Thanks

Question How can I dialte faster? Im 1cm and 25% effaced 38 weeks

so I went for my 38 week appt thursday and was only 1cm dialatedand 25% effaced I am in a huge amount of pain down there have been since 25 weeks just keeps increasing. Just wondering for those of you that were only 1cm dialted did walking help you progress at all? how long did it take? I cant get my membraines stipped because I have group b strep, sex also is not an option because my hubbys deployed and I will not take caster oil lol. I started walking everyday since thursday hoping it helps otherwise she said when I go back next friday we will scheudle a social induction for the following week when Im due instead of waiting till 41 weeks. Any other suggestions to help with dialation? Also this is my 2nc child I was induced with my 1st at 36 and 6 days because I had sever preeclamsia so I have nothing to go by as far as when I might go.
    Michelle(26) Hidden Content Jonathan(26) married 1/4/05
    (6) son Jon Jr 10/4/06 (2) son Jacob
    Pregnant with #3 got pregnant after 3 months of trying after stoping bc pills have been on metformin for 2 years.
    Gender ultrasound Oct 11th was told Girl

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Other than walking, I don't think there is much you can do. He'll come when he is ready and not before. I think a lot of that stuff - sex, walking, eating certain foods, only works if baby is ready to come. Sorry you are in pain.
    Me: 36
    DH: 37
    DS#1 - 6.5
    DS #2 - 4
    DS #3 - 2

lil fairie inside me icklefairie's Avatar
    Thanks

spicy food is ment to good to bring on labour ermm i cant think much else hope it happens soon for ya xx
    Hidden Content
    kerry (me) 27 james (fiance) 29
    erin (dd) 25/10/2007 jake (ds) 18/09/2010

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

the only other thing I can think of is nipple stimulation. That can make you contract. I think you best bets are nipple stimulation (manual or with a breast pump) and walking.
    Pam (33) & Steve (36)
    Julian Russell (Jude) Born 3/8/06 -5lb 13 oz
    Asa Nelson (Ace) Born 10/9/07 C/S (Breech)- 3 lbs 14 oz Living with Down Syndrome
    Kairo Prudence (Kai) Born 5/8/10 (VBAC) -5 lbs 6 oz, 20 inches at 38 weeks
    Lincoln Cash due Jan 28, 2013

Thanks

Time...that's about it. You can try sex (sperm can soften the cervix) and nipple stimulation (to try to bring on contractions) but really, just time.

FWIW, I was 3 cm and 50% effaced from 37 weeks (I think) until the day DS2 was born (40w5d).

Have you thought about going swimming to give your pelvis a little break?

Thanks

It doesn't matter what you do - that baby won't come out until he is ready to live and breathe on his own outside of your womb. It's incredibly frustrating. I feel your pain.

With DD, I was on bed rest for 3 months because she tried to come at 23 weeks. We were all certain that she would come at 36 weeks (when I came off of bedrest) but I ended up being induced at 41 weeks (induction was necessary due to low fluid).
    ~*~Bekki (26) Hidden Content Josh (35)~*~

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

I agree with pp, unless your body is ready, there is very little you can do. Castor oil can sometimes work, but for me it just resulted in irregular contractions, and not enough to put me into real labor. But if you are truly miserable, might be worth a try.
    Penny
    Mom to Chloe (17), Stephen (14) and Stella (3)

BFP on 6th and final IUI!!!!!! - March 2010
    TTC#4 since April 2012
    Natural BFP and M/C Dec 2012 & Jun 2014

Thanks

This isn't something to induce labor, however, it will help ripen your cervix more, so that when you do start having contractions, its more responsive. Evening of Primrose Oil...it basically does the same things that lots of sex does. It gets the naturally occurring prostaglandulins going to help ripen the cervix, and ready to your body more to go into labor. Its considered very safe, and I actually know several OBs' and Midwives that will actually tell their patients the last couple of weeks of pregnancy to start taking it, to help ready things.
    This is more of an old wives' tale, but I have known several women who swear by it. Eating eggplant. Most have eggplant parmesan.
    Also, another thing to try, which again, isn't an inducer at ALL, but more of a tonic to prime your body, is Red Raspberry Leaf, either in capsule form or tea. It is a 'uterine tonic', which just means that it is specifically useful for naturally toning the uterine tissue, and getting it healthy. HTH!
    Sam (32)
    Loving & Living Life w/ Mark (33)Hidden Content
    5 Beautiful Children
    Darcy(dd), 11 going on 21Hidden Content
    Brennen(ds),8
    Connor(ds), 7
    Brandon(ds), 6
    Lawrence JacksonHidden Content July 15, 2010
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Yes! My midwife had me start EPO and RRL at 39 weeks. Still didn't keep me from going overdue, but it was worth a try!
    ~*~Bekki (26) Hidden Content Josh (35)~*~

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

I also did EPO and RRL tea. My midwife's rule with RRL tea is 1 cup/day per trimester you're in. In other words, 1 cup/day during 1st tr, 2/day in 2nd tri, and 3/day in the 3rd tri. I was already in the 3rd trimester when I switched to her, so I drank 3 cups/day until DS2 was born. Again, he still didn't come until 40w5d.

Thanks

I was 1cm and 75% effaced at 37 weeks and 2 days. Then my next appt was 38 weeks and 2 days and I was 2cm and 80% effaced. After both appointments I left the OB office feeling like it was going to happen at anytime! Here I am at 39 weeks today and still no baby
    I have the sharp shooting vaginal pains, I can barely walk due to all the pressure my little moose is putting on me since he has flipped and is head down. My back hurts so bad all the time and I have a hard time breathing! It is hard these last few weeks. Very, very hard. I want him out! LOL But my next appt isn't until Tuesday so I am curious to see what is going on since I have been having contractions on and off since 38 weeks.

Also, I walk a lot everyday and while it may be helping me dialate...apparently it isn't helping all that much and I just feel even more sore when I am done! Hang in there and know...you are not alone!!! I am miserable too!
    Ectopic 8/08 ~ M/C 4/09
    Septum resection 7/1/09
    Surprise bfp 8/13/09
    Logan Michael born 5/3/2010
    9lbs 2oz / 21 inches

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content