Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Very large clots in period please help

Hi i haven't had a period for a few months before this one, i've been on it now for just over 2 weeks, it was fine at the start but now it's got so heavy that i've been wearing a tampon and a pad but it's still coming through, sorry for giving too much information but i've been wearing super plus tampons and i've had to change it every 20 minutes because it's becoming so full, i've had heavy periods before but never like this, i've been having clots in there too (i know that it's normal to have small jelly like clots sometimes on a heavy period) but these are way bigger and their constantly coming out, their bigger than two pence pieces, also when i pass urine there's lots of blood in the bowl ( i don't know whether i'm passing blood in my urine or if it's from the period) and i'm getting really bad back pain, has anyone got any advice please?? Thanks in advance!

Thanks

I have had heavy clots when I miss my period for a few months. In fact I am quite worried since I am sitting here beginning it now. The first time that the period went on and on.. I started getting really weak as I guess I got anemic and eventually the doctor did a D&C I guess to scoop it all out.. I guess it had gone on too long and too much pain. The last time I just used a MILLION pads and no tampons. That might help. If you have clots, the clots need to come out and the tampon seems to block it.. and I also realized too that I would need to change tampons a lot...so I just gave up and went to wearing two pads and changing all the time. You should check with your doctor because losing a lot of blood can make you really weak.

Oh the clots are very scary to see..but try not to freak out too much.. You had so much lining built up it just collapsed and has to leave and there is not enough of whatever hormone/chemical to make it come out fully liquid ( that is my so non-medical summary of what a doctor had told me)...

ok, so of course this is not intended to be medical advice, but just sharing my own experience.

Hang in there!

Thanks

What exactly is D&C? Im curious. Because I am on Metformin and also have taken Provera and no luck with getting AF. The doc said that I have a very thick lining in my uterus.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the advice! I'm waiting for the doctor to ring me back now to see what he says x x

Blessed Mommy x 2 canadiangirlttc's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope your doctor has some answers, but you're not alone.
    I have very large clots, to the point I have to run to the bathroom or I flood through everything.

Susan (33), DH (36)
    06/08 ~ Clomid + Gonal F + Ovidril + 2 IUI's
    BFP ~ 6/30/08
    U/S 7/7/08: It's TWINS!!
    Born 2/22/09 ~ full term, induced at 38 wks

~ I never knew what true love was, until I married the man of my dreams and held these babies in my arms, I am blessed with 2 special little miracles!

Thanks

I am having this problem now too. I been bleeding since the beginning of April. I am feeling so weak. I have an appt with the RE on May 17th. I don't think I can make it that long. My cramps are so bad. I am taking percocets for the pain. I have the percs for my foot (i sprained it) but i don't need them for my foot cause my cramps bother me more. Im really scared cause i slept for 14 hours from last night till today. I only woke up to go to the bathroom and clean up the blood and change my panties cause they are being destroyed. I dont know what to do May 17th seems so far away

Thanks
    Blog Entries

The doctor rang and she asked me could i be pregnant, i said 'no i don't think so' so she said 'there are a few reasons why u could be bleeding heavily, either pregnancy or hormonal changes' she said that if i could go to the doctors there were tablets she could give me, but i said i couldn't get there because i don't drive and i didn't want to chance catching the train incase the blood came through so she said there's nothing she can do unless i go up there so i have to just wait and see if it gets any better now :/ but it seemed to get worse lastnight, sorry for giving too much information but when i got up from bed this morning (i had a tampon and 2 pads on) the blood was all over the bed, i got up to go to the bathroom and clean myself up and it ran down my legs and it was all over the floor, the clots are still about the size of fifty pence pieces.

Blessed Mommy x 2 canadiangirlttc's Avatar
    Thanks

Leah - can your doctor not call in a perscription or fax it to the pharmacy???

Susan (33), DH (36)
    06/08 ~ Clomid + Gonal F + Ovidril + 2 IUI's
    BFP ~ 6/30/08
    U/S 7/7/08: It's TWINS!!
    Born 2/22/09 ~ full term, induced at 38 wks

~ I never knew what true love was, until I married the man of my dreams and held these babies in my arms, I am blessed with 2 special little miracles!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Nope i asked her and i asked if someone could go pick it up for me but she said no she needs to see me first before they can prescribe me anything x

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I actually leaked during my dr appointment. But because I had been bleeding so heavily for so long I took a big tote type purse and had extra pads-tampons a spare pair of pants and undies in it too. It took me half an hour to go from my house to the dr and I had to change when I got there. Sigh. I also bled through a little waiting at the pharmacy for my prescription, BUT I had on a long shirt and black pants so no one noticed. You need to see the doc to get those pills and hopefully feel better so maybe taking a change of clothing with you and changing the pads at the dr's restroom right before you head home will get you through long enough that you won't leak blood through while in public?
    Hidden Content Amanda LeeHidden Content
    Short term weight loss goal:
    Hidden Content

sweetmisscuddles sweetmisscuddles's Avatar
    Thanks

I have this problem at the moment, I have been spotting for 3 months, 2 weeks ago the clots and constant flooding started, I have been on tablets, but they have done nothing, so now I'm waiting for a biopsy to find out what is causing the bleeding and then hopefully get one step closer to having a hysterectomy.

Thanks

i have been having big clots too - but not for the extended amount of time that you have all had it.

I'm not on metformin or any other medications that are prescribed - just vitex and prenatals.

My clots seem to have made this period shorter - but the amount of pain i was in was extreme for the first 3 days - i felt faint, and my clots were about as big as my fist. I only got my period Friday night, it's now Tuesday and the clots seem to have made it pass quicker (my period is normally 7 days!).

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Clots during ur period are caused from ur uterine line shedding. If u havent had a period in a couple of months then its definitely going to be heavy with clots. I've always had this problem. But in Feb i started and bled for 2 weeks with heavy bleeding and clots going through a tampon and pad every hour sometimes 2x an hour. My dr gave me aygestin to stop my period then within a few days i started my period again but it was more regular and only lasted 4 days. so good luck with it all. But its not surprising its so heavy.

Thanks

I have a tendency not to have a period for months. I already have horribly heavy periods, but when i miss them for months I get really big clots! The first time this ever happened to me i ended up in the er for hemorrhaging and it scared me soo much! Now I go through that 3 times a year whenever my body decided to have a period. I wish there was something I could tell you to make it easier but waiting it out till your lining thins out is the only thing you can do! Whenever this happens I cant leave the house cause I bleed through everything.

Thanks

There've been a couple times when I had big clots and a period that seemed like the life was totally draining out of me. I was changing my pad every hour or so, but it still leaked onto my jeans. I was so glad I was on my break by myself, because it leaked into the chair I was sitting in, so I was able to hurry to clean it up before anybody noticed it. On my way home, I had to sit on some newspaper so I didn't ruin the upholstery of my car...