Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Wink How i cured pcos

Hey cysters!!!! Iíve got good news. As we know, pcos is an inflammatory disorder based upon numerous conditions. Iíve been eager to beat pcos and take control of my life. So it only made sense to do some research and find information on this condition. Since Iíve tried everything I thought about anti-flammatory herbs that might benefit me http://www.pcoscoach.com/inflammation.html

One anti-flammatory herb that Interested me was a herb called Tumeric aka Curcuma longa. This history on this herb is impressive and research studies today are finding great things about this herb. One thing that attracted me to this herb is the natural anti-flammatory properties it has. http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis...-turmeric.html

After taking this herb for two months my cycles became regular. So then I had a pelvic ultrasound done which was last month. During the ultrasound the tech said my ovaries looked normal. I was eager to hear the actual results from the doctor. A week later when the results came in, my doctor confirmed to me that I had no current signs of pcos at this time. All I could think about was thank you Lord!!! My prayers have been answered. Since then my cycles have been 28-35 days legnth for three months now. I definetly notice a change within my body as my cycles are becoming normal/natural.

Through this entire experience Iíve been in shock because Iíve struggled with pcos for about 8 years now. In the past Iíve tried medications which made me sick and Iíve given almost everything a try. (Metformine, Provera, DCI, Proesterone cream) some of these things may work for others but it wasnít a fit for my body. Anyways I hope this information helps someone as I wish I would have known this information a long time ago. Iíll keep everyone updated with my progress of being pcos-free

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to adea8 For This Useful Post:

DanaB (05-07-2014),ejay56 (01-28-2014),GlossyBossy (04-04-2014),Heatherxo (10-13-2013),Jennifer Marshall (04-30-2013),joyshine (01-28-2012),lady_b (05-02-2011),LifeIsABlessing (06-22-2012),Lourissa (07-12-2012),newfie (04-28-2013),parsimonde (03-26-2014),Rannastar (06-25-2014),Stig84 (07-03-2012),zaza8 (01-02-2013)

Thanks

That is great news. Did you buy the turmeric as a powder and mix into drinks or do you take a pill form of the turmeric? How much did you take a day?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RKTO For This Useful Post:

crystalkitty85 (03-29-2011)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I dont use tumeric in powder because i dont cook with it but I take tumeric in pill form. The dosage is 3 pills per day. The bottle contains 60 pills total. Thats a 20 day supply. The brand I use is called Oregons Wild Harvest they have a website you can check out. I really like their quality of products. The cost for one bottle was about 16$ but i think its well worht it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to adea8 For This Useful Post:

Lourissa (07-12-2012)

Thanks

Wow, that sounds great! And I know it has a great anti-cancer charachteristics (kills cancer cells on contact), so it is a really powerfull herb.
    Thanks for sharing!!

Can't wait to be a mommy ChloeDuvall's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello. Can I ask, did you change your diet while taking these herbs....start exercising at all....or do anything different? Or has just these herbs helped you?
    Married to DH since 06/02/00 Hidden Content

TTC #1 since '07

1500mg Metformin ER
    Perfect Prenatals
    Exercise
    Circle + Bloom

Thanks

wow! thank God!! theres a cure out there for pcos TUMERIC i'l definatly try it. thanks and gods blessings for sharing this with us. Adea8, pls wat herbs can i take to increase my estrogen level or does tumeric work for that too.
    My Meds - 1500mg Metformin, June 2nd-9th ,2010 = Menopur / Bravelle CD5 - CD9, Pregnyl 10,000 iu CD10
    South Beach Diet and Lots of Prayers ......Hidden Content Hidden Content BFP!!! 29th June, 2010.

TTC #2 menopur injects, November 6-10 trigger14 nov, Bfp #2
    Verily, His Command (GOD), When He intends a thing, is only that He says to it, Be! and it is! Quran 36:82

Hidden Content

Thanks
    Blog Entries

hey chloe, actually I have not exercised as i should be doing. my schedule is very busy with work, school, and other things. I have been stressed out from time to time but the herb is definetly doing its job. One thing that i've done differently is destressing my mind/body/soul. I know it sounds funny but handeling stress can go a long way. So for me, I use breathing techniches to calm myself down and to release madness. Also I started making time for some of my hobbies that I love doing. The key is to remain as happy as possible and as worry-less as possible. Think of something you enjoy doing and do it to the fullest. Along with it comes relaxation/excitement/fufillment. I hope this helps!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adea8 View Post
    I dont use tumeric in powder because i dont cook with it but I take tumeric in pill form. The dosage is 3 pills per day. The bottle contains 60 pills total. Thats a 20 day supply. The brand I use is called Oregons Wild Harvest they have a website you can check out. I really like their quality of products. The cost for one bottle was about 16$ but i think its well worht it.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to try the turmeric since inflammation is such a big part of PCOS and many other diseases. If it doesn't help that then it should help overall health at least. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

hello abushad, I have not read that tumeric has estogenic properties but there are many things to help increase estrogen levels such as red clover, dong quai, flax seed oil, red raspberry tea, fenugreek and so on. Just make sure that your not estrogen dominant as many pcos'ers are because you would just be adding on extra estrogen which eventually turns into androgens (testosterone) and creates hirtusim. I struggle with hirtuism so I tend to stay away from estrogenic properties. But everyones differnet and the main point is to get your estrogen/progesterone levels in balance. Hope this helps! good luck.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

no problem good luck with everything, dont give up. If I would of given up then I wouldnt have be able to share with others.

Can't wait to be a mommy ChloeDuvall's Avatar
    Thanks

I was also going to ask, what symptoms do you have (did you have) from PCOS that are now gone because of Turmeric, and what has remained?
    Married to DH since 06/02/00 Hidden Content

TTC #1 since '07

1500mg Metformin ER
    Perfect Prenatals
    Exercise
    Circle + Bloom

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Turmeric helps regulate the glucose metabolism so That makes sense why it gave you normal cycles! Turmeric is also in the herbal supplement Hyponidd which is used for PCOS, I was taking Turmeric myself this past month most days.

The Oregon's Wild harvest Turmeric is good because it contains Bioperne, which helps it be more bioavailable!
    Losing wieght down to a healthy weight by counting bites
    Hidden Content
    my wieght loss vlog
    Hidden Content

Reached my goal weight in 18 weeks!!! Went from 218.2 lbs to 149.8 lbs!! 68.4 lbs lost! Click on link above and feel free to ask me any questions about counting bites ect for weight loss!

Thanks

Does turmeric also help with weight loss and does anyone know if its safe to take while pregnant? Thanks!

Thanks

Adea8,
    Are you ID PCOS? I am thin with PCOS and not glucose intolerant, would it work for someone like me?

Thanks

This very interesting. I saw a natural medicine doctor who put me on an anti inflammatory diet, which I gave up after a month. I may try this again... No dairy, wheat or gluten, soy, peanuts, citrus fruit, refined sugar, processed foods, red meat... I'm sure there was more but I can't think of it now. She said the diet is basically a mediterranean diet. It is a very difficult diet to follow because so many things contain wheat and dairy... But if it works it's worth it. I bought turmeric today to add to my collection! Hopefully I will see a difference...

Thanks for the info