJOR roots, but your cant tell cus its underneath! ha I absolutely hate bleaching, it burns!

Thanks

I probably won't go red, at least for now. I think I'll either stick to my current yucky dull color or use something along the lines of my current shade, at least to brighten it up a hair.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tdgirl1981 View Post
    I probably won't go red, at least for now. I think I'll either stick to my current yucky dull color or use something along the lines of my current shade, at least to brighten it up a hair.
    If you have dirty blonde hair, instead of dyeing you should try one of those new color glosses. I would JUST use those if I didn't have massive amounts of silver to disguise. They are really supposed to brighten your natural hair color and make it look nice and healthy.
    I personally would not go red if your having issues w/ thinning. Maybe getting some blonde highlights here and there to create depth/dimension, but going all one color, or extreme colors (ie burgundy, etc.) can make it look way worse for us fair headed girls.
    My mother and best friend have extremely thinning hair, and they both used to dye theirs straight auburn/red, but now that they've both gone to a blondish color, their hair looks much much fuller, and not so thin, both in strand/fineness, and scalp thinning.
    Both have thyroid issues. HTH!
    Sam (32)
    Loving & Living Life w/ Mark (33)Hidden Content
    5 Beautiful Children
    Darcy(dd), 11 going on 21Hidden Content
    Brennen(ds),8
    Connor(ds), 7
    Brandon(ds), 6
    Lawrence JacksonHidden Content July 15, 2010
    Hidden Content

★ Live Laugh Lღve ★ CandiKisses's Avatar
    Thanks

I've got clip on extensions too. Their really good when you wanna look pretty for a special day.

thanx jade doll -- I think i'm going to go burgundy in the next couple of months and get blonde clip on peek a boos. I'm scared of bleaching my hair blonde now. I cant wait it sounds super cute !

td, like samie said highlights make your hair look fuller it gives it that illusion because of the different shades. I think the highlights are a good idea... Have you thought of low lights?? That looks cute with blonde hair.
    Currently Taking

Soy Isoflavones
    Biotin
    Saw Palmetto
    Evening Primrose Oil
    Multi Vitamin
    Nutri-Ox Shampoo/Cond
    Nizoral 1% Shampoo
    Spironolactone