Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Exclamation Insulite Labs PCOS system--what's the deal?

Ok so I heard of the Insulite Labs PCOS system some time ago. It is kinda pricey so I never ordered it. I been struggling a lot lately to get some weight off. It is very frustrating because I know that I have been working so hard and being so good yet I get no results whatsoever. I want to know if there is anyone out there that has tried this system. Were there side effects? How long until you noticed changes? Most importantly...does it work?!?! It is still expensive but I am at my wits end and I am willing to spend what it takes!! I just need some real life reviews...not the ones on the company of the website selling the product. Please help! Thanks!!!

Thanks

I ordered the 2 month insulite system and tried it. I was extremely disappointed. I took the pills just as directed, followed the proper diet instructions and exercised as the plan calls for. I gained more weight!!!

That being said I have gained weight on every diet system I have tried. I have done weight watchers, the insulite system, south beach etc. and always gained weight. I did not start losing weight until I began taking Metformin and Adipex (and My doctor is pretty convinced that the weight loss is from the Met and not the Adipex because the issue is not how much I eat, but what I eat). The insulite system calls for a Low GI diet and eating 6 meals a day. It was extremely difficult to eat that many times a day - i am just never that hungry! I have been following the low GI diet (3 meals a day) while taking the Met and Adipex and have lost 35 lbs. I have not had much time to exercise lately and have still lost weight. I am getting back in the swing of going to the gym now that my life has slowed down a little and that should keep my weight loss going!

I would not waste the $ on the insulite plan. Follow a low GI diet (there are several books and info online) and get exercise. Talk to your doctor about whether or not taking metformin is right for you.
    Me (29) - PCOS, IR; DH (29) 1 fur baby - Rohan Davey
    TTC #1 03/09
    Met 2500mgs, Clomid 100mgs, prenatals, DHA omega 3s, vitamin c, vitamin b complex, B12, B6
    HSG 5/11,SA 5/11,PC 5/11- all perfect
    Finally! HCG 6/29/11 596!

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I have done low carb, low GI, and counted calories. I was on Metformin for over a year..have done 4 rounds of clomid while TTC...nothing has worked!! The met made my cycle more regular but I still didn't ovulate and my weight didn't change at all. =[ I have been thinking about getting back on the met but I want to try something new. If I do give insulite a try...do I take the met at the same time??

Thanks

Hi,

I've been on it for a little over a month now (and it cost me a fortune as I live in the UK so had an additional 128 in customs duty and VAT), and so far I'm impressed by it. I'm on a lot of other medication (metformin, dianette, cyproterone acetate) and have been for years so my symptoms are largely under control, but I genuinely feel really different on this. Its not a mirace cure, its just righting the balance, so its not going to make you lose weight on its own, just help with it. I'm not following the diet to the letter. I eat low GI anyway and exercise a lot (and have a BMI around 20) so I don't see that its necessary to eat six meals a day (I eat four, as I work long hours and have a snack in the afternoon).
    I can't really explain the difference, but my skin is brighter, the dark circles under my eyes are fading, I have more energy, and I just feel more feminine and much more calm and balanced, I get less stressed about things and feel more in control. I know that all sounds a bit wierd, but I feel like they're putting me back in balance.
    I know they're expensive, but I'd really recommend them. Maybe not if you're just looking to lose weight, but definitely otherwise.
    Best of luck whatever you end up trying.

Pip x

Thanks

Thanks ramona...that's very promising. I feel like the imbalance caused by PCOS makes me crazy sometimes. I hope that it can help me feel more calm and balanced and less stressed as you described! Thanks for replying! That makes me feel optimistic! Good luck to you!!!

Thanks

Red face update

So...today is the 5th day I have been on the Insulite Labs PCOS system. I am very pleased so far. It was kind of a shock how many pills I am taking everyday. 4 in the morning with breakfast, 5 between breakfast and lunch, another 5 between lunch and dinner, and 4 more with dinner! 18 pills a day!! It's so worth it so far though. I haven't had any unpleasant side effects really...well they do make me burp more than usual (right after the doses where I take 5) but that may very well be from all the water I drink while taking them. I noticed slightly less acne (and hopefully that continues to decrease) and I have lost 5 pounds. Before I started the system I was counting calories and working out 5-6x a week and I lost 2 pounds in 3 weeks so those 5 pounds are amazing to me! I am still working out. The system outlines how beginners should get into the habit of working out but since I have been doing so religiously for 2 months now..I was able to start on the intermediate workout level. The plan also indicates how to cut carbs out of your diet by treating it as an addiction and showing you how to avoid withdraws by cutting carb intake by 10% a week. This is something I was already trying to cut down before the system so at the end of this first week I am going to limit my intake to 30-50g per day and see what kind of results I get. I will update again next week for anyone who is interested.
    ME: 25 PCOS (Dx 2006)
    DH: 24 perfect Hidden Content

TTC #1 Since 2007
    Metformin 1500mg 2007-2009 (no changes)
    Clomid 4 unsuccessful rounds

Domestic adoption May 2009 (It's a GIRL! --Peyton Elaine due December 31st!)
    FAILED ADOPTION (birth mother changed her mind) Hidden Content

2010: Pursuing International Adoption/ begin Insulite Labs PCOS system May 2010

Thanks

Would you mind giving us an update with your experience with this? I just recently came upon this program and am very interested in it. How are you doing on it?

Thanks

I don't have much to update after this week. (buuut that's my fault) Between moving and starting a new job it has been rough to get to the gym. I have been eating well most days. I am happy to report that even on my not-so-good days I did not gain any weight back and overall I am down one more pound this week. I am not saying that the diet is not important...however I think that exercise is key to the success with the insulite labs system. (for me anyway) When I am working out and eating right I lose the weight...when just eating right..I seem to maintain. Still good...I work doubles at work all weekend but first thing Monday I am back in the gym. I will definitely get back to you with a post workout weekly update. Let me know how it is working out for you!! I would love to hear others' stories!!!

TTC #1 Since 2007

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm interested in your progress too Roothie. I'm always wary of all these things because I think sometimes they prey on our desperation to have children or just to live more productive lives. They know no matter how expensive they are, people will still buy them. When I was first diagnosed I researched all the possible alternatives out there and I came across the Insulite system, but the price was just too much for me. I also came across many e-books that claimed they had the answer to PCOS, they too cost a lot of money.

I decided to do my own research, many hours online and several trips to my local library and I was able to formulate a simple diet/lifestyle for myself and it didn't cost me a penny. I've lost 30 pounds with the Low GI diet and exercise alone (most of it within the last 3 months) periods are regular and predictable, no external symptoms of PCOS. The only symptom I still have are the cysts on my ovaries and an anovulatory cycle which is why I was recently put on metformin. But the only reason I'm taking it is because I hope it will give my body that extra push to ovulate.

What I'm trying to say is that I know everybody is different, but one may find that one don't really need some of these drugs that are being peddled online. PCOS can also be a lifestyle disease, if one changes one's lifestyle, habits, and diets, one can reverse the symptoms. But again, because we are different, some need more push than others. So I say, if you think it'll work for you, go ahead. But not after researching all the cheaper alternatives out there first.

Anway, I wish you best of luck and keep the updates coming,

By the way, I wouldn't encourage anyone wanting to start the GI diet to go on any regimented diet plan. Some diet books tell you want to eat, how much and when. Which can be restrictive, sometimes unrealistic and can make you give up easily. What I did was to know the GI value of different foods and only eat the low GI ones, or combine low GI foods with medium GI foods and cut out refined carbs and sugar completely from my diet. It's really that simple.
    Last edited by Nan2010; 06-05-2010 at 03:20 PM.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Praise GOD for His Wonderful Blessings. Prayers truly are answered!
    My PCOS Blog - Hidden Content

Thanks

that is awesome! I envy you for having the drive to go out on your own and research that stuff. I know it was a lot of work. You are right..the methods out there are pricey...I looked at the Insulite Labs system a thousand times before I could bring myself to spend the money on it. You are also right when you say that every person needs their own "push". This system is that for me. I am one of those who often tries to make my diet and workout plan too strict. It works at first but it becomes so impossible so quickly that I give up. You would think that it being so easy for me to see would make it easy to fix but it is not. Everyone wants to see results in the beginning so they know that all the hard work they are doing and the things that they are giving up are going to pay off in the end. So far...this system is giving me a jump start. I really feel like they are getting in my system and doing good things...Of course I want the end result to be ovulation and a healthy pregnancy and that may not happen...but I have tried other things and they didn't work so what have I got to lose? I will definitely post my progress! I know the same methods will not work for all of us...I hope everyone out there finds one that works for them!!!

TTC #1 Since 2007

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RoothieC View Post
    Ok so I heard of the Insulite Labs PCOS system some time ago. It is kinda pricey so I never ordered it. I been struggling a lot lately to get some weight off. It is very frustrating because I know that I have been working so hard and being so good yet I get no results whatsoever. I want to know if there is anyone out there that has tried this system. Were there side effects? How long until you noticed changes? Most importantly...does it work?!?! It is still expensive but I am at my wits end and I am willing to spend what it takes!! I just need some real life reviews...not the ones on the company of the website selling the product. Please help! Thanks!!!
    Hi there Roothie...I'm sorry I didn't see this post sooner. I've been on the Insulite system for over a month. Just started month 2. I actually, for the first time in nearly a decade, had a period ON MY OWN. That is HUGE for me. I haven't been the best at taking all the pills. In fact I'd wager to guess I only took about 70 % or so of all the pills for month one. I missed the Gluc X the most of them all. However, just based on that...and based on the fact I didn't change anything else, I think it's owrking for me. If I can help you with anything regarding the system, or want to know any personal questions, feel free to contact me and I'll help you. I plan to try it for 5 or 6 months, and then try to stop and see what happens. I know it is expensive...and I am finanically strapped right now. However, I know the price I'm paying in damage to my body from insulin resistance and hormonal imbalance is priceless. I can't put a price on my health..so I'm going to try for 5 or 6 months. I wish you luck if you try it. I do take an unusual schedule...I take each supplement all together (4 of the PCOS plus in the AM, then 4 of the InsulX at noon, Gluc X after dinner all 6 of them, and then RejuvenX at bedtime, all 4 of them). I couldn't do their schedule the way they posted it on the forum on their site. It was crazy...like taking a few pills every 2-3 hours. I dont' have that kind of time, and I"m terrible at remembering the pills. What I did was get a weekly pill container with 4 sections per day, and filled it out for the week. This helped IMMENSELY. I would recommend that method if you can't remember pills very well. Mine are able to be taken out by day, so I can take the whole day's pills with me. That's what I do. Good luck to you, and please contact me if I can answer anything else for you.

Thanks

not much of an update...I am down just one additional pound. That's still good though. (especially since this weekend was filled with family, bbqs, and birthday parties!) Mostly I am confused. I differ from many cysters in that I do get a period every month. PCOS causes my cycles to be short...every 21 days or 17 a year. When I was on fertility meds they would make my cycle longer (all the way up to 38 days at one point) My doctor at that time said that would be my best sign as to whether or not they were working...my cycle would be longer. But then again..my last doctor was not very familiar with PCOS (like most docs). So yesterday was day 17 of my first full cycle being on the insulite labs system. But instead of it being day 18 today, I am right back to Day 1 of a new cycle. It made them even shorter. I don't know what this means for me. While I am more than happy for the system to help me lose weight that I have not been able to lose having PCOS...my ultimate goal is ovulation and pregnancy. I guess only time will tell. We'll see how long this cycle lasts...

TTC #1 Since 2007

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I just started the insulite system yesterday. I noticed that my urine smells very different than usual. Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Roothie, have you tried Vitex agnus castus? It's a herb that helps to regulate periods, takes a couple of months to work though, but it works.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Praise GOD for His Wonderful Blessings. Prayers truly are answered!
    My PCOS Blog - Hidden Content

Thanks

Hi! I would love to hear updates on Insulite! I'm about to order it! Would LOVE to hear if anyone actually conceived on it... Thanks!!!