Thanks

Default how much inositol, do you take and how??

hi ladies!
    just wondering, how much inositol, you ladies take, and how do you take it??
    with food?
    all at once?
    so many times a day??
    thanks
    Gina
    xxx
    me 36 english
    dh 33 scottish
    been ttc for 15 years..diagnosed 16 years ago...had clomid..ovarian drilling..to no avail!!.....started met jan 2002.....shock..pregnant ..baby son born 8 weeks early via emergency c-section,4th feb 2003.due to PLACENTA ABRUPTION!..(both told we are very lucky to be here), second surprise pregnancy, beautiful girl born 4 weeks early via sucessful vbac!,
    update: 3rd baby born 8th august, another girl, via 2nd sucessful vbac!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hi Gina!

I take Source Naturals brand (I have read from more than one place that this brand works better and are more potent??!!)
    Here it is... http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-17840-...ol-powder-8-oz

how much inositol? I take 1 & 1/4 teaspoons, which is 4,225 mg.

with food? My goal is to take it right away when I get up in the morning with water only. It is sweet and goes right down. Just swirl, swish, swallow! I usually try to take it 1 hour away from any food on an empty stomach.

all at once? Yes, I take it all at once because it is easier to remember to do it one time daily on an empty stomach. I am sure that 2-3 times daily is fine too!

so many times a day?? One time a day. Several months ago when I ovulated I think I was taking it twice a day though.
    Losing wieght down to a healthy weight by counting bites
    Hidden Content
    my wieght loss vlog
    Hidden Content

Reached my goal weight in 18 weeks!!! Went from 218.2 lbs to 149.8 lbs!! 68.4 lbs lost! Click on link above and feel free to ask me any questions about counting bites ect for weight loss!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to herbsgirl For This Useful Post:

Chachafance (12-29-2011)

Thanks

hi thanks very much herbsgirl, for your reply.....very helpful!
    could i also ask, when you first noticed that inositol, was doing anything for you?, and what dose you were on at that time!!??

i took 1600mg, this morning, and i felt a bit shakey,...would that be inositol???

thanks again herbsgirl!
    Gina
    xxx
    me 36 english
    dh 33 scottish
    been ttc for 15 years..diagnosed 16 years ago...had clomid..ovarian drilling..to no avail!!.....started met jan 2002.....shock..pregnant ..baby son born 8 weeks early via emergency c-section,4th feb 2003.due to PLACENTA ABRUPTION!..(both told we are very lucky to be here), second surprise pregnancy, beautiful girl born 4 weeks early via sucessful vbac!,
    update: 3rd baby born 8th august, another girl, via 2nd sucessful vbac!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I just started taking it. I use Jarrow Formula. Right now, I take 1 tsp. (2,400 grams) 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in the evening. I take it on an empty stomach, about an hour or so before a meal. I just mix it with my water.

I also take the D-Chiro, 1,200 mg.

I already feel like my stomach and waist look slimmer and I've only been taking it for about a week. I also do cardio at least 3 times a week and strength training and pilates....so that might play a part as well. But in the past, even though I've always had a healthy BMI (well except when I had hyperthyroidism and was underweight), I've always had that stomach pudge/thick waist and felt that I looked heavier than I actually am because of it.

Edited to add: I did start with 1/4 tsp for a couple days, and then 1/4 tsp twice daily for a couple days and now I'm up to what I am doing now.
    Last edited by Bronte; 04-17-2010 at 10:06 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hampshire hog View Post
    hi ladies!
    just wondering, how much inositol, you ladies take, and how do you take it??
    with food?
    all at once?
    so many times a day??
    I take 500mg with each meal (before if I can remember), so as long as I eat the way I should, that equals 1500mg/day. I've taken it both with and without food, for me taking it with my meals is more of a way for me to remember to take it. I do suggest spacing it out throughout the day, whether you do it with meals or just at certain times though. That way your body has a constant flow of it, so to speak.

Also, if you're planning on working up to a higher dosage - please, please, please work up to it SLOWLY. Some of these dosages are really high, which is wonderful (I never had to go that high personally), however you need to give your body a chance to adjust and also give yourself a chance to gauge your reaction. Those shakes youre feeling could very well be a result of taking too much Inositol at once and not being used to it yet. I'd honestly suggestion starting with no more than 500mg a day for a week, and then slowly step it up each week or every few days if you're feeling okay.

I had wonderful results at 1500mg and started noticing an effect within about 2 months or so in the form of AF showing up after a long absence and a weight loss of about 20lbs or so. The results continued until I choose to take myself off of it for the duration of my pregnancy.
    Me + DH = Oliver (5/1/10)
    #2 EDD October 2013!!
    Metformin XR (2000mg/day)
    June - Soy 160mg CD3-7 BFN/long cycle
    July - Soy 80mg CD 3-7 BFN/32d cycle
    August - November - OFF
    December - Soy 160mg CD 3-7 BFN/28d cycle
    January - 2000mg Metformin - SURPRISE BFP!

Hidden Content

Thanks

I am taking 650 mg twice a day after meals. Reading this thread, I may change that to before.

M

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm taking 1200 mg of the Source Naturals powder twice a day. I probably should have worked up to it more slowly than I did; I've only been taking it for about 6 days. I also just finished Provera and got my period for the first time in 5 months (yay!), so it'll be a bit before I can tell if the inositol helped with that. I did lose three pounds in those 6 days w/o really trying, though that could have been a coincidence... ;-)
    Me (33) and hubby (34). One niblet (Caleb, 18 months) and 2 crazy kitties. Ditching the birth control and letting nature take its course for #2.

Cycle 1 (July 2010): 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel. No growth.
    Cycle 2 (Sept 2010): 100mg Clomid, Ovidrel. One good follicle, thin lining. BFN
    Cycle 3 (Oct 2010): 5mg Femara, Ovidrel. BFN
    Cycle 4 (Nov 2010): 5mg Femara, 150IU Follistim, Ovidrel. First IUI cycle. BFP!

Thin cyster; taking Metformin ER 1500mg. Also on some other fun (hah!) non-PCOS meds.

Thanks

Why is it better to take inositol before meals? Anyone know?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arcticslug View Post
    Why is it better to take inositol before meals? Anyone know?
    Honestly, the only reason I started taking it before meals was out of habit and to make it easier to remember. The first part is because I've found that most vitamins tend to make me nauseous if I don't eat soon after or as I take them. So I figured better to be safe than sorry, since I had no clue how the Inositol would work. The second part is because I wanted to be able to spread my dosage out through the day so I was getting a constant flow, so to speak. Timing the dosage with meals was the easiest way to do that.

Now, over a year later, I know that the Inositol doesn't cause me any stomach upset if I take it before or after meals - however I still time it within an hour or so, that way it's easier not to forget any doses.
    Me + DH = Oliver (5/1/10)
    #2 EDD October 2013!!
    Metformin XR (2000mg/day)
    June - Soy 160mg CD3-7 BFN/long cycle
    July - Soy 80mg CD 3-7 BFN/32d cycle
    August - November - OFF
    December - Soy 160mg CD 3-7 BFN/28d cycle
    January - 2000mg Metformin - SURPRISE BFP!

Hidden Content