Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Victoza

Thanks

Thanks for the info Karla

Registered User TheDisneyGirl02's Avatar
    Thanks

I just started Victoza on Thursday after a visit to my endo. I am tired of gaining weight for no reason and then not being able to lose it. Darn PCOS!

I had some mild stomach discomfort on Thursday and Friday until about mid-day. Then I really started to feel sick. It turns out I got a stomach virus somewhere. I was glad that the vomiting that I was experiencing wasn't from the injection. (I called my endo to make sure). I was told to skip yesterday and start up again today.

We'll see what happens this week with weight loss. I've had more regular soda (ginger ale and Sierra Mist) in the last two days than I've had in years! I'm hoping to switch back to my regular drinking/eating routine tomorrow.

I'm glad I found this thread though...

Thanks

Hello, I am new to this forum. After searching about information regarding Victoza, I happened upon this site. I am not diabetic nor do I have PCOS, however, I believe I am insulin resistant, as I have a very hard time losing weight. After countless vain attempts at shedding the extra poundage, my Dr. put me on Victoza. He started me on .6 and then moved me onto 1.2. I finished the two sample pens he gave me and I have started on my first rx. My problem is, I am terribly nauseous from it and I have no energy. So much so, I am home sick from work with flu-like symptoms, which I know are contributed to the Victoza. My first thought was that the side effects were transient and I just needed to persevere through them. Unfortunately, they are not going away. I have lost 15 pounds, so I am very happy about that but I am tired and listless. My question is, has anybody else experienced this? I love that I am now indifferent towards food but I am unable to exercise like I like to since the malaise. Any advice?

Thanks

Well, I am 5 days into taking the Victoza, and I have lost 5 lbs! I think it's also due to the fact that I've been sick (sore throat/cold type sick), but, I did go to a party Sat night and ate plenty of apps and drank, too, so it's not like I've been starving myself...I started a new eating program on Monday, too - which doesn't talk about what you can or can't eat (except sugar for the first 3 weeks, and they discourage wine since it turns into sugar so fast), but instead when and how you eat...So far I really like it - it's so much easier than counting calories or weighing food! Since we eat out and socialize so much, I am thinking this will work better for me than "dieting", which I hate and seem to have been doing since I was born!

Hard to tell if I had any Victoza side effects since I felt so crummy from being sick anyway! Bonus!

Karla
    ------------------------
    Karla (40) and DH (47)Hidden Content
    Married 5/07 - 2 stepsons (13, 16)
    Two beautiful Bulldogs - Maximus and Ruby

dx PCOS - 7/08, known since 18, though
    Metformin 2000 mg XR (spiro and victoza temp stopped)

Hidden Content

Thanks

Hi ladies,
    I just got back from a follow up with my endo. He gave me a sample of Victoza because he feels I'm a good candidate for it. God knows I'm tired of waking up early to go to the gym and diet with only 15lbs in 3 mos to show for it. I feel as though it's good timing for me because I go back to school on wednesday and I don't know how I'm going to manage working out, working full time, eating reasonably, and taking 5 classes.
    ~Jenn

Age 35. Finding myself in the dating market now my 13yr marriage is ending.
    Mom to beagles: Roswell (RIP little girl), Mr. Peabody, and Gromit.

Diagnosed 8/2009. Currently on:
    Metformin 500 1x daily, acupuncture, working on weight loss, and beginning Victoza as of 9/2

Missing Daniel & Sweetpea Mindijean's Avatar
    Thanks

Can anyone tell me about the cost of Victoza? I'm spending about $65 a month on my 10 pen of Byetta! That's with insurance!

Hidden Content Mindi Jean Sheldon Piasecki on Facebook Hidden Content

Registered User TheDisneyGirl02's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mindijean View Post
    Can anyone tell me about the cost of Victoza? I'm spending about $65 a month on my 10 pen of Byetta! That's with insurance!
    I haven't filled my prescription yet - I've been using the one the doctor gave me. To be perfectly honest with you, I'm nervous to see how much it's going to cost.

Thanks

It's a $25.00 copay for me.

Thanks

Anybody care to give a review of this med since no one has written since 2010? I can't get my doctor to give it to me although my insulin is three time normal.

Dx IR June 2008 CaliAmandalyn1981's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I have been on it for a while now. I like it (I have high blood sugars normally). It seems to keep me pretty even throughout the day. Maybe another dr is in order? I am paying $80 a month for mine.
    Amandalyn~30

HW: 280/CW: 234.8/ GW: 150

Daily Meds:
    I quit taking all the meds and started weight watchers January 9, 2012.

Thanks

Hey ladies! I have been on Victoza for a year now. Good news and bad news for me. I lost 10 pounds....yaaaayy! Bad news....I gained it back. But the real good news is that my numbers are GREAT! A1C 5.3 last check. But the side effect of losing appetite has gone away. Dr. and I have discussed reducing dosage but he is afraid I'll start gaining more weight. Was excerising regularly but have developed other health issue and have been sick.

Thanks

I was diagnosed with PCOS 8 years ago and spent most of that on Metformin. My body never adjusted to the medication, even after trying the extended release formula. I haven't sought treatment for a few years and was dreading going back on metformin. In the past my endo wouldn't really talk to me about what was happening with my body and had me the scrip and be done with it. I went to an endo today and had a great experience. She listened and felt that Metformin wasn't the best option for me, which was good news. However she did suggest Victoza. I start on it tomorrow with the .6 dose. I hadn't heard of this for PCOS until today, so I'm curious about other opinons of it and if they like it. I'm a little nervous about the injections, but I think I'll get used to it. She's also having me test my blood sugar levels twice a day. Do others do that as well?

Thanks for any wisdom or info you have. I'm not new to PCOS, but new to this treatment and am interested in whatever I can find out.

Registered User snowhitegrlie99's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi Ladies!

I am so glad that I finally found a thread I could really relate to... I was diagnosed with PCOS about a year ago, and was told I might be per diabectic last Sept but have been putting off going to the Dr to have further testing done (shame on me) until just recently, when my BF and I finally started talking babies!! So I had a Dr appt last week and was instead diagnose IR until more test results come back and was started on Met 500mg (moving up to 1000mg next week if my tummy can handle it). We did discuss trying me out Victoza when I go back in couple weeks to go over my test results, kind of excited to try something to help me start losing weight again. I was at a steady 220 all through high school and for about 4 years after, and in the last year I have been all over the map up and down, now I am at my all time heaviest at 265 I am so ready for a change and also hope to conceive within the year if we can. Thamks for listening, sorry for rambling...

Snowhitegrlie

Thanks

Default Just started Victoza

Hello ladies, I am so glad to have found this thread. I am going through the process to have weight loss surgery and it was suggested by my surgeon to stop taking Metformin and start taking Victoza for PCOS. My primary doctor agreed and wrote the Rx. I took my first dose (.6 mg) last night. I am hoping that I will see some weight loss. If I do, then we may start TTC again.

I hope everyone will continue to update here.

Thanks

As I have said before, don't get complacent about any weight loss. It still takes work on your part. I haven't talked to anyone that has had the appetite continue to be suppressed and it's easy to fall back into your old habits. I was so hoping it would continue but I gained it back instead. But....my numbers are still great. Good luck.