Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Postpartum Girdles

I was just wondering if anyone has used one of these or concidering using one. I found online at bellefit.com cost $145.00 I plan on purchasing says should start wearing the day you leave hospital.

God answers prayers! ~Alex's Wifey~'s Avatar
    Thanks

This is my first pregnancy, but I'm interested in what others have to say since I'm considering using one after giving birth too. =)
    Yessi (23) Hidden Content DH (23)

Hidden Content
    "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of Him." I Samuel 1:27

Thanks

not sure what the benifits are? can you tell us more?
    Kim 35 Brad 35
    Jacob...16, Mack ...15, Jackson...6, Lily ...5
    BFP 9/28/09 Baby Boy Bennett Due 6/8/10
    Induction date 6/1/10
    Hidden Content

Thanks

A friend of mine that had twins last year wishes she wore one. I gained 49 lbs with DS & honestly don't think one would be of any benefit to me. I hated maternity clothes so much that I packed all of them away the day before I went into the hospital. I was lucky to lose 37 pounds very fast, so I was back in my most old clothes within 2 weeks of delivery. I'm interested to see what the people who've tried them say about the benefits, I always thought they were kind of a sham but then again I have no experience to base that on. Please share ladies!!!
    11/08- 4/20 4 rounds Clomid 4 BFNs
    3/10/09- HSG- All Clear!
    5/20/09 Femara 5 mg
    6/17/09 BFP!
    2/15/10 Walker Anthony Evans 8bls 7 oz!!!
    10/14/10 BFP!! - no help Hidden Content
    6/16/11 Luke Aaron Evans 7 lbs 17 oz!!

Thanks

I am from a huge family of asian women and they swear by this. They dont use the bella band. But they use this fabric type stuff(bella bands will do just fine.)They wrap you very TIGHTLY from under your breats to the top of your thighs, pretty much right after birth. From what I understand, the benefit is pretty much it helps with holding everything in and getting everything back to were its used to be. You have to wear it all the time, including to bed. I did it for 2-3 days with DD and I wish I wouldve done it for at as long as possible. Just in the 2-3 days, I did it I noticed the difference. My tummy flattened up, even though it was only a couple of days. Anyway, I plan on doing this. Along with a very strict diet. I'm going to be miserable! Wish me luck!
    Heather 29 Kao 29

Aaliah Muey_May 26th, 2010

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks

marking
    Jeri Hidden Content 's Jason

TTC since Oct 2008
    Finally a BFP!!
    2 rounds of 50mg Clomid
    1 round 100mg Clomid
    with HCG trigger IUI and Preseed

Stick baby stick!!!!!!!!! yania's Avatar
    Thanks

marking. I would definantly like to see where this goes
    My two beautiful angel babies born March 17, 2008. Born to soon & so beautiful.
    Saphyre Ryver Jones & Londyn Rayne Jones.
    Brooke Angyl Jones Lost Jan. 29th 2009
    Baby Jones A Lost October 2009
    Avery William Born 11/16/10!! FINALLY
    GGB triplets born 11/30/11
    Expecting # 5
    Hidden Content

Thanks

This is what I found on web site will try to upload pic later

1. What is a C-Section or Cesarean Birth? Are they the same thing?

A C-Section or Cesarean birth (yes, they are the same thing) is an obstetrical procedure in which an infant, instead of being born naturally, is surgically removed from the uterus
    2. What should I expect after a C-Section?

After Cesarean Section, as with other types of open abdominal surgery, you will find an increased level of confidence in sitting up, ambulating, and resuming other post-op activities if a BelleFit Girdle or Corset is used. While the incision of the procedure does not cut through muscle or compromise the diaphragm, the incision is nevertheless long and painful. The BelleFit Girdle or Corset will enable you to move freely and perform any prescribed incentive breathing program, without the fear of the sutures breaking, or the wound eviscerating.
    3. Is a post-partum girdle a new invention?

In many countries it has always been a tradition to bind the lower ribs and abdomen of a mother who has just given birth. This is because the release of the baby from the womb creates a vacuum in the abdomen that needs to be reduced for the mother to get back into her natural shape. Historically the binding method was reasonably efficient, but the modern woman needs a more practical and appealing solution.
    4. Should I keep using my corset even if I feel bloated?

Yes, your BelleFit girdle or corset also helps you with Lymphatic drainage; it solves the problem of fluid tissue water retention, decreases the risks of fluid collection and helps reduce swelling due to compression. It provides greater mechanical support to lower abdominal tissue and faster healing times.
    5.Will it be painful to take it off every time I need to go to the bathroom?

BelleFit girdles and corsets have a convenient flap with hooks design to allow easy access to crotch without removing the garment. Due to the vaginal discharge after birth for several weeks and the necessity of cleaning and drying the perineum (tissue between the vagina and rectum) this flap will give the comfort necessary to keep this area clean and dry. Also Constipation is common after pregnancy and drinking plenty of fluids will help but also will make you urinate more than usual and in that case, the flap is very convenient.
    6. After giving birth to my first child with a C-Section I was afraid even of coughing; will the corset help me with that?

Yes, activities like deep breathing, coughing, and ambulation, even the thought of sitting up or getting out of bed may seem forbidding and coughing can be a frightening experience. After a C-Section you may tend to hunch over in an attempt to splint the wound, and need frequent reminders to straighten up. It may help to explain that good posture promotes healing by exerting just enough tension on abdominal muscles to strengthen them without disrupting the wound. Slouching, on the other hand, will throw you off balance, discourage deep breathing, and strain back muscles. You may start wearing your BelleFit Corset at the hospital.
    7. For how long should I wear a girdle or corset?

To achieve the best results, after birth, post-natal mothers should wear the appropriate clinical quality garment continuously (24 hrs) for a minimum period of one week. After the initial week you may take it off during the night.You may continue to wear your garment for the remaining 120 days, or as long as you feel comfortable. You will be able to fit into the next size down which you may continue to wear until your skin has gone back to normal.
    8. Iím really anxious about going back to my pre-pregnancy shape; do you think a girdle may help?

After giving birth, youíll lose quite a lot of weight, but your body might still leave you disappointed Ė all saggy and baggy - and you will wonder how you can even firm up again. At the same time, you will experience plunging hormone levels Ė no longer needed to sustain the pregnancy Ė which may make your emotional responses unpredictable. If you feel anxious or depressed, try to remember that all these symptoms will pass as your body recovers from the pregnancy and birth. However, now is definitely not the time to put yourself on a strict diet or through a rigorous exercise routine, which is why BelleFit Post-Partum Girdle or Corset will make you feel comfortable, while you get back into your ideal shape!
    9. Will a BelleFit Post-Partum Corset help after a Hysterectomy?

In certain post-hysterectomy cases where a tumor has been large enough to cause a marked relaxation of the abdominal wall, wearing a BelleFit Corset is recommended after surgery. Following an abdominal hysterectomy, you may require additional support of the incised abdominal musculature, particularly during ambulation and especially if your abdomen is large or your musculature weak. The BelleFit Corset can be used to provide the additional support during the healing process.
    10. Should I ask my doctor before I wear a Post-Partum Girdle?

Following a natural delivery, you may be advised by your physician to use a binder if your abdomen is unusually flabby or pendulous, and, if your musculature has been weakened by the pregnancy. This is particularly important psychologically if you believe you would be more comfortable with some support. BelleFit provides added encouragement needed when ambulation is prescribed, and muscle redevelopment will proceed normally to overcome the problem. When you are ambulatory, the use of your BelleFit Post-Partum Girdle will be much better than a regular binder because it will stay in place and offer overall support as you move around.
    11. Why is it necessary to wear a post-partum girdle or corset?

After pregnancy, your body goes through physical changes that need to be taken care of.
    BelleFit girdles and corsets will help with some of them:

• Pains or Cramps are due to your uterus returning to its pre-pregnancy size. Keeping your uterus firm will help and will also prevent excessive vaginal bleeding.
    • Cramping is sometimes more painful for women who have had other pregnancies, as the uterus needs to compensate for the previous stretching to return to pre-pregnancy size. That is why we specially recommend the post partum girdle or corset after every pregnancy. It is highly necessary on the second or third pregnancy because the muscles are loose and the uterus pendulum movement inclines it towards the pubis.
    • The BelleFit Girdle or Corset helps the uterus go back to its place in less time, provides back support and compression without feeling uncomfortable.
    12. Why do I have so much back pain during pregnancy?

Back Pain and pregnancy often go hand in hand. Back pain is a common complaint during pregnancy. And itís no wonder. Youíre gaining weight. Youíre walking in a new way. Your hormones are relaxing the joints and ligaments throughout your body. But you donít have to grin and bear it. Often, you can treat Ė or prevent - back pain during pregnancy with simple self-care strategies. Consider these steps to ease back pain:
    • Practice Good Posture: As your baby grows, your center of gravity shifts forward. As you compensate in some way to avoid falling forward, you may strain the muscles in your lower back Ė which can cause back pain. Enter the principles of good posture. Tuck your buttocks under, pull your shoulders back and downward, and stand straight and tall with the help of your BelleFit Pre-Natal Support Belt.
    • Get The Right Gear: Wear your BelleFit Pre-Natal Support Belt. Wear low-heeled shoes with good arch support. Wear maternity pants with a low, supportive waistband.
    • Sit And Stand With Care: Sit with your feet slightly elevated, and donít cross your legs. Choose a chair that supports your back. Change position often, and avoid standing for long periods of time. If you must stand, rest one foot on a low step stool.
    • Sleep On Your Side: Sleep on your side, not your back. Keep one or both knees bent. It may also help to place one pillow between your knees and another under your abdomen, or use a full-length body pillow.
    • Lift Properly: When lifting a small object, squat down and lift with your legs. Donít vend at the waist of lift with your back. Try to avoid sudden reaching movements or stretching your arms high over your head. And know your limits. Donít attempt to lift heavy objects or children.
    • Try Heat, Cold Or A Back Rub: Apply heat to your back. Soak in a warm bathtub or use a hot water bottle or a heating pad. Some women find relief by alternating ice packs with heat. Rubbing your back also may help.
    • Stay Fit: Regular exercise can keep your back strong and may actually relieve back pain. With your health care providerís OK, try swimming, walking or riding a stationary bike.

© Bellefit, Inc. | Terms & Conditions | Return Policy |

Thanks

Hmm, a coworker of mine said she wore one right after giving birth to her son and in her opinion it's what helped return her to her pre-pregnancy body. She said she only paid $20 for it though I'll ask her for the website. She said her skin looks better than any of her friends that had children around the same time she did.

Enjoying our family of 4! Jessieb's Avatar
    Thanks

marking...I hope more people write about this.
    Me(33), DH(37)
    Dx: 1995
    August 12, 2010 - Stella is here!
    March 8, 2012 - Gage is here!

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

I needed the support on my belly after my csection with DS. I just used a tensor bandage and wrapped it around my lower belly. It was cheap and I had it at home. After the the frist week, I went to Walmart and bought some light support undies. I used them for like the first 2 wks after DS was born. You don't want anything too tight especially after the c/s as you need to let the incision breathe a bit.

I was back in my pre-preg jeans 2 wks after he was born (my fat pants but my jeans none the less). I am a 14/16 and I have a ponch normally so I def needed the support

Personally I wouldn't go out and spend that kind of money on them as you can probably find something just as good and cheaper.
    Lindsay
    Me (31) DH (29)
    DS - Clomid, Met & TI
    DD - Met, Femara & Puregon & IUI

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Marking.. Good thread..

Sticky Baby Smith!!! <3 Asherlexie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I think if you have c section I can see the benefit and I wore a girlde type thing afte birth and did nothing to help me. But I don't think 145 dollars is worth it when it comes to after birth because the bills are high and milk/diapers/ clothes are expensive on their own. I recommend bf a little as I did for 6 weeks and lost almost 30 pounds.. Was awkward and hurt..lol But worth it.
    Austin (26) & Kimberly (24) Smith

Matilea Kay 2/8/2010 7lb 13oz, 21 inches

Things happen for a reason. Going to be a mommy to Irish twins in 2010.

Thanks

WASTE. OF. MONEY. IMO...Face it ladies. Your body is going to be different after pregnancy. It's bound to happen! Embrace your body, eat healthy, exercise...don't look for a quick fix.
    Haley ♥♥♥♥ married to my love since 11.29.08
    SAHM to peanut 02.01.10 & pumpkin 05.25.11 &
    Surprise #3 expected January 2013!
    Hidden Content

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HRkswildcat View Post
    WASTE. OF. MONEY. IMO...Face it ladies. Your body is going to be different after pregnancy. It's bound to happen! Embrace your body, eat healthy, exercise...don't look for a quick fix.
    Yup. What Haley said.

Honestly, one of the things that will help shrink your uterus (and to some extent your belly) back down to normal size more quickly is breastfeeding, if you choose to do it. BFing stimulates contractions in the uterus that help it shrink down to normal size faster.

I am a thinner cyster to begin with, but I never used a girdle of any kind post-partum. I can see where maybe the support would be helpful if you have a c-sec (I don't know from experience on that; did not have a c/s).

If you can view it (I can't seem to attach pics to threads on SC since the new format, not sure why) here is a pic of me with DD last summer at the beach. Granted this was over a year after her birth, but I think my stomach looks purty good. It's NOT as flat as it was. And it took 6-8 months for me to lose all my baby weight (gained about 38lbs with DD) but you know, exercise, eat healthfully . . . and that's about the best you can do.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...Picture070.jpg