Thanks

Default Pregnant with help of Vitex? Dosage?

Hello and Congrats!
    I'm wondering if anyone out there used Vitex to get pregnant and if so, how did you take it? Did you only use it at a certain point in your cycle? Did you stop taking it once you were pregnant? Thanks for the info!
    -----------------------
    Weight:
    125 Height: 5'4
    Diagnosis:

• PCOS
    • Hypothyroid
    • Positive ANA Antibodies

Medication/Supplements: Armour Thyroid, Fish Oil

Thanks

I used vitex when I got pg with my first DD, I used the liquid form for one cycle before I got my bfp with her (after trying for 8 months or so). I took about 1/2 a dropper mixed with green tea 2 tx's a day-I *think* the bottle said 25-40 drops 2-3 times/day. Just so you know-it is GROSS (but so worth it!) I ovulated on cd 19 and got my bfp 10 days later. I took vitex from cd 1 until my bfp, I think its just a personal choice if you want to stop after O'ing or stop after bfp or continue after bfp and wean down. I stopped cold turkey and had no adverse reactions. Personally I think vitex starts working faster in liquid form, but again thats another personal choice. Good luck!!
    Hidden Content Mama to JHidden Content (4/2006) and N Hidden Content (9/2010) , Partner to VHidden Content

Registered User blackberries225's Avatar
    Thanks

I know this isn't what you asked, but I got pregnant taking Femaprin which is vitex with B-6 and I only took 1 a day.
    Courtney 31 DH 34

Mommy to my sweet Kayden born to soon August 28, 2010, and his awesome brother, my dear rainbow baby, Keenan born 1/26/12....

Inositol/Choline is my super combo in treating PCOS!

Thanks

I was taking 800 mg Vitex when I got pg with DD#1. I was using it for 2 cycles, but was already fairly regular because I had been on Met for about a year.