Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Right tube picking up the left egg???

I have a birth defect that left me with only one Fallopian tube (right side), one kidney (right side), and half a uterus. I am taking injectables to insure I O on my right side each month. So far it has worked until this month and I will O out of the left side where there is no Fallopian tube to carry the egg. My RE said that he has seen where the right tube will pick up the egg from the left ovary and fertilization and implantation can still happen. He said he sees it about 3 times a year. Has anyone heard of this happening or how it can happen?
    TTC # for over a year with no luck Hidden Content
    Working on weight loss.

Thanks

Wow, I have never heard of such a thing, but wouldn't that be amazing??! Our bodies are so complex!!
    Me (Genny) 31, DH 32
    TTC: Feb 09
    PCOS Dx: Aug 09
    Oct 2009 - August 2010: 4 Follistim cycles - All BFN
    Dec 10: BFP on 12/03/10!
    08/13/11 - Our sweet baby boy is here!!!

Hidden Content For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Tribbles on board AnotherDreamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, there is like a 3% chance of it happening. I wish I had more info about this, but a cyster on my buddy thread did tell me a little about it- she had lost a tube due to an ectopic pregnancy. So while the odds are low, it is possible. The tubes and ovaries are not attached to each other specifically and they float around like your arms flailing around off your body (lol, that makes me think of a cartoon uterus waving its arms and yelling or something). So they can wander (my left ovary wanders all over the freaking place, it hides behind my uterus a lot) Crazy isn't it

You have a mullerian duct anomaly then? I believe you're talking about the Uicornate Uterus, right? That's what it sounds like. I have a mullerian anomaly too but not the unicornate, mine is just a uterine septum- I had it resected recently. The women on the mullerian anomaly yahoo group are really helpful if you have questions about anything. I can share the link if you're interested
    Stephanie 29 & DH 28 :: Hidden Content
    Miscarriages: 5/08, 3/09, 11/09
    TTC#1 4 years
    + injects/IUI= DS 12/11
    TTC#2 injects/IUI= OHSS, BFP 10/28/13 Twins
    "If you're going through hell, keep going." --Winston Churchill
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I have heard that it is possible but not probable. I have my right tube but only ovulate on the left side. I have an ovary on the right but that stinker won't ovulate without stimulation! Hope you're one of the few that it happens to!
    DH:Hidden Content 32 - Low morph
    Me: 33 - Lupus, +ACLs, One tube, DOR, endo
    TTC since July 2007
    1 furbaby - Lexi
    14 months Natural - one m/c 4/08
    6 rounds 50mg Clomid/IUI- 1 BFP ectopic lost left tube
    4 rounds Follistim,trigger, IUI -BFN
    Several rest months due to cysts
    Jan - IVF cancelled due to poor responseHidden Content
    March - 2nd IVF - got infection/transfer canceled
    Aug 24th - FET - Traf'd two blasts Hidden Content - Chemical Pregnancy

My blog: Hidden Content

Thanks

Iím not really thinking its going to happen, I just wanted some more info on it and see if it has happened to anyone or if anyone knew if it happening to anyone.
    AnotherDreamer: Yep, Uicornate Uterus! Itís really hard to find any information on-line regarding it too. I would love that website! My left ovary is usually VERY hard to find too. There are some ultrasounds that it canít be found at all. Iím not trying to sound negative but with all the set backs I am having, I am really starting to think that pregnancy is just not in the cards for me. I am starting to come to terms with it. I really appreciate all your input and helpful information and would love to know more about that website.
    Working on weight loss.

Thanks

Is IVF an option for you? Maybe you can try to conceive with that and God willing it will happen. I'd go for IVF if I could afford it. My left tube is also blocked or missing or something.
    Me: 32 DH: 34
    TTC #1 since 05/2008
    ~*~Muslim Cyster~*~

DD born 12/19/2012 Hidden Content

TTC #2 since 10/2013

When He decrees an affair, He only says to it, "Be," and it is. Qur'an 19:35

Thanks

We can not do IVF. Itís just too much for us. I will try 2 more IUIís over the next few months and then I guessÖ thatís it! I still have one tube so I still have a chance if I O from the right side.
    Working on weight loss.

Tribbles on board AnotherDreamer's Avatar
    Thanks

No problem ellie_G- it's here http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/MullerianAnomalies/

You have to join the group to see the information because it's private, but there is a TON of information there and the ladies are very helpful on the forum

They also set up a blog with information, which is public- http://mulleriananomalies.blogspot.com/

Hope the info helps out- I know what you mean about fearing it won't happen- but hang in there hun.
    Stephanie 29 & DH 28 :: Hidden Content
    Miscarriages: 5/08, 3/09, 11/09
    TTC#1 4 years
    + injects/IUI= DS 12/11
    TTC#2 injects/IUI= OHSS, BFP 10/28/13 Twins
    "If you're going through hell, keep going." --Winston Churchill
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I also have a unicorn uterus and It has never happened to me even though my RE says there's a slight chance of my right tube picking up from the left ovary. My RE wont have me do injections because he says It is a waste of money and besides I ovulate with 150mg clomid.
    Me 30 Hidden Content DH 30 est.2003
    Dx. 11/08

Metformin XR 1000mg
    Clomid 150mg cd 3-7
    Progesterone in suppositories and injections at 3dpo
    Lovenox Injections at 3dpo
    Baby aspirin at 3dpo
    Prenatal vitamin

HSG and Laparoscopy in July,2009
    HSG shows I have a unicornuate uterus (right side), two ovaries, one tube, and 2 kidneys

Thanks

Miasal2003: My RE has be doing injectables because he likes to see my right ovary (where the tube is) producing as many follicles as possible. Why does your RE say itís a waste of money? I wish everything was cut and dry but there are so many different opinions and I love to hear what others think. Do you still O from left one cycle then right the other cycle? I have never Oíed from the left until this cycle. Have you ever become pregnant? Sorry for all the questions but I have never met anyone with this condition who is also trying to conceive. How were you diagnosed?
    Working on weight loss.

Thanks

My RE thinks it's a waste of money because I could O on the left side where there is no tube and chances of the right tube picking up from the left ovary is very unlikely. I usually O on both sides it alternates but lately and I'm lucky it's been the right side. Yes I have been pregnant before I have carried a baby to 26 weeks which the baby didn't make it she was to small, babies that are born to mothers with a unicorn uterus are smaller than average babies because there is not as much room for them. I found out about my unicorn uterus through my HSG in June of 09 3 days before my Laparoscopy and the very next day I had another procedure where I had an IV and a few x-rays to determine how many kidneys I had because people with a unicorn uterus usually only have one but "lucky" me I have 2 kidneys. My RE and I are very optimistic that I will carry a baby to at least 32 weeks but there is a lot of work once I do get pregnant for example I have to take Lovenox injections and a baby aspirin I will also need a cerclage placed in at 12 weeks and a lot of bed rest.
    Dx. 11/08

Metformin XR 1000mg
    Clomid 150mg cd 3-7
    Baby aspirin at 3dpo
    Prenatal vitamin

HSG shows I have a unicornuate uterus (right side), two ovaries, one tube, and 2 kidneys

Thanks

Miasal2003: Thank you so much for the info. I have yet to meet anyone else in the same situation as me. Why do you take the Lovenox? How did you become pregnant the fist time (sorry for your loss)? I have been so lucky to always O from the right too but this last cycle I was not so lucky and I am wondering if my body is becoming more ďnormalĒ and switching sides each cycle?
    Working on weight loss.

Thanks

I got pregnant with no help, all on my own I do get my period every month but I don't ovulate every month it took about me bout 1 year to get pregnant. After my loss I had 2 miscarriages and that's when I decide to switch OBGYN and she was great she did all the lab works and I was diagnosed with PCOS she gave me clomid I started at 50mg and now take 150mg I would ovulate and I had a chemical pregnancy and we did 2 IUI but that was before we knew about my unicron uterus and I remember that they were from my left side where there is no tube. After 6 moths I moved to my RE he is great he did the HSG and a Laparoscopy and I did my first IUI this morning with my RE and it went great I had 2 follicles and he did an ultrasound before the IUI and I have released 1 the other one is still there. I take Lovenox because of the number of miscarriages I have and my RE thinks it's beneficial once I do get pregnant he says that would bring more blood flow to the uterus and the baby
    Dx. 11/08

Metformin XR 1000mg
    Clomid 150mg cd 3-7
    Baby aspirin at 3dpo
    Prenatal vitamin

Thanks

Hello

I just wanted to share my experience with you. In 2002 I had my left tube removed due to an Ectopic pregnancy. I became pregnant again in 2003 and an early scan showed that my left ovary had released the egg and the right tube had reached over and 'grabbed' it.

I am now pregnant again and the exact same thing has happened. I never realised how rare it was for this to happen but wanted to give you hope that it can and does happen.

Wishing you all the luck in the world.

Thanks

IVF is the best money I ever spent. with a combo of gifts, cash, and a loan we were able to do it and it actually was not as expensive as I thought it would be . I mention this because you might want to focus your efforts on activites that have a higher chance of success but as AmandaB71 points out rare things do happen.